Gransnet forums

Chat

Thank You Gransnetters ?♥️

(91 Posts)
FannyCornforth Tue 14-Sep-21 11:10:45

Hello
This post is to say thank you all so much for everything this past year.
I cannot express how much I have gained from your support, help, advice, friendship and fun.
This year has been incredibly tough for me.
As well as the usual Covid stuff, my physical health, chronic pain and mobility have meant that I’m practically housebound.
This has also had a knock on effect with my mental health.
I’ve had to give up my ideal teaching job that I worked so hard for.
And my husband has been very, very poorly indeed.
So, on today, my first GN Fanniversary*
I just want to say thank you to Gransnetters for always being here when I needed distraction and company flowers ♥️ smile x

thanks *Alegrias for your sleuthing!

Annapops Wed 15-Sep-21 14:44:45

Always enjoy reading your threads Fanny. Thank you for your warmth and humour, brave lady.

Lizzie44 Wed 15-Sep-21 15:51:23

Happy Fanniversary. Thank you for your measured and entertaining posts. I admire your spirit in the face of all your difficulties. I'm newish to Gransnet - a technophobe with no previous experience of forums. [How do you do all those wonderful littles symbols etc?!]
My thoughts are with you for the future.

Annigranni Wed 15-Sep-21 15:56:11

Wishing you a better year and much happiness.
I am fairly new to G/N, but do enjoy your posts x

Grany Wed 15-Sep-21 16:04:56

Happy Fanniversary ??

DiscoGran Wed 15-Sep-21 16:13:53

Happy Fanniversary, you are one of my faves too!! ??

Rosina Wed 15-Sep-21 16:21:58

Here's to a much better year for you - and well done for getting through the hard times. thanks

HannahLoisLuke Wed 15-Sep-21 17:13:56

Happy Fanniversarary, and hoping for better times for you and Mr C

AGAA4 Wed 15-Sep-21 17:20:30

Happy Fanniversary. I have enjoyed your threads. You stay light hearted despite all your difficulties. I hope things improve for you. You do deserve some better times flowers

henetha Wed 15-Sep-21 17:32:36

Only just read this as I've been out. But just want to send warm good wishes to you FannyCornforth and the fervent hope that life improves hugely for you. I always enjoy your posts very much. Big hug from Hen.

Seabreeze Wed 15-Sep-21 18:59:44

Cheers. Fannycornforth. Wishing you both better health in the future. Keep em coming.

Skye17 Wed 15-Sep-21 20:25:53

Happy Fanniversary, and I do hope things improve.

MrsPickle Wed 15-Sep-21 20:49:31

Fanniversary... I love it.
I don't post often but read a lot. Fanny, i could have written that too.
Hub has had his first counseling today and we have shared so much.
I have shared the grief i felt when we left our close circle of friends when we moved our caravan late 2019 to be closer to home.
The grief i felt when my home social groups closed last year due to covid.
The grief i have felt this year with hub ill, and the guilt at feeling guilt of having him home all day and further losing my shreds of life.
But you lot have made me laugh, kept me sane and so, Fanny, thank you

Minerva Wed 15-Sep-21 22:03:41

Late to the party as usual - it’s been a long hard day. Not quite too late to say Happy Fanniversary Fanny and to hope that you have an easier year ahead of you.

GreenGran78 Thu 16-Sep-21 00:16:08

I'm just getting used to having a bit of a social life again, so have just popped on for a quick topic skip before popping off to bed.
I, too, have enjoyed your quirky posts, and you have sparked a lot of interesting and enjoyable comments - for which I add my thanks as well. Many of us have had a rough time in the last year or two, including myself (not related to Covid or poor health) but you and your DH have had it really tough, by the sound of it.
Wishing you both a much better and healthier year to come, and please keep up the interesting and amusing posts.
Happy Fanniversary

Shelflife Thu 16-Sep-21 08:08:22

Hope you are ok Fanny, love your posts . Wishing you and DH well, thinking about you.