Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 18th October 2021

(83 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 18-Oct-21 06:00:55

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside this morning in brackley , today a day to do laundry after breakfast
And then a general clean up of things .
My usual plan for the week also .
Take Care,
Mick

Susan56 Mon 18-Oct-21 07:48:12

Good morning from Shropshire.

Not sure what we are doing today.Had a (very) early call from DD to say DGS is unwell so SIL is hoping to stay at home to look after him.We will know at 8 whether he can have the day off work or if we have to drive over to Stafford.

Lovely photos Gwen.We are so undecided where to go for a break next year.The lovely photos from Northumberland and now Yorkshire are not making our decision any easier!

Thoughts are with GrandmaSomerset, harri and all with struggles??

Jaxjacky Mon 18-Oct-21 07:49:11

My daughter just sent me this from 20 minutes ago…

Gingster Mon 18-Oct-21 07:50:51

Good morning all and we’ve just had the most glorious sunrise, here in Essex.

We washed, sanded and put a coat of restorer on our composite front door yesterday and soaked the brass knocker and letterbox in baking soda, vinegar and lemon juice and scrubbed them . What a transformation. , I’m soooo pleased with it. Hopefully it will ,last a while. ?. Thanks to all DIYers for their advice.

Today I will be dog walking with my pal and her little pooch. Hope it’s not too muddy. We’ll come back here for a coffee and a chat with DH. He doesn’t ‘like’ many people, but he likes her. ??. ?.

I’m glad Ash and GG are beginning to feel better. I know so many people who are poorly at the moment.

I hope Grandmadinasour has a lovely day in London. What a shame your friend had to pull out. ?

Lovely pics gwenisgreat. ? thanks for sharing those beautiful views.

Neen enjoy your wander around the quay at Beccles. We often go for a wander there. It’s lovely . ?

Hoping you all have a GOOD day , what ever it brings. ????

baubles Mon 18-Oct-21 08:01:52

Good morning Mick, morning all from cloudy South Lanarkshire.

I hope your labyrinthitis has settled down Ash and that you sleep better tonight.

Because I’ve been procrastinating as usual and have had more than one reminder, yesterday I knuckled down to complete two online training sessions for my volunteer role. One was manual handling, which I could have completed in my sleep having been responsible for health and safety in my previous work life. The other was safeguarding which was interesting but as it was written mainly for people working in care or health environments I felt was a bit over the top for a volunteer in a charity shop.

No plans today so I’ll see what the day brings. Wishing everyone a peaceful one. ??

NannyJan53 Mon 18-Oct-21 08:02:34

Good morning from a very dull Black Country. Where it is still fairly warm.

Had an enjoyable Saturday evening taking 2 DGD's out for a meal whilst Mum and Dad went out. They were looking at pics on my phone, and saw a little video clip of a gig we went to. 10 year old said " you are 60 and go to gigs??" in a most incredulous voice smile

Had ordered Mum an Ancestry DNA kit, so yesterday we did that. Could be interesting to see the results, as she knows nothing about her Fathers family, about from his name.

u3a canal group meeting today, involving a train trip to Wolverhampton. Hope the predicted rain isn't too heavy!

I hope your symptoms are easing Ashcombe flowers

Have a good day everyone.

ginny Mon 18-Oct-21 08:05:27

Good morning, it is rather grey but dry outside.
A bit of housework this morning, laundry etc.
This afternoon I have a lady from WI coming to talk about projects for the new craft group. We are going to make small Christmas items for local charities.
Warm thoughts for all who need cheering or healing.

AGAA4 Mon 18-Oct-21 08:09:46

Good morning everyone from a cloudy North Wales. I will get myself off the sofa soon to go for my morning walk. My hip was stiff and sore yesterday and I didn't get much sympathy from my friend who said what can I expect at my age!
Later I will be sorting out my overnight trip to the Peak District.
Hoping all who didn't get much sleep have a better night tonight.

Stilllearning Mon 18-Oct-21 08:30:40

Another good morning from S Lanarkshire. My flu/ covid jabs today and then into Giffnock to stay overnight. I got mixed up (in spite of being told several times) and the children don’t actually go back to school till tomorrow but I’m going anyway and will meet the new kitten which DGD has got for her birthday on Saturday. She absolutely loves cats, I hope the two already in residence are equally pleased!

Hope all goes well with your scan Urmston and that everyone else has a good day with all plumbers, electricians etc turning up and fixing everything that needs fixed!???

Pittcity Mon 18-Oct-21 08:36:31

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Rain forecast later.
I'm tackling the skirting boards in the kitchen diner as I've got an empty this morning. It'll be easier without male supervisionwink
Must pop out for bread and milk before the rain starts.
Love to all ? x

Grandmajean Mon 18-Oct-21 08:41:07

Good morning from dull Cheshire.
Beautiful pictures Gwenisgreat and Jaxjackie
Internet back after a big fuss late last night when most of the village was off and the complaints flooded in. It worked ! Supposed to be off unti Thursday but now back on.
Hope the day brings some sunshine to those in need of it.

Dogsmakemesmile Mon 18-Oct-21 09:05:33

Grey but dry in the Scottish Borders. Seems a sombre mood over the UK too. Good morning everyone. Ash I hope you feel better soon. It's a grim thing to have.
Admin and cleaning today. Phone calls to make. Have spoken so little on the phone I think I will write out a script. Just simple appointment making but worried I'll ramble.
Going to tackle the tasks I said I would do yesterday now. My best wishes to all. Noted that someone felt the thread was dwindling away. I hope not.

