Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 23rd October 2021

(44 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 23-Oct-21 06:37:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark and dry start here in brackley this morning, plans or today are bus to Buckingham and then Bicester returning direct home as my sister will visiting later .
Yesterdays trip was interesting, I was walking back towards getting bus home down this small alley way in Bicester ,and a well known person was waking towards me it was Bargain Hunt/Antiques road trip presenter etc, Charlie Ross , who was shopping as he lives local .
Take Care,
Mick

maydonoz Sat 23-Oct-21 12:38:40

Was just catching up with earlier posts and wanted to send warm wishes to Harrigran, hopefully you are now getting the support and help you needed in the care of your DH, maybe you can get some well deserved rest and peace of mind.

Blossoming Sat 23-Oct-21 11:09:40

Grandmattie I usually have a reaction to the ‘flu jab, but had mine last Wednesday and was fine. Hope you, and ther Grans, have a similar experience.

Aldom Sat 23-Oct-21 11:02:46

Mick I wish you a very happy time with your sister.

Blossoming Sat 23-Oct-21 11:02:32

Good morning Mick and all from chilly and cloudy Lancashire. I need to catch up on a little housework but no other plans for today. My battered foot is much better, but I did quite a bit of walking yesterday and it’s letting me know it’s still recovering. Urmstongran that recipe looks delicious! I must ask Mr. B to get some liver when he goes to the butcher next week.

Happy Golden Wedding Anniversary to NanKate and husband, have a fabulous weekend.

Hope everyone finds a ?or two today.

Grammaretto Sat 23-Oct-21 10:51:11

Good Morning all from the Scottish Borders. Not too cold today.

Happy anniversary NanKate for the actual day and wishing you many more. My in-laws managed 76 happy years.
they were teenagers!
I hope greyduster has her DH home soon.
Harrigran flowers

I hope to see the smallest DGC at some stage today.

Have a good day everyone.

Megs36 Sat 23-Oct-21 10:47:17

Gd morning all, just adding to the list of missing posters, has anyone had news of Rufus2 , I believe Melbourne is ‘out of lockdown’ after many months.
A peaceful weekend everyone, take care.

maydonoz Sat 23-Oct-21 10:14:08

Good morning all, it's a dull but dry at the moment day here in central Herts.
With DH we're trying to fix a slight leak in the bathroom sink which involves opening a nut on the pipe which doesn't want to move, it's probably been there for many years!
We're taking a break at the moment while hopefully WD forty does its work!
That's the main project for today, apart from a prescription to be collected in the afternoon.
Wishing you all a relaxing, pleasant weekend whatever is happening for you.

hollysteers Sat 23-Oct-21 10:02:07

Good morning Mick and all from a dull Lancashire coast. Didn’t like the wind yesterday or the edge on it.
A day at home thank goodness, will have a tidy round and make some phone calls. We have enough songs for a tv series by our little group,so it needs chopping back. Too many cooks I fear.
I told my son I was going on a little coach trip called “Autumn Tints” “Called what?” he said, mishearing me, “Autumn T*ts”?? Naughty.
The cat finished off the Felix in a flash, I had been using up my emergency supply, which when I dished up, she ran off in disgust.
Just started Graham Greene “Travels with my Aunt”, seems good. It was a Bookgroup choice, but they are still zoom meeting which I don’t fancy.
Hope you all have a nice weekend and thoughts to harrigran in her sadness.

hulahoop Sat 23-Oct-21 09:58:11

Best wishes on your anniversary Nankate we are going for our booster today .
Harrigran hope you have had some rest ?

