Gransnet forums

Chat

How are you and what are you doing today?

(112 Posts)
Germanshepherdsmum Thu 07-Oct-21 12:47:06

I enjoyed Fanny’s thread but think I understand why she asked for it to be taken down. In the hope that we can start another and that GN don’t take this down - I’m just enjoying some lovely sunny, calm weather after the recent heavy rain and gales. Doing as little as I can get away with so I can enjoy the sunshine. What about you?

1wend Tue 12-Oct-21 12:39:35

Shelbel Happy Happy 59th Birthday. Hope you have your best year ever! grin
Take care of your fibro and arthritis- I have the same affliction grin

LadyGracie Tue 12-Oct-21 12:32:50

I was going to change the bed until I discovered the cat asleep on it. No, I won't disturb him.
I've put a couple of things in the loft, tidied around and polished after the Roomba has done his stuff.
A potter round the garden now in the beautiful sunshine, weeds, weeds never ending weeds.

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 12-Oct-21 12:30:07

Ooh Nell8, lucky you! Royal salvias! Tuppence to speak to you then. What a lovely kind gesture.
Well I won’t be gardening after all, it’s now raining. So I will order my bulbs if there any left.

1wend Tue 12-Oct-21 12:23:27

Pink cakes, I’m amazed and impressed you’ve managed so many physical activities after two huge and harrowing health scares. Strong is the resilience in this one hmm.

Nell8 Tue 12-Oct-21 12:18:10

I visited the Royal Park in Richmond yesterday and chatted to a young lady gardener, who gave me six freebie salvias she had lifted. I am pathetically chuffed. Now I have to decide where to put them. (Hope the Queen doesn't want them back.)

AGAA4 Tue 12-Oct-21 12:02:48

I have had an enjoyable time in town buying gifts for my son's birthday this week. I am looking forward to lunch out with him on Thursday.

henetha Tue 12-Oct-21 10:23:43

Beautiful sunshine here in Devon today. I'm sitting with my new microwave heating pad on my back and it's very comforting. I have discovered though that it doesn't stay hot for very long, - less than an hour or so.
Yay! - I'm having my third Covid (Booster) jab today!
Isn't that great.

BBbevan Tue 12-Oct-21 09:40:55

Just taken all the runner bean poles down and cleared the ground so sitting down for a minute . And it’s not yet 10 o’clock.

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 12-Oct-21 09:27:57

The highlight of my week this morning, a Tesco delivery.? Then gardening. I lead such an exciting life!

Lucca Tue 12-Oct-21 09:16:07

It’s a bit wet and windy here and I’m trying to decide if I can face going into the big city to check out Zara Mango H and M Cos etc because I need (well….want) some new clothes and in my town, once a great shoppers destination, so many shops have closed.

JillyJosie2 Tue 12-Oct-21 08:43:13

What a nice thread. Hello everyone. I bounce around GN reading different threads and enjoying some of the discussions which I only occasionally join.
Today I'm tired having been restless all night about a house move. We are being pushed by a cash buyer at the bottom of the short chain and are about to buy a very nice house indeed but not quite where we want to live. We've been looking for 18 months so we're going to go for it this time. Hope it's the right thing to do.

Neen Mon 11-Oct-21 23:50:25

Sorry ..wrong thread

Neen Mon 11-Oct-21 23:49:37

Daughter of navy man here, he loved boats and we had boats as a child all the way through until dad was poorly then passed on.
He taught my girls to drive boats on the Broads and they take out boats with their children now.
I love them but would not own one. Insurance and maintenance and harbour fees and loo suction etc etc ( I'm not into emptying loos in rivers as many do ) , it's not all it's cracked up to be and a week's holiday can be enough. But that's my opinion only.
I'd suggest holidaying in one first, then write pros and cons. Also check the height of the vessel, as it may only be able to go certain directions if doesn't fit under a near by bridge.
To transport a vessel of any size is verrry expensive.

Maggiemaybe Mon 11-Oct-21 22:16:24

We went to see No Time to Die this morning (I can highly recommend it). Fortunately there were only 15 other people in the cinema, and none anywhere near us, as we heard this evening that a friend we were with on Friday has tested positive. So have we, this evening, though we haven't any symptoms at all. Off for pcr tests tomorrow. We have a lot of cancelling to do for the next few days - dental appointments, asthma clinic, a meal on Wednesday, a day out with DD2 on Thursday, a concert on Friday, and a couple of days in York with museum visits and a comedy night early next week. It is what it is, and neither of us feels at all poorly at the moment. I'm heading up to bed now for an early night, with a box of painkillers, tissues and a pile of books, just in case it kicks in overnight. Fingers crossed.

Callistemon Mon 11-Oct-21 16:26:33

Done lots of washing (boring) including changing bed linen, some cleaning (boring) and am now sitting contemplating my next craft project. It requires some thinking time sitting in a sunny conservatory ?

ginny Mon 11-Oct-21 15:39:26

Right now I am in my happy place. An afternoon of crafting. As you can see by the photo, I am a messy worker.

Kim19 Mon 11-Oct-21 15:36:57

I'm really well (I think!) and very pleased with a big job I completed in the garden this morning. Procrastination over! Shortly underway to big city with a bit of shopping to do en route and then an evening meeting to attend. Been a bit inactive of late which is unusual so that's probably why today feels doubly good.

PinkCakes Mon 11-Oct-21 15:13:27

It's been sunny and bright today (although a bit cool) here in Nottingham. I went to the doctor's for some blood tests, but because I got there 5 minutes late (I'd been looking for a parking space), the nurse wouldn't see me. Her next appointment was 15 minutes after mine, and there was nobody waiting. Got to go back next week.

I then went to a park (we've got lots of lovely parks) and met my niece, had a coffee and a walk around there, took photos of the many squirrels. It was lovely to get some fresh air and exercise.

Georgesgran Mon 11-Oct-21 10:27:48

Car hunting with DD2 later today.
Taking their no2 pooch back as he’s been with me for 2 weeks to give no1 pooch time to recover from a poorly back.
M&S Octopus seem to have cocked up my move to them from E-on, so I’ll pop into a branch and see if the Energy Desk is manned to ask what’s going on. Nothing’s ever easy!
BF retires today - so a glass of fizzy wine is called for later.

henetha Mon 11-Oct-21 10:22:26

I'm fine apart from the usual. It's a beautiful sunny day here.
And I'm seeing my granddaughter again later (the one who is over here on a visit from Ireland). So all is well.

BBbevan Mon 11-Oct-21 10:18:55

Just come in for a coffee. Been down the garden and I have cleared and dug over one courgette bed, and started dismantling the runner beans. DH is upstairs painting a ceiling. Didn’t sleep well last night again so after lunch I might have a snooze. Have a good day everyone. Just realised it is Monday. I was sure it was Tuesday. Hey ho!,,

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 11-Oct-21 10:05:34

I must do some WI admin this morning - I’m the secretary. A friend runs a Craft Club so I’m popping over to that this afternoon. It’s OH’s turn to cook dinner, but I think we might have the left overs from yesterday’s chicken, leek and dill extravaganza.

TerriBull Mon 11-Oct-21 09:56:23

I'm going to clean my kitchen. Later on I'm going swimming.

sodapop Mon 11-Oct-21 08:41:21

That made me chuckle Maggiemaybe grin

Maggiemaybe Mon 11-Oct-21 08:30:13

I’m going to have an easy day today and rest my ageing brain. A walk, looking after DGS6 this afternoon (he’s too young to judge), and a pub quiz tonight.