Gransnet forums

Chat

How are you and what are you doing today?

(112 Posts)
Germanshepherdsmum Thu 07-Oct-21 12:47:06

I enjoyed Fanny’s thread but think I understand why she asked for it to be taken down. In the hope that we can start another and that GN don’t take this down - I’m just enjoying some lovely sunny, calm weather after the recent heavy rain and gales. Doing as little as I can get away with so I can enjoy the sunshine. What about you?

Maggiemaybe Mon 11-Oct-21 08:27:38

Yesterday we failed miserably in delivering DGS1 to football (we went to the wrong place blush), and I failed to give blood, due to a last minute hitch. Babysat last night and DGS1 gave so many instructions as to how to find the components of their supper I suggested it would be easier if they get it themselves. He told me he was just seeing if I could remember the directions. I’m being monitored by an 8 year old! grin

DanniRae Mon 11-Oct-21 07:52:04

Hopefully going to get our flu jabs today - it's been over a week since our boosters. Just felt it was better to not have them too closely together.

Kim19 Sat 09-Oct-21 07:33:50

Look forward to reading your insurance discoveries and tips, E. Wonderful.

love0c Sat 09-Oct-21 07:29:00

Up at just after 6 this morning. Busy day ahead. Two grandchildren this morning and then being joined by a third. Everybody doing things on the same day smile always the way! Might get in an early walk before they arrive. Looks nice out there. Have a good day everybody .

Esspee Sat 09-Oct-21 06:58:09

NotTooOld

DH had good news from the hospital yesterday. Today was the first day I have woken up feeling happy for weeks.

I am so happy for you. Enjoy your weekend.

Esspee Sat 09-Oct-21 06:56:49

I spent yesterday finally arranging travel insurance so that I can hug my granddaughters for the first time in two years. My adrenaline levels were so high I slept badly last night so today an afternoon nap is on the cards.
I must update my travel insurance thread so that fellow gransnetters needing travel insurance can benefit from all the research I put in. Then I will start working on finding flights for next year to visit my late husband’s family. None of us are getting any younger and I had almost despaired of ever seeing them again. Once that is accomplished I can relax.

BBbevan Sat 09-Oct-21 06:30:35

DD and husband coming to supper today. We might get fish and chips as we haven’t had that in ages. So tidy up this morning and just do Saturday things. Have a good weekend everyone

GagaJo Fri 08-Oct-21 22:46:31

Worked most of the day. A shame because it's been nice weather.

LadyGaGa Fri 08-Oct-21 22:39:36

llamas99 you’ve got friends now! We all have lonely times thanks

LadyGaGa Fri 08-Oct-21 22:32:14

This is a nice thread! The good morning one is always a bit early for me - usually read it in bed! smile so pleased for you NotTooOld know that feeling. Enjoy your new found happy feeling!

NotTooOld Fri 08-Oct-21 22:09:04

DH had good news from the hospital yesterday. Today was the first day I have woken up feeling happy for weeks.

Shinamae Fri 08-Oct-21 20:36:27

Went for booster today, previously I had Astrazeneca but the booster was Pfizer, so far no adverse reactions. I did refuse the flu vaccine now and will get that done at a later date

Llamas99 Fri 08-Oct-21 20:33:23

Really enjoyed these postings, hardly have friends anymore I'm sorry to say!

Boz Fri 08-Oct-21 16:37:46

Georgesgran

I’m frustrated trying to book a flu jab at Boots. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong? Put Durham (my nearest City) in and it tells me they have no branch within 50 miles!! Really??
Resort to postcode and there’s a choice, so I choose one and select 3/11 from dates offered, but when I click on an a available time, my screen darkens and the site takes me no further. Any ideas, GNs?

I had the same problem to-day and resorted to telephoning around. It took me an hour to get a nearby Chemist for Oct 30th. My Doctors's said they had booked all their allocation and sent me away.

MiniMoon Fri 08-Oct-21 16:31:26

Good news today. I had a scan for gallstones a couple of weeks ago. Call from GP to say that as I'm symptomless no need for further treatment at present.
Made salmon in a mustard sauce, green bean dahl, and rice for lunch. Just back from a very pleasant walk.
Watching Antiques Roadtrip now.