Anniebach Mon 18-Oct-21 09:07:18

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Greyduster Mon 18-Oct-21 09:16:52

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a uniformally grey South Yorkshire, but it’s dry at the moment. We have another day of isolating before DH’s procedure tomorrow. We so missed seeing the family this weekend, and I felt rather low but phone calls and face time helped. A gentle day today.
Corner fingers crossed for the GD on her DofE walk.
Gwen lovely to see your photos - Filey Brigg has always been one of our favourite places for rockpooling (with or without the youngsters in attendance!) and bird watching.
Have a good day folks.

aggie Mon 18-Oct-21 09:30:45

Good Morning Everyone, it’s raining here but not cold , we are doing a grocery shop today . DD takes me and did suggest leaving it till next week ?
I walked up to the Chapel yesterday afternoon to light a few candles while DD tidy the flowers on Jim’s grave .
One of my friends was inside and we had a natter after our prayers , he showed me a pic of his knee brace , must say I was glad he didn’t offer a view of the real thing !
Later we trotted up the lane to sort out a neighbours new broadband , she was on the phone from abroad giving us directions ! Not an ideal scenario ,. I concluded it wasn’t switched on so we packed everything away and left
I did sleep in this Morning!

EkwaNimitee Mon 18-Oct-21 09:43:52

Good Morning Mick and everyone from grey damp Carlisle.
It's the sixth day of road making outside and probably the last. They all rolled up at 8am but the neighbours are mostly off to work by then. For me it's a housework and admin day plus a phone appointment with the Doc this afternoon concerning further action, if any, re my daily headaches. They aren't daily any longer having gone back to being intermittent. I'm now wondering if they weren't greatly exacerbated by my new furniture much of which was giving off a gluey sort of smell. I eventually had a campaign of leaving all the doors and drawers open all day for days along with the windows. Now the smell has largely gone.
I managed to find a dry weather window yesterday afternoon and planted a shrub and bulbs, the crocuses already sprouting, and removed a little more turf.
Wishing you all a positive day with improvements for the sleep deprived and poorly.

Gelisajams Mon 18-Oct-21 09:49:41

Good morning from a wet Morecambe Bay. We’ve been away for a few days in the camper with no internet. I’ve decided I will take a longer break from GN as it forced me to break my addiction. I will continue to think of all with problems and may catch up occasionally.
Before I go, I finished my crocheted blanket which I’ve been doing forever so I have attached a picture.
Take care everyone and stay safe ?

Nannytopsy Mon 18-Oct-21 09:52:29

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Still in bed with coffee after a very broken night. It’s grey and still here in Suffolk. I had hoped to start tidying the front garden today but I have earache and a sore throat. Older GS tested positive for Covid yesterday and on Thursday I was at a meeting with someone who coughed constantly.
I am hoping against hope that I haven’t caught anything as we have a hotel booked for a couple of days away with friends from Thursday.
I received an email last night for a reference for an ex colleague, to be returned by today. Not a very efficient interview process. Shirty email? Or just rise above it?
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

hollysteers Mon 18-Oct-21 09:55:51

Good morning Mick ad all from a dull Lancashire coast.
Out to lunch today with old friend but would really prefer to stay home as have taken on a lot one way and another recently. Going to plonk the same outfit (suitable) I had on yesterday and the day before but I have had a shower! I’m picking him up and rather ashamed of the inside of my car, needs a clean, but blow it.
Out to an indifferent lunch yesterday with another close friend. The napkins consist of a kitchen roll on a small wooden stand in each table? My friend’s gammon was tough but my roast beef was ok. I spotted the plumber who fitted my new boiler and new bathroom but no hellos. I wasn’t happy with his work and won’t use him again.
Thinking of all with troubles.

NanKate Mon 18-Oct-21 09:59:43

Morning Mick and All.

Thank you Marydoll had a lovely day with the boys. They all decided to play football at Polesden Lacey. My eldest DGS 10 asked me if I had any gloves for him to play in. Of course I took off my gloves and gave them to him. An hour later I got them back all hot and sweaty ?

Mapleleaf Mon 18-Oct-21 10:03:42

Good morning

It’s a very grey, miserable day here, as greyduster reports. Not a sign of the sun yet.

You are clever, Gelisajams - your blanket looks lovely. I hope you decide to pop in every so often.

Hope you all have a decent day.

brook2704 Mon 18-Oct-21 10:21:35

Beautiful blanket Gelisa it looks like it’s taken a lot of work but well worth it
Hopefully you’ll come back to GN from time to time and let us know how you’re doing
Take care and I hope you have lots more happy adventures in the Camper! ?

hollysteers Mon 18-Oct-21 10:38:27

Fab blanket Gelisajams?

hollysteers Mon 18-Oct-21 10:38:41

Fab blanket Gelisajams?

Grandmajean Mon 18-Oct-21 10:41:55

Lovely piece of work Gelisajams -take care.

Blossoming Mon 18-Oct-21 11:06:34

Good morning all from a cold and rainy Lancashire. I’m testing out my new JL Anyday thermal layers today! I had a good night, foot is on the mend but I’m still having to be careful. I can now move my toes, though the big one hurts when moved, or touched. Mr. M is having to brave the rain to collect his prescription. Fortunately it isn’t far. Not a lot on the agenda for today. I will sort the laundry and make a start, no chance of line drying anytime soon.

Thinking of GrannySomerset, Harrisgran and all with troubles. Hope your day improves Marydoll.

Have the best day possible, and may we all find a little joy today ??