Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 10th October 2021

(57 Posts)
Ashcombe Sun 10-Oct-21 07:05:38

Good morning to the early birds and those who follow. It’s dry so far with sunshine promised again.

I had a good journey home, avoiding the long queues caused by long term road works near Newton Abbot by diverting off the A380 and travelling home via Teignmouth. The road follows a scenic coastal route but, as the driver negotiating treacherous bends, you admire it at your peril!

Last night, I should have been on the Front of House team for our first play in 18 months at our amateur theatre but it had to be cancelled. Last Sunday, the leading lady tested positive for Covid, soon followed by two other actors, the director and our resident technician! It is so disappointing for all concerned - players, volunteers who support and our patrons - after everything was ready. We’ve closed our premises for deep cleaning and all ticket holders have been offered refunds. ☹️

Wishing you all the restful Sunday you deserve with some ☀️ to lift your spirits and plenty of ???

Urmstongran Sun 10-Oct-21 06:51:17

I like the idea of MAGS Maw! ?

MayBeMaw Sun 10-Oct-21 06:38:22

Good morning all from Moseley where it is still dark!
Second day of looking after the Birmingham GC along with D2 and GS - it’s a bit full on if you know what I mean! So many people talking at me it’s “Granny this…Granny that!” and how children do RUN everywhere!
Yesterday involved a lot of driving higher and thither and there’s a bit more today as GS2 has a match against Crystal Palace , but fortunately at home . (He plays for Birmingham City Under 10’s - so no WAGS Mums and Grans, maybe MAGS?)
Anyway I wish you all a pleasant Sunday whatever you are doing and hope the day will be kind to you.

harrigran Sun 10-Oct-21 06:32:05

Good morning from a dry NE
Today I have my booster vaccination but I have a lot to do before I go.
DD and SIL were with me the whole day yesterday but I was still exhausted and I went to bed as soon as they left. Unfortunately there was another music festival yesterday and the very loud music continued until 11pm so sleep was impossible until it finished.
Take care and enjoy your Sunday.

Urmstongran Sun 10-Oct-21 06:30:34

A very early good morning Mick and grandMattie and all who follow from south Manchester. I’ve just given the birds a shake. I’ve been awake since 5am and got up 10 minutes ago as I couldn’t get back off. It’s still another hour until sunrise here at 7:21am - I’ve just looked it up!

Chilli was made by Himself yesterday so an easy Sunday lunch for us today. Himself be picking my stepfather up and they will have a pint and me a wine in the bar downstairs before coming up in the lift to eat. That said it’s apparently the Grand Prix so Himself will want to watch that before setting out!

Mick I loved all the alliteration in your post this morning. All those ‘B’s’! Bicester, Buckingham, breakfast baps, bakery bus ...
??

Enjoy Sunday all who can. x

grandMattie Sun 10-Oct-21 06:10:38

Good morning from a still dark, Misty E Kent.
Had a very reasonable night (for me), and shan’t spend today falling asleep every time I sit down.
We’re going to the early service then watch DD online. She’s preaching today, always a treat for us. She seems to never make a pedestrian sermon- but of course I’m biased!
Roast chicken for dinner. Couldn’t find a small chicken, so it means we shall be eating it in various forms until probably Saturday.
harri, you and your family are ever in my mind. Be kind to yourselves. Ditto *Marydoll”. ❤️
Have a gentle day, carpe diem, love well. ??????

Michael12 Sun 10-Oct-21 06:03:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark start but its dry out there in Brackley , yesterdays bus trips changed mind and never returned to Buckingham , I had a Breakfast Bap at the bakery cafe I go to in Bicester plus a free coffee as well filled me up , so returned on direct bus home .
Mind you saw some friends on bus going into Buckingham , who would not be around to chat to later on if I had returned home that way.
Mind you starting to plan my schedule for next week , so see how it works .
Take Care,
Mick