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 08-Oct-21 16:22:24

After yesterday’s fairly exhausting day (trip with OH to see the Alice exhibition at the V&A) I have been more relaxed today. A bit of admin this morning, couple of loads of laundry put on and reading the paper, it is OH’s turn to cook so I might watch the Hairy Bikers programme which we recorded last night. I am off to London again tomorrow. I am meeting younger son and we are going to see the Summer Exhibition at the Royal Academy. I have booked us lunch at the Hawksmoor, which if you like steak, is the place to go.

Allsorts Fri 08-Oct-21 16:18:32

I was rung by the surgery, they are contacting everyone Georgesgran, so you will be contacted.
Had Covid vaccine and flue jab at same time, I won’t again, it wiped me out.

DanniRae Fri 08-Oct-21 16:13:23

I did my usual dog walk around the park with Mr R and a selection of the usual gang. Then after a coffee off to Sainsburys. Had lunch, helped put away summer duvets, put casserole in the oven and now I am really rather tired. So time on here and then "Pointless" and Richard's "House of Games". Dinner and then more tv........then to bed zzzzzzzzz smile

Skallagrigg Fri 08-Oct-21 15:26:50

Hi Today I was out for a lovely 4ml. walk with a group of other ladies, followed by a coffee. This afternoon my husband booked us an afternoon concert on sunday. A first outing to a theatre since before lockdown. having to take our proof of vacs. which is good.

PinkCakes Fri 08-Oct-21 15:04:02

Smileless2012 Thank you. I've just been for a walk round the block (just over 1/2 a mile). That's my exercise for the day {smile}

BlueSapphire Fri 08-Oct-21 14:59:26

I am sitting in M&S Cafe with a cappuccino. Just been into Boots and got DD-out-law's birthday present, a rather nice Joules washbag filled with their products. One or two things to get here, then into Next (just window shopping!). Then Sainsburys for bin bags, how exciting!
Making a curry when I get home, then watch tv and knitting.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 08-Oct-21 14:04:55

Poor you Katy. You do have a difficult Mum. Take care of yourself, take it easy and I hope Sunday’s test is negative too. ?

Katyj Fri 08-Oct-21 13:42:16

Having a quiet day today. Woke this morning with a terrible headache caused by visiting my mum yesterday, and listening to all her woes about being lonely and no one visiting ! You may have seen the thread ?
My friend at work has tested positive for covid, so done a lateral flow today it’s negative ? probably do another one on Sunday.
Headache easing now so going to sit outside in the lovely sunshine. Have a lovely day whatever your doing.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 08-Oct-21 12:55:46

Hollysteers, thinking of you and hoping all is well.

Namsnanny, what a disaster! But what a brilliant idea to salvage it. I’m sure we all eagerly await news of the results and wish we lived near enough to save you from yourself!?

I finally managed to book flu jabs for self and husband for tomorrow. Thought I’d never get through. It was a dedicated flu jab line at the local surgery, can’t imagine why it took so long to move up the queue whilst listening to some ghastly racket instead of calming music but hey ho, all booked. ?

Also caught up with writing and posting a long overdue letter so conscience reasonably clear. ??

Dead heading and more staking this afternoon. Dahlias growing like the clappers.

Salad for lunch and lovely fresh fish tonight (we live in Norfolk, near the sea, and get wonderful fish), which I will fry with chips. Very naughty I know. And managed to secure herrings, which husband loves but seem as rare as hens’ teeth, so many go for kippers, for his lunch tomorrow.

Hope you all have a good day.

Georgesgran Fri 08-Oct-21 12:43:17

I’m frustrated trying to book a flu jab at Boots. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong? Put Durham (my nearest City) in and it tells me they have no branch within 50 miles!! Really??
Resort to postcode and there’s a choice, so I choose one and select 3/11 from dates offered, but when I click on an a available time, my screen darkens and the site takes me no further. Any ideas, GNs?