Gransnet forums

Chat

What gets you up in the morning?

(110 Posts)
Sago Thu 11-Nov-21 10:29:07

This morning my 7 year old granddaughter was up and dressed in record time as her first pony arrived yesterday!
She was out feeding her first thing without my daughter having to go through the usual nagging and coaxing.

While all this was going on I was over a 100 miles away drinking tea and reading the papers online….. no hurry for me today!

I only get going quickly if I have to, mornings are deliciously slow for me at the moment!

What gets you up and at them?

Humduh Mon 15-Nov-21 01:32:15

I am so so clumsy when I am tired so I tried to stay in bed until I know I will not be the cause of an accident unless I have a commitment

Jaibee007 Sun 14-Nov-21 23:16:05

Also my cat, hitting me until I get up and feed him - paw across my face ?good job i love him ???

BlueBalou Sun 14-Nov-21 11:22:13

This 10 month old bundle of mischief!

lemsip Sun 14-Nov-21 08:48:14

Wake very early, 5.30am. Have to get up cause .mind is chewing over the past..... Get showered then cup of strong tea.

nadateturbe Sun 14-Nov-21 08:26:02

magshard20

The noisy kids going to the academy over the road from our house, followed half an hour later by the primary school kids being dropped off by parents parking outside our house for their school on the other corner......its lovely and peaceful when it's school holidays .......!!

And the roar of the cars!

M0nica Sun 14-Nov-21 08:20:41

The central heating in winter. My body automatically knows that the first purr of the haeting pump means it is 6.00am. In the summer, the light, despite lined curtains, anytime after 4.30. Ithen resulutely shut my eyes and turn over and try to go back to sleep until 6.00am.

Grandma70s Sun 14-Nov-21 07:45:56

Tea!

Tamayra Sun 14-Nov-21 07:21:51

I don’t get up in cold weather unless I have a work commitment
My house is too cold.
I so miss the central heating I had in England Australian houses are mainly built for the Summer months

Jackiest Sat 13-Nov-21 08:34:04

A good strong latte macchiato.

Naninka Sat 13-Nov-21 08:14:20

Ex-dancer: sorry to hear about your pain. I have arthritis but don't have pain if I swim 3 or 4 times a week. Have you considered that as an option?

Naninka Sat 13-Nov-21 08:12:32

Swimming! I'm in the pool by 7.30am. However, on weekends we take it slow and on a Thursday, I have to pick my grandson up at 8am (no swim that day).
Hubby still works (from home) so if I wasn't up to go swimming, I'm sure I'd be up making him a coffee.

Mares Sat 13-Nov-21 03:27:18

My bladder as always and then thinking of how to enjoy my day ahead. I will be retiring soon so need to find good things to do then.

Rosina Fri 12-Nov-21 22:24:01

Yogitree your lovely dog looks just like my dear old darling who died a year ago - if only I had her to wake me now; the chin on the bed, the the wet nose on my face, and opening my eyes to see her lovely brown eyes gazing at me, tail wagging - who could stay in bed and make her wait for breakfast? Not me!

magshard20 Fri 12-Nov-21 21:53:26

The noisy kids going to the academy over the road from our house, followed half an hour later by the primary school kids being dropped off by parents parking outside our house for their school on the other corner......its lovely and peaceful when it's school holidays .......!!

CanadianGran Fri 12-Nov-21 20:46:09

I am still a slave to the alarm clock. It rings at 5:50, and I hit the snooze button once, to get up 5 minutes later. Those few minutes are divine...so lovely to stretch in a comfy bed with a thick down comforter. My little aussie shepherd puts her feet up and sticks her nose in for a little cuddle, forcing my eyes open. DH stays in bed about 20 minutes longer than I do, since he is retired.

Weekends I generally still wake early, but roll over and fall back asleep until around 08:30. Leisurely breakfast with a coffee and home magazine for 20 minutes before getting busy.

My thoughts to those with pain or caregiving obligations. flowers

Gingster Fri 12-Nov-21 19:35:59

My little pooch. As soon as Im drifting out of sleep I hear her little bark. I swear she’s so in tune with me, she knows when I’m awake

Dancinggran Fri 12-Nov-21 19:27:48

Work!!

icanhandthemback Fri 12-Nov-21 19:03:40

My mother...still! Nowadays I have to get up to go and get her up. She doesn't want to leave her bed despite it being saturated with urine and I often tell her that it's Karma for all the times she made us get up as teenagers when the rest of our friends were allowed to stay in bed.

humptydumpty Fri 12-Nov-21 19:00:32

The loo, then a nice cup of tea with the puzzles from the previous day's Times - can't beat it!

Gin Fri 12-Nov-21 18:58:21

Usually awake by seven if not earlier, loo, cup of tea brought up with the paper by DH. I then read, do my puzzles, listen to radio 4 then up at 8 but faf around, shower, meds ,clean bathroom then down for breakfast by nine.

krazykat Fri 12-Nov-21 18:46:47

My alarm 3 days a week at 5.50 for work.
The rest of the week the cat because hes used to me feeding him at that time. It is nice to be able to take a cuppa back to bed on those days though

gmarie3 Fri 12-Nov-21 18:41:29

(Or my dog's bladder)

gmarie3 Fri 12-Nov-21 18:40:57

Bladder as others have mentioned, then coffee!

crazyH Fri 12-Nov-21 18:11:36

Saggi flowers

Sheilasue Fri 12-Nov-21 18:05:10

The bathroom and my first cup of tea ?