Gransnet forums

Chat

Rufus

(54 Posts)
seacliff Sun 21-Nov-21 10:43:47

Seems the thread has gone, why would anyone report that? Posters write from genuine concern and as a kind tribute. If you don't approve, just ignore.
Yes I was thinking of Rufus yesterday. Sadly because we knew of his deteriorating health, I now assume the worst. I enjoyed his irreverent humour, though I know some felt differently. He was a real character and I miss his posts. Good on ya Rufus.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 21-Nov-21 10:48:15

Cheers Rufus ????

AGAA4 Sun 21-Nov-21 10:49:40

I miss his good evening posts too. It feels as though we are in limbo as we don't actually know what happened to him.

Jaxjacky Sun 21-Nov-21 10:54:45

I miss him too, we used to chat about football, Man City his team.

BlueSky Sun 21-Nov-21 11:26:10

Miss him too, the fact that he lived in Australia was a special connection for me. Cheers Rufus! winewine

seacliff Sun 21-Nov-21 11:44:59

"the fact that he lived in Australia was a special connection for me." Me too Blue Sky, as my son is out there, it's good to get news from downunder.

BlueSky Sun 21-Nov-21 11:54:11

Seacliff flowers Shall we go over together? smile

Kali2 Sun 21-Nov-21 11:57:26

I have not reported it btw, but I truly feel it is VERY wrong to post like this on someone who has chosen to leave, or not. Individuals should not be discussed without their say-so, and I am glad the thread was deleted. Hope this one will be soon too.

rafichagran Sun 21-Nov-21 12:01:28

I enjoyed his Good Evening posts too.

BlueSky Sun 21-Nov-21 12:03:43

Saying that you miss somebody who used to post is wrong? hmm

Fridayschild Sun 21-Nov-21 12:05:50

Strange, I was just thinking of Rufus and how I missed his posts. I went looking to see if I’d missed a post and came across the deleted one which looked like the most recent. With his age and deteriorating health I assume the worst but have been hoping for the best. The powers that be are obviously deciding what is best for us! ?

seacliff Sun 21-Nov-21 12:08:47

Kali Rufus told us of his very serious diagnosis, and the outlook was not good. He was quite open about it, and also pmd several about it. If that had not been the case I'd agree with you, but this time it's different. We liked him and we are enjoying happy memories about him.

Occasionally someone will mention Great Nan, and there will be some nice stories about her. It's a tribute. Better than just being deleted and forgotten.

rafichagran Sun 21-Nov-21 12:12:13

Kali2

I have not reported it btw, but I truly feel it is VERY wrong to post like this on someone who has chosen to leave, or not. Individuals should not be discussed without their say-so, and I am glad the thread was deleted. Hope this one will be soon too.

Why is it wrong, people enquire about other posters all the time. Posts that start, oh has anyone heard from ............then it goes on to say, I have not seen ..........either. I dont hear people complaining about these posts.

Zoejory Sun 21-Nov-21 12:13:18

I think Rufus would be over the moon to be remembered.

Perfectly harmless.

He was an asset to GN and is missed.

BlueBelle Sun 21-Nov-21 12:39:24

As I said on the deleted thread Kali you are wrong Rufus was very open about his illnesses, his falls, his hospitalisation and his age He would be tickled pink to know we all are thinking of him and asking of him
If it doesn’t suit your way of thinking please don’t bother reading about our thoughts of him
There IS absolutely nothing wrong with enquiring or reminiscing about a ‘friend’

Folks if I disappear please do ask after me and have a chat about me good, bad (not too bad I hope) or ugly I d love to know I was thought of and remembered

Jaxjacky Sun 21-Nov-21 12:49:33

BlueBelle ditto ❤️

Chewbacca Sun 21-Nov-21 13:10:30

You're so very wrong about this kali. When posters go missing, either due to illness, name change or even their demise, other posters enquiring about their well being is because they care about them. It's a sign of how popular and well respected they were/are and that their posts were valued and are now missed. Did you take issue with the threads about our old friend Phoenix?

Kim19 Sun 21-Nov-21 13:10:52

? for good old Rufus. We bantered regularly and beautifully.

Aveline Sun 21-Nov-21 13:36:52

When I saw this thread title my heart leapt. I thought he'd maybe rejoined us from hospital or recovered in some way. Sadly it does look like the worst may have happened. I know his real name and tried to Google it as well as emailing him directly but to no avail.
Rufus2 if you're reading this somewhere, we miss your banter and robust comments!

Kalu Sun 21-Nov-21 13:47:08

Sélective memory Kali. You added your voice to the concerns raised about Greatnan not posting, along with many of us. Had we not, you would not have known how much your help was needed and how beneficial it was in the search for Greatnan.

Because you personally feel, asking how other GNetters are is wrong, that’s all it is - your personal view which does not give you the right to report such threads, hoping for deletion!

There have been many posters who have returned to GN on the strength of others concerns, returning to say thank you and appreciating there are people wishing them well.

NfkDumpling Sun 21-Nov-21 14:00:16

Ditto Aveline

Jamie Sun 21-Nov-21 14:08:22

I too have missed Rufus and wondered where he was. I enjoyed his posts and I am hoping for the best.

rafichagran Sun 21-Nov-21 14:18:05

I can understand people having different viewpoints, but this a thread showing concern for a poster.
LucaYou say you have not reported this thread, and that's good enough for me, but why would anyone want to report a thread showing concern,?Just ignore it if you do not agree with it.

rafichagran Sun 21-Nov-21 14:22:55

I am so sorry Luca I used your name incorrectly. I meant kali

Lucca Sun 21-Nov-21 14:38:36

Aaargh! I’m not even on this thread !!