Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 15th October 2021

(42 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 15-Oct-21 05:58:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here at the moment in Brackley .
Not much planned apart from my usual shop early , a day spent indoors ,and will do my own Fish &Chips in the oven, and plan for tomorrow .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Fri 15-Oct-21 06:06:31

Good morning from E Kent. Am knackered as have been awake for hours.
Had a good Spanish lesson yesterday, though have to admit my head was swimming by the end 😂
We had a lovely surprise last night. Mega cool 17y.o. DGS asked to come for dinner and the night tonight. We are overjoyed 😄 Attaching a picture of my lovely boy in his funeral finery!
Our second 44th WA and DH is taking me out to lunch - this was because of rugby tonight. He’ll have to record it to make the most of DGS…
harrigran, I hope the night was tolerable and that everyone is rallying round. Hope that those with injuries and sadness improve today, and that includes you , Marydoll!
Carpe diem, you lovely people. 🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩❤️☀️❤️☀️🦩🦩🦩🦩

Beechnut Fri 15-Oct-21 06:11:12

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s very dark and dry. Just a few lights on in neighbouring houses and I’ve got my first cuppa.

I’m shopping this morning along with picking up my prescription and a sample bottle for next weeks annual review.

I had a lovely FaceTime with Beechnutella yesterday morning, lots of laughter, she is so quick witted. Last night I did some messaging about ancestors with my sister in law and we plan to get together over it in the New Year. In the meantime I’ll try to find out a bit more.

Have a good day all if you can 🍂🦩

Beechnut Fri 15-Oct-21 06:14:42

He looks very smart grandMattie. Enjoy your anniversary lunch.

Kim19 Fri 15-Oct-21 06:45:41

Morning all! He's a fine looking lad, GM, Thanks for sharing the pic and your lovely goings on. Great. I'm planning a gentle day as I think (hope) the family may descend on me over the weekend. Few bits and pieces of
preparation and a visit to the council tip to free myself of garden waste and thats my day sorted, hopefully. Wish everyone at least one recognisable highlight in their day. Cheers!

Ashcombe Fri 15-Oct-21 06:47:47

Good morning, everyone, from a quiet Torbay.

How lovely to have your DGS to stay overnight, grandMattie! You must feel so proud of him and your handiwork with the waistcoat! Enjoy your lunch! I admire those who can sew. When we had to choose options at school, the choice was between Music, Needlework or Woodwork. The dragon of a Needlework teacher said to me, “It is to be hoped that you have some talent for Music because you have absolutely none for Needlework!” (She was right …. on both counts!)

Take care, everyone, especially harrigran, of whom I think often. 🦩🥰🦩🍾🦩

GrannyGravy13 Fri 15-Oct-21 06:53:16

Morning Mick and all

What a handsome chap your DGS is grandMattie

I have been awake most of the night coughing and wheezing with a chest infection, tried getting a GP appointment yesterday the first one was in four weeks time. I think I shall have to break into my rescue pack (steroids and hardcore penicillin) today.

Keep safe and well folks 🙋‍♀️🦩

kittylester Fri 15-Oct-21 07:04:21

Good morning all from a still dark North Leicestershire. It was really windy overnight but no idea what the weather is like currently.

Our cleaner will be here later and the butcher will be delivering this week's order but that is all the excitement for today. A blessing as yesterday's dementia cafe was exhausting as we had 20 guests and 4 students.

Lovely grandson gm. Love to harri.

Urmstongran Fri 15-Oct-21 07:09:18

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s mild, dry and just getting light. The train to Oxford Road Manchester has just pulled into Platform 1. The carriages are all lit up and I can see a good number of commuters on board. Perhaps people are starting to return to the offices in the city?

I have a GP telephone consultation this morning (their request) to discuss my routine blood test last week. Cholesterol and blood sugar results. I too had a bad night GG13 for different reasons. I hope the GP might agree to examine me later today. I hope your ‘rescue’ pack does the trick and that you feel better over the weekend.

A lovely photo of your grandson grandMattie. It’s nice that he wanted to see you both and stay over tonight.

Enjoy Friday all who can. x

Susan56 Fri 15-Oct-21 07:12:51

Good morning from Shropshire.

