Gransnet forums

Chat

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness

(90 Posts)
NotAGran55 Thu 16-Sep-21 08:17:24

I woke to a misty morning and smiled because I love, love, love the autumn.
Possibly because I was born in the autumn or because I suit Autumn colours? Who knows ..

I love everything about it , the temperature, colours, smells , clothes , watching the harvest come in , getting stuck behind tractors included!

What is your favourite season?

MissAdventure Sun 19-Sep-21 20:30:21

I like spring and autumn best.
Then winter, and I loathe hot summers.

MayBeMaw Sun 19-Sep-21 20:24:25

What I like is that seasons actually change

I would hate to have the same weather day in day out.

amblucgeolyd4 Sun 19-Sep-21 18:40:35

Same here late spring early summer for me when everything is springing into life and its warmer and sunnier and you feel the joy that it brings

Galaxy62 Sun 19-Sep-21 17:33:14

Spring for me after a depressing winter

Edge26 Sat 18-Sep-21 08:43:12

I love the Autumn, it reminds me of growing up in the countryside, going for walks, kicking up the leaves and cozing up in the evening as the nights draw in.

Jane71 Sat 18-Sep-21 08:17:06

All the seasons have their own charm. One of the delights is seeing the seasons progress and change. But I don’t like wet springs and warm winters.
All in all, I like the spring the best as nature is so wonderful and spring shows it too it’s best.

HannahLoisLuke Fri 17-Sep-21 22:47:43

Spring, especially late spring when everything is in full bloom, birds busily raising their chicks, and the air is full of promise.

grannyrebel7 Fri 17-Sep-21 22:05:52

I love all the seasons, but summer is favourite. I was born in the summer.

ginny Fri 17-Sep-21 21:08:26

Spring and summer for me.

I would quite like to ban October to February, apart from a few days in December.
Cold, damp , short days and long dark nights. Being bundled up in coats , scarves and gloves. No thank you.

NotAGran55 Fri 17-Sep-21 20:37:48

Josianne

NotAGran55

Yay! ?
We have a clear winner..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr1qiKoMyQ8

Nice thread NotAGran and nice photography in that film.

Thank you Josianne . I love the clip I must say . Beautiful music and reading too .

kevincharley Fri 17-Sep-21 20:26:21

I just enjoy whatever season I'm in.

Janetashbolt Fri 17-Sep-21 19:37:55

Spring, I go nuts in the autumn planting hundreds of bulbs in pots and forget what I've planted it's always great fun seeing what emerges.

Froglady Fri 17-Sep-21 17:50:32

Summer for me - with lovely sun. I hate being cold, wet and feel miserable when I am.

grandMattie Fri 17-Sep-21 17:49:01

I was born and brought up in the tropics. We had the hot wet season and the cooler wet season… so I love all the seasons in this country. My favourite is the one happening now! Then the next, etc.

Josianne Fri 17-Sep-21 17:29:46

NotAGran55

Yay! ?
We have a clear winner..

Nice thread NotAGran and nice photography in that film.

Quichette Fri 17-Sep-21 17:22:53

Autumn for me please. Fall colours are beautiful in the U.S..

Bridie22 Fri 17-Sep-21 17:21:24

Summer, I dislike being cold ?

missdeke Fri 17-Sep-21 15:35:53

All these Autumn lovers made me think of this www.youtube.com/watch?v=77rinB5pYqA&ab_channel=doroty66 although I'm another Winter baby who prefers Summer.

Sueki44 Fri 17-Sep-21 15:23:42

I love Autumn! Admittedly I was born in October, but I like the run up to Christmas: Halloween, Bonfire Night, Advent calendars etc. I now have a little granddaughter and I look forward to her excitement. It’s not about ‘things’ but crunching through leaves , carving pumpkins ( turnips in my day),making potato print wrapping paper and amateurish cards.Bring it on!

Alioop Fri 17-Sep-21 14:57:44

Autumn for me too. I love walking the dog in the cooler mornings and the colours changing on the trees. Only thing is winter will be next and I hate it, cold, dark and depressing.

Bluecat Fri 17-Sep-21 14:40:54

Summer. I like the sunshine and
the gardens in bloom. Autumn would be more enjoyable if it wasn't spider season, when the hideous things move indoors. Don't enjoy winter much at all. Spring flowers signal that winter is ending, and I love to see the trees in blossom.

She777 Fri 17-Sep-21 14:35:54

I love Winter. I think its because when we were little we would be sat in front of the fire after a bath with a steaming mug of milky coffee and the wind howling outside.

NotAGran55 Fri 17-Sep-21 14:33:48

Yay! ?
We have a clear winner..

Happysexagenarian Fri 17-Sep-21 14:06:29

Autumn and Winter.

I love the colours of Autumn, the smell of bonfires, picking apples and other autumn fruits, seeing the harvest being gathered in from the fields around us, and watching the birds feed on the rose hips etc. I don't like the wet fallen leaves on the pavements - dangerous!

I love the crisp cold days of Winter, thick snuggly sweaters, frost patterns on the garden shrubs and window panes, snow (when we get it), curling up by a roaring fire with a good book and a mug of hot chocolate, tasty casseroles and steamed puddings, and of course Christmas which I absolutely LOVE, even the shopping!

Shortlegs Fri 17-Sep-21 13:56:24

The football season.