Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 18th October 2021

(83 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 18-Oct-21 06:00:55

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside this morning in brackley , today a day to do laundry after breakfast
And then a general clean up of things .
My usual plan for the week also .
Take Care,
Mick

GrannySomerset Mon 18-Oct-21 11:26:26

GP has visited, diagnosed a chest infection and prescribed antibiotics. Even better, he has put us on the district nurse list so some help may be forthcoming, though probably not today. It feels like progress.

dustyangel Mon 18-Oct-21 11:51:20

I’m so glad that you have seen the GP GrannySomerset the antibiotics will make all the difference and I’m sure that once the district nurse is involved you will get some help.

There is a system here similar to district nurses but from what I can understand it seems even more difficult to access than in England.

Apart from that good morning to you all. It’s bright and sunny with a few wispy clouds at the moment and at 23°C it is supposed to get warmer later. I’d better get the washing out before the physio arrives.

harrigran Mon 18-Oct-21 11:51:35

Good morning from the NE.
I had the night from hell. DH managed to get out of bed and get down the stairs, I rang for my BIL but we couldn't get him up, called an ambulance and they managed to get him into bed.
I have had every conceivable support teams visit and on the phone this morning. We are thinking of moving DH to a nursing home but to do so SS had to ask the permission of DH himself. As sick as he is he told the lady on the phone that it was too much for me and he agreed.
This is possibly the worst day of my life.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 18-Oct-21 11:55:05

harrigran I am so sorry, your DH needs increasing care and nursing if this is carried out in a nursing home it will enable you to resume being his dear wife, to sit with him and chat without worrying how you are going to cope in the coming days (((hugs)))

Blossoming Mon 18-Oct-21 12:09:53

harrigran so sorry it has come to this. It is never an easy decision but you both realise that you are no longer able to give him the increased care that he needs. Sending love and strength flowers

Susan56 Mon 18-Oct-21 12:10:42

I’m so sorry that you have had such a dreadful night harri.Thinking of you and wishing you strength for the days ahead and the difficult decisions you have to make.

Marydoll Mon 18-Oct-21 12:13:43

Harri , I'm so sorry.?

Jaxjacky Mon 18-Oct-21 12:26:33

Very sad harrigran and so hard for you both, in my thoughts.

Grandmajean Mon 18-Oct-21 12:48:03

Very very difficult time for you harrigran but nursing home care would give you more time and energy for just being with your DH

aggie Mon 18-Oct-21 12:53:35

That is such a hard decision Harrigran but your husband needs the care and you can be his wife , not running ragged as his carer ! How brave of him to agree xxx

ginny Mon 18-Oct-21 12:58:04

Such a difficult time for you both. ?

Pittcity Mon 18-Oct-21 13:07:09

Sending hugs to Harrigran flowers

grandMattie Mon 18-Oct-21 13:38:37

Oh, harrigran, what a dreadful decision to have to take, however rational. My heart goes out to you. You are all certainly in our prayers this end. Much love ? ❤️

Grandmadinosaur Mon 18-Oct-21 13:55:15

So sorry that’s it’s come to this harrigran. A difficult decision to make but I hope the right one for both of you.

brook2704 Mon 18-Oct-21 14:04:10

Oh harrigran my heart goes out to you, what a difficult decision to make and you must be feeling so sad and upset
Sending you much love and support ❤️

EkwaNimitee Mon 18-Oct-21 14:08:38

harrigran I'm so sorry your DH will leave the home you have together but it seems the right decision. It's become an increasing struggle for you and you need to keep going. I hope you both have more companionable times together now.

Dogsmakemesmile Mon 18-Oct-21 15:16:27

Dear Harrigran. My heart goes out to you. On paper (and in time) it is the right decision but will feel all wrong. Is there anyone around to support you? As others have said, you should be able to visit and be his partner again rather than nurse. You have done an amazing job. You could not have done more.

GrannySomerset Mon 18-Oct-21 15:28:27

Dear harrigran, so hard for you but once twenty-four hour care is necessary there really isn’t a choice - no one person can do it all, as I am finding out. Hope the right place is available so you can share the load.

kittylester Mon 18-Oct-21 15:55:23

Harri, I am sad that it has come to this but relieved for you. You can now go back to being a wife. And, what a lovely thing for your DH to do for you.

ixion Mon 18-Oct-21 16:30:18

?For Harrigran at this sad and difficult time

BlueSapphire Mon 18-Oct-21 16:44:32

Very sad news harri, but it is for the best, and a blessing in disguise. In time you would have worn yourself out caring for him, and that would be of no help to either of you. Time for you now to make some more happy memories with your dear DH. flowersflowers

PollyTickle Mon 18-Oct-21 16:47:38

flowers Harrigran

luluaugust Mon 18-Oct-21 16:52:26

Harrigran thinking of you flowers

NanKate Mon 18-Oct-21 17:14:24

Harrigran ?

Justwidowed Mon 18-Oct-21 17:18:32

Harrigran,how brave he is thinking of you when he is so ill.thanks