We are off to Staffordshire later to collect DGS from his taster day at nursery then look after him for the afternoon.Nice not to have the 4.45 start.Home via North Wales to collect DGD for a sleepover.

GG, is it worth calling 111?DD has had to call them in the past and they have called her surgery to arrange an appointment.

grandMattie, what a lovely boy your grandson is and his waistcoat looks great.

Thinking of harri and her family💐

Have the best day you can everyone🌻🦩

harrigran Fri 15-Oct-21 07:14:00

Good morning from a dry NE after a night of heavy rain.
Not a great night, only asleep an hour when I had to get up with DH but did manage to go back to bed and had five hours sleep.
DS was here all day yesterday and DIL brought GC after school.
It is lovely to see people during the day but the most difficult time is 6pm to 9am.
DD visiting today, hopefully she will sort the shopping.

Sar53 Fri 15-Oct-21 07:21:20

Good morning from Essex by the sea where it is almost light.
We had a lovely meal out last night but I'm not used to rich food and a few drinks and didn't sleep very well.
Sorry to hear you are poorly GG flowers.
Your grandson looks very handsome in that waistcoat GM.
Thinking of Harri flowers.
Enjoy Friday everyone xx

brook2704 Fri 15-Oct-21 07:26:54

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a dry start to the day and quite chilly.
What a gorgeous picture grandMattie you must be so proud of your DGS
We’ve got the DGC here just now, they’re just waking up - DGS will ask for the iPad and DGD will want to watch some tv. Ah well not ideal but they can do that for half an hour whilst I’m getting dressed! Later on we’re off out to Brodie Castle for a run around the woods and the playground and then dropping them back home this afternoon
Thinking of you harri
Hope your chat with the GP goes ok Urms and you get your appointment later
Take care all whatever the day brings 💐

brook2704 Fri 15-Oct-21 07:28:18

Hope you’re feeling better soon *GG13^ 💐

Nannytopsy Fri 15-Oct-21 07:30:05

Good morning Mick and all his followers. It’s grey and still in Suffolk this morning. We have to take one car in for repair today - a new timing belt - then await a plumber. Yesterday saw water dripping through the kitchen ceiling from a joint which had suddenly started to leak.
A broken night - 3 visits to the loo and vivid dreams about the vile Donald Trump of all people!
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Marydoll Fri 15-Oct-21 07:41:33

Good morning all, from a still dark Glasgow., but we had a beautiful atmospheric sky earlier.

GM, you are indeed a very talented lady! Enjoy your lunch! As I have gotten older, I find I much prefer lunch dates, rather than dinner dates! Enjoy.

I too am another one who has had a bad night. I couldn't sleep and I wasn't sure if I was having another heart episode or not at one point. It did pass, but everything does seem worse during the night!

Nothing much planned today. I need to go to the supermarket, as I haven’t been all week and my terrible dilemma is whether to go to LIDL or Sainsbury’s! DH is golfing, so I shall need to manage on my own.
I am off to look out my supports for my ankles before I go out, I haven't needed them all summer, but the change in weather seems to be affecting me and they are very painful today.
Two ankles, looking like a shop window dummy's legs, is not a good look for someone, who likes to look chic! They really should make them in colours to match my outfit! 😁

We had a lovely visit from DD and SIL last night, laden with pressies from their visit to Islay. They are embarrasingly generous. DH got a bottle of whisky from one of the distillieries and among my pressies was a beautiful choker, featuring Harris tweed.
DD also managed to secure a bottle of DH's favourite Bruichladdich whisky, for me to hide for his Christmas, at a great saving of £20!

GrannyGravy, please do not leave things. If you need to break into your rescue pack, that requires an urgent appointment, as anyone on steroids needs to be monitored, (Says one, who also has a rescue pack and speaks from experience) If your GP cannot help, phone 111, they will contact your GP's surgery. Take care!
Urmston, I hope you manage to see someone too.

Special thoughts and prayers for Harri and her family* and I hope Blossoming is on the mend.
Have a good day folks.

cornergran Fri 15-Oct-21 07:45:00

Morning Mick, Morning All. Our corner of Somerset looks dry, quite mild I think.

