Gransnet forums

Chat

How are you and what are you doing today?

(112 Posts)
Germanshepherdsmum Thu 07-Oct-21 12:47:06

I enjoyed Fanny’s thread but think I understand why she asked for it to be taken down. In the hope that we can start another and that GN don’t take this down - I’m just enjoying some lovely sunny, calm weather after the recent heavy rain and gales. Doing as little as I can get away with so I can enjoy the sunshine. What about you?

Casdon Thu 07-Oct-21 14:44:39

Funny you should say that Kim19 as it’s quite a nice day compared to recently where I am, so I’ve been planting bulbs, and just finished putting in some lovely pansies for the pot by the front door, they cheer me up in the winter.

JaneJudge Thu 07-Oct-21 14:47:44

I've been deep cleaning my kitchen sad

FannyCornforth Thu 07-Oct-21 14:50:12

Thank you GermanShepherds Mum smileflowers
Nice to see that you’ve broken your thread duck?

FannyCornforth Thu 07-Oct-21 14:51:07

Commiserations Jane, I’m sure that it will be worth it.
Have you looked behind the fridge yet? shock

JaneJudge Thu 07-Oct-21 14:54:26

No! I have only done half of it. I have packed in for today.....why is such hard work making your house clean?

Shelbel Thu 07-Oct-21 14:56:35

I'm 59 This morning I was busy faffing about with my desktop pc which I rarely use now. Updating, deleting stuff etc. This afternoon I've cleared away the rest of the tomato plants and put on the compost. I noticed one large and two small frogs in our very small pond then I saw something jump in the long grass wildlife area, small yellowish frog and then a big yellowish one. Going to be over run with them soon.

I'm tired out now and my hands are really hurting (the olf Fibro and arthritis combo) so it's inside for a cup of tea and meds. Turned out warm and sunny. smile

kittylester Thu 07-Oct-21 14:56:50

Oooohh, Galaxy, I love Rob Brydon and have seen him quite a few times! One memorable time we took DH's brother and his wife who were not getting on terribly well. Rob did a sketch about going to marriage guidance which DH and I found really funny. His brother did not!

Callistemon Thu 07-Oct-21 14:57:41

I've been sorting and throwing out paperwork but now the shredder has broken.

Tesco delivery coming shortly - did I order wine?

BBbevan Thu 07-Oct-21 15:11:04

Didn’t sleep well last night so just woken up from a little snooze . DH brought me a cup of tea and a mini Battenburg. What more could you want ?

DanniRae Thu 07-Oct-21 15:22:07

Oh BBbevan I love Battenburg cakes. I'll treat myself to some when I go shopping tomorrow. Do you like Bakewell Tarts too? I do!!

Georgesgran Thu 07-Oct-21 15:36:10

I took my car along earlier to have it hand-washed as the bonnet and roof were splashed with bird poo!
Coming home a light warning of ‘low air suspension’ has come on. According to Mr Google, it’s still driveable and might be caused by water ingress in the rear fuse box (quoting here of course, as I haven’t got a clue).
Wonder if it’s too obvious that the car wash has caused it?
Due a service and MOT next month, but not sure I can leave it that long.

BBbevan Thu 07-Oct-21 16:13:09

DanniRae Yes I do, and eat the cherry first !

BlueSapphire Thu 07-Oct-21 16:29:05

Feeling fine; just walked back from my ballet class, the first time back since before lockdown last year! It was a good workout, followed by a brisk half hour walk home, so lots of exercise today. And it was so nice to see familiar faces again. After the class I had a coffee at a local cafe; sat outside and watched the world go by.

Shall pour myself a small sherry at about 6pm, and will be having a wine with dinner - I know how to live! Then an evening of knitting and watching tv, lots on tonight.

AGAA4 Thu 07-Oct-21 16:39:18

I feel as though I have wasted s whole afternoon trying to get through to British Gas who have cancelled my service appointment again. Booked a lunch out to cheer myself up.

Coolgran65 Thu 07-Oct-21 17:18:45

Back from dentist at 3.30. A small filling didn’t even need any anaesthesia. Dh and I did a visit to his sister who lives locally. We took cake but a two finger kitkat for me as I’m counting calories (110 calories).

Will watch the chase and then think about making dinner.

DiscoGran Thu 07-Oct-21 17:35:45

Finished work for the week, made macaroni cheese with onions and smoked bacon for tea, feet up and cuppa for now. ?

JaneJudge Thu 07-Oct-21 17:39:10

my youngest came in from school and asked if I was cleaning the house so I could put up the Christmas tree blush

Callistemon Thu 07-Oct-21 17:43:23

Trying to finish a crochet blanket this afternoon and realised I've done it wrong and need to RIP it back quite a way!

I'll leave it now until after dinner.

JaneJudge Thu 07-Oct-21 17:54:05

nooooooooooooooo sad

Galaxy Thu 07-Oct-21 17:59:51

He was brilliant the last time we saw him kitty, about 12 years ago, but and this will teach me to read things properly, we have only just realised that it is a night of song with a band, I had thought I was going to stand up comedy which is slightly different sad

Callistemon Thu 07-Oct-21 18:12:14

rip not RIP!

Done! Quite satisfying

kittylester Thu 07-Oct-21 18:16:30

galaxy I think this tour is both. You will have a great time!

Blossoming Thu 07-Oct-21 19:15:59

My PCR test is negative! Still feeling rough, but relieved too.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 07-Oct-21 19:17:18

Commiserations to all who haven’t had the best of days. Jane, I was cleaning my kitchen last week ahead of guests arriving for the weekend and I have no idea how two adults and one dog can cause such chaos. I’m still recovering. However I have tied up some plants again (my cheap Amazon twine broke in the gales) and caught up with some long overdue correspondence and dinner is almost ready. A lazy one I’m afraid, chicken Kievs from the butcher, new (allegedly) potatoes from Suffolk and green beans from Kenya. I’m appalled at the air miles but my ‘green’ son tells me I’m supporting the global economy. Plus peppercorn sauce from a packet. I will retire in utter disgrace and bid you all a good evening...

FannyCornforth Thu 07-Oct-21 20:13:02

Blossoming

My PCR test is negative! Still feeling rough, but relieved too.

That’s excellent! Hope that you feel better soon B x