EkwaNimitee Sat 23-Oct-21 09:44:27

Good morning Mick and to all from a lightly grey Carlisle.
It's turned colder this week and I do feel it especially as I've lost a warming layer of fat. I've just been checking over my store of thermals. Oh for the winters I used to spend in Spain!
Not much planned for today but I'll probably sort out more bits and bobs to get rid of somehow. Also will continue to scan in more albums of DH's photos. My Mac is showing signs of protest at the amount of work it's having to do. Theoretically, it's in computer old age and will probably need replacing when the next big OS gets released.
A very happy Golden to you, NanKate and to your DH. It sounds as though you've started the day well.
I too notice the missing posters, the thread is noticeably shorter than it was last Spring. I hope they are all OK.
Wishing you all a good Saturday.

aggie Sat 23-Oct-21 09:41:31

Good morning everyone, it was so bright earlier with a pearly pink sky but the wind has wakened and brought a chill with it !
I was kept awake till after 1 am by noise on the street , there seemed to be hundreds of teens roaring up and down , kicking the odd lamppost and falling down in gales of laughter , it was all good humoured but noisy ,
DD is out now clearing some of the litter ,
I’m too bleary eyed to help

Jaxjacky Sat 23-Oct-21 09:03:31

Good morning all from a grey S Hants. Bed at 9:30 last night, woke up at 6:57, got up at 8:10 I feel very rested.
kitty MrJ is a tiler, he likes to start at 8!
I hope your hospital bed is now in situ GrannySomerset and that your DH understands the benefits for yourself.
I too miss those absent, including the crumpet start to the day.
Not much on here, a clematis to plant, newspaper day, football to keep an eye on for our pub Super6 league.*BlueSapphire*, we both need lucky socks for the teams we each support.
DD’s car passed the overdue MOT, phew as she and GC’s are off to Hastings for half term, we’ll be joining them for a couple of days.
Enjoy your Saturday all ???

Greyduster Sat 23-Oct-21 08:59:26

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Mick I hope you have a happy day with your sister! It’s brightening a bit in South Yorkshire but I don’t suppose we’ll see much of the sun. DS is coming down to spend the day with me and will take me over to the hospital to see DH, who we hope will be discharged tomorrow. GS is running for his club in a cross country today so I hope it stays dry.
I wish you all a happy Saturday.
My thoughts are with * Harri* and her family.

Ashcombe Sat 23-Oct-21 08:48:15

Good morning, everyone, from an overcast Torbay.

We made a last minute decision to go to an amateur production of The Ghost Train last night and came away feeling inspired after a superb performance of a very good play, written in 1923 by Arnold Ridley of Dad's Army fame.

It sounds like there are lots of family plans for the weekend which is always a joy. Enjoy every moment of your celebration, NanKate! Much reminiscing, no doubt!

Have as good a weekend as you can and special thoughts with harrigran. ?????

Kim19 Sat 23-Oct-21 08:46:59

Morning all! Had a day of crazily mixed emotions yesterday. Started off beautifully with the family still here in residence then on to a lovely lunch (Coltmans Grammaretto!) with an ex colleague and then on for a collective coffee with the family before they set off for home. A bit deflated at the sudden return to silence at home but there is a degree of ' in recovery' if I am completely honest. Can only cope with the joyful chaos for so long! Semi sleepy in the chair when an email from another ex colleague arrived. This was one who had disappeared suddenly and unexpectedly from my radar a few years ago. Joy! She filled me in a little on her difficulties but the terrific news is that we are meeting up in London in December. I've never arranged a trip so quickly in my life. Amazing! Still can't quite believe how we managed it. She is flying in from France and I'm training southwards. As someone on here suggested earlier..... we've carpa diemed! It further confirms the concept of what a difference a day makes. I wish the best of days to all on here and I will continue in my floaty disbelief until reality catches up with me again. Onwards.......!

Gingster Sat 23-Oct-21 08:33:56

Good morning all and it’s warmer and bright here on the Suffolk coast. The sky is amazing over the sea. We had rainbows yesterday afternoon and the colours were so bright. I walked little pooch along the beach about 4.30 and a couple of ladies were walking towards me with the rainbows behind them. ‘ I couldn’t resist telling them ‘ look behind you’ . They both went ‘WOW’. We stood and chatted for a few moments in awe of the beauty of nature. Like you Urms we need to ‘look ‘ more and appreciate this beautiful world. ??.

Safe journey Sar . I too hate the M25, even as a passenger. ?.
Enjoy the show.

That Liver and bacon sounds delish Urms. I haven’t done liver for a while and we do enjoy it.