Admin for me this morning, Mr C will iron the bedding then off for physio at lunch time. May stop at the garden centre for a cuppa on the way home, see how physio goes. It should be for my knee, I’ll also ask for some input on my very uncomfortable shoulder and upper arm. Waiting for the outcome of our granddaughters PCR test. Always something for sure.

You do sound very unwell grannyg, as susan advised why not try 111, it does sound as if a GP appointment is warranted. Good luck with your phone call urms, try not to worry. Your grandson is a handsome young man grandMattie, enjoy his company. Thinking of you harri, the nights must be more than difficult.

Take care everyone. Hope Friday is gentle with us all

baubles Fri 15-Oct-21 07:45:57

Good morning Mick, morning all from dry Northumberland.

What a handsome lad gMattie, enjoy your time with home and also your anniversary lunch.

I’m sorry I missed that it was yours yesterday harri. thanks

Our last full day here and DD and family are going to visit yet another castle, Alnwick this time but dogs aren’t allowed so DH, little pooch and I will have a wander about, it’s quite a few years since we were last there.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 15-Oct-21 07:46:27

Good morning all. It’s a brightish start in East Yorkshire and quite mild.

Yesterday I had a good catch up with DIL. Then I had a walk into the village and had a mooch in one of our charity shops where everything is £1 ! I found 2 tops so came home and washed them. One I might wear today. I’m meeting my friend for lunch. Another catch! We will chat about our plans for trips out, holidays and all things Strictly.

I have to do a food shop before that. I am seriously thinking of going back to doing it online especially in the busy weeks ahead.

*Grandmattie^ what a dapper young man you have there. Enjoy lunch today.

* harri* would it be possible for family to do an overnight on occasions. Thinking of you.

Hope you feel better soon GG
Take care everyone.

Gingster Fri 15-Oct-21 07:47:58

Good morning and it’s still quite dark here in Essex.

Sorry to hear you are poorly, GG and Urms. There is a really bad cold going around everywhere, it seems. Get well soon. 💐

granMattie what a great pic of your lovely boy. 🥰.

This morning I have my book club meeting. I enjoyed the book, so will enjoy hearing what others thought about it. 🤔.
Then off to lunch with our Friday friends. We all used to meet on Friday evenings but now have a lunchtime gathering. We have been meeting up for 50 years plus - the last 30 in the same country pub, with the same landlady who is now 87. Still as sprightly as ever . 🍷🍻🍹. The menfolk are all old school friends and us gals joined in the gang along the way. All having our golden weddings in the next couple of years. No friends like ‘old’ friends. ❤️.

Wishing you all a GOOD DAY.
🍁🍂🌻🌾

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 15-Oct-21 07:58:47

Good morning from a wet and gloomy Oxfordshire, we had a great weekend on the IOW, but now we both have the flu and from what I hear on the grapevine, others in our party are also unwell, lateral flow test was negative though. It’s the first time we’ve been away with friends for 18 months and now we are ill…..but we did have a good time.
GM lovely photo of your GS you must be very proud, I made a waistcoat once, I had to do it in an evening and it didn’t hang right, although no one else noticed, it was for a guitarist so it was covered up!
Urms hope you get bette soon, I’m always wary of using my emergency Steroids. Harrigran all good wishes to you.
Hugs for all those who aren’t so chipper today, and good wishes for others who have something planned.
I’m going back to bed!

NanKate Fri 15-Oct-21 08:04:47

Morning Mick and All.

Calm cool day in South Bucks.

What a handsome lad grandMattie 👍 What a great waistcoat.

gg13 get that pack open pdq. Agree that a call to 111 a good idea.

Harri thinking of you and your family 💐

I have some good news we WON 40p on the Euromillions for matching 2 numbers.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 15-Oct-21 08:07:14

Thank you for your kind wishes, DD is waiting outside GP surgery at this very moment to try and get an appointment for me.

Urmstongran hope your phone appointment goes well 💐

Greyduster Fri 15-Oct-21 08:13:55

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire - and we both slept through the night. Bonus! We have to make a brief trip out today but other than that, it is an in day of tidying and tackling a pile of ironing for me.
Have the best day you can folks.

Grandmajean Fri 15-Oct-21 08:21:38

Hope yo get your appointment GrannyGravy
Handsome boy and waistcoat GrandMattie
Some worries this morning on the thread. Wishing you all as good a day as possible from Cheshire.