We are still waiting to hear if DS and family 1 are coming to stay on Monday for a few days. Covid is rife in the school, so the girls are regularly taking tests. I need to know by tomorrow as we have to shop and change beds, ready for them. I don’t want to end up like Kitty and have a fridge full of food just for the two of us. ??????????????.

grandmafrench also missing. Alizarine is the Cornish lady.

Wishing you all an easy, pleasant day. ????

dragonfly46 Sat 23-Oct-21 08:33:29

Good morning from, as kitty says cloudy Leicestershire.

I slept 12 hours last night - I wonder if the booster jab made me so tired.

That cold is dreadful Marydoll. My DH has been in bed since Wednesday* apart from me dragging him out for a Covid test of course.

Going to the memorial of a friend this afternoon.

Talking of missing friends. I also miss Bellasnanna in Malta. To all those still reading but not posting I send best wishes and of course hugs to Harrigran.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 23-Oct-21 08:25:36

Morning Mick and all

Safe journey Sar53

Happy Anniversary NanKate ??

I have no idea what today will bring hopefully a lazy one.

It would be lovely to hear from our missing GM friends.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Georgesgran Sat 23-Oct-21 08:25:01

Good morning from Durham - looks grey and dull. Have had a boring week because I’ve a warning light on in my car, the garage can’t see it until Tuesday, so I’ve been almost ‘housebound’, but all admin up to date and several jobs booked for later in the year.
It’s been a sad week on the GM thread. Like other GN’s, I hope Harri is being supported by family and friends.

Pittcity Sat 23-Oct-21 08:20:36

Good morning from sunny Colchester where the sky is dark blue at the front and light at the back. A dry day is forecast so the washing is on to be hung out.
No plans this weekend but DH will be planning for a busy week. He took on a 3 hour a week job with youngsters after retirement and it has grown so that he is busy during school holidays assessing for the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
DS is home so we will have steak and chips for tea.

Happy Golden Anniversary to Mr and Mrs Nankate ??

Sending love to all x

ginny Sat 23-Oct-21 08:13:31

Good morning, dull and damp here in N. Bucks too.
Had a lovely day yesterday with 5 yr old DGS.
A quiet weekend for us, nothing in particular planned. Usually something turns up but plenty of bits and bobs to do and always happy to spend time on crafts.
Wishing all a smile along the way.

Grandmajean Sat 23-Oct-21 08:13:16

"Posts?" Where did that come from ?
"Tubs" of course.

Anniebach Sat 23-Oct-21 08:12:23

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Grandmajean Sat 23-Oct-21 08:11:44

Good morning from Cheshire.
Just about light, now. Summer seems a long time ago.
Need to brighten up the garden a bit with a few posts. The ones we had in the summer are now planted with Spring bulbs so nothing to look out at. A little trip to the garden centre methinks.
Thinking of harrigran and all with worries.

Marydoll Sat 23-Oct-21 08:10:57

Good morning Mick and all from all from a damp Glasgow. Enjoy your sister's visit today, Mick.

Happy actual wedding anniversary, you sound as if you are having a lovely time, Kate.

We had a surprise visit from DD yesterday afternoon, but no SIL. He has this vicious cold virus, which is going about and has been in bed for days.
We haven't seen much of DD as they have had to go into work and despite having to frequently test, they want to keep us safe, as I'm so vulnerable. I have missed her and I do love a hug , but my children won't do them for the present, in case I catch anything. ?
DD brought me an enormous bag of sea glass from Islay, so I now have a teal vase full of sea glass, with lights inside. I'm quite pleased with myself! ?

Hopefully, DS2 will appear today. He has been headhunted for a new job, working from home, no stressful, daily commute to Edinburgh and a large salary increase. I'm so pleased for him.
He is like his father, the original quiet man. I shall have to get my torture instruments out, to get any information from him about the plans for his forthcoming wedding!

Granmattie, good luck with your 'flu inoculation and hopefully no side effects.

Beechnut, I always fancied a customised tissue box to match my decor, is it the one where you use tissue paper to decoupage?

Thinking of all, who are struggling, hoping Harri is finding strength in the arms of her family and Greyduster's husband is on the mend.

Have a pleasant Saturday, whatever your plans.