Gransnet forums

Chat

How can parents do this?

(267 Posts)
Elless Wed 24-Nov-21 12:45:27

Reading the paper this morning, I can't get the image of that little boy out of my head, I cried when I read it - I hope his parents suffer.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10235117/CCTV-shows-tragic-Arthur-desperately-try-pick-duvet-floor-forced-sleep.html

Kate1949 Sat 04-Dec-21 16:43:10

Yes Calistemon. They are evil.

nananet01 Sat 04-Dec-21 17:56:04

Calistemon, Arthur was probably standing facing the wall whilst they enjoyed their ice creams, no doubt taunting him with how good they tasted. For the last 4 days of his life that is what they had him do, for several hours, every day

nananet01 Sat 04-Dec-21 17:59:46

She described it as discipline. Seems he spent most of his time like that, standing facing a wall, hours on end, even when she took him to the hairdressers house. Then he was made to sleep on the floor. His little legs, it's beyond belief

Kate1949 Sat 04-Dec-21 18:03:56

I posted on the other thread that there are pictures of Arthur on some of today's front pages. He looks well cared for and happy with his cute little backpack and beaming all over his gorgeous face. Before that pair got hold of him.

nananet01 Sat 04-Dec-21 18:31:20

Kate1949, I hope and pray the first 4 and a half years of Arthur's life were happy, as the photo's show. It was when his mum was convicted and sent to jail, his whole world seems to have crumbled. By Nov 2019 he was described as vulnerable, that's when Hughes met her. I think, I hope, up until Nov 2019, when his mum was taken away, which he could not have understood, he at least had his grandmother and his uncle, until March, 2020, when Hughes moved himself and Arthur into her house, and the horror began. The trouble is, Arthur had known love and care, which makes it so unbearable that he knew how that felt, and he didn't feel it in that house, he says the heartbreaking words 'nobody loves me' because he'd known it in the care of his mum, so felt their treatment even more deeply than he would have had he never experienced that love and care from his mum, his grandmother and uncle. His dear little heart and spirit were broken

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 04-Dec-21 18:38:05

How awful. I hate to say this, and please don’t misunderstand, but they say what you haven’t had you don’t miss. He had known love and care which was suddenly replaced by cruelty and neglect and that makes what he suffered all the more heartbreaking. Poor little soul.

Kate1949 Sat 04-Dec-21 18:41:06

His biological mum seemed to love him. He looked happy in all the photos when he was with her.

BlueSky Sat 04-Dec-21 18:55:55

Their punishment should be exactly the treatment they gave that poor little boy. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. No more no less. angry

Iam64 Sat 04-Dec-21 19:28:51

I’m sure his biological mum loved him. But his life seems to have been one where domestic abuse and with his mum, domestic abuse and drinking were features. Tragically many of our children in the uK have this as their norm. Add drugs in many families

nananet01 Sat 04-Dec-21 19:29:19

Germanshepherdmum, that's what I have tried to say above, it's heartbreaking beyond measure

SueDonim Sat 04-Dec-21 20:30:04

Kate1949

His biological mum seemed to love him. He looked happy in all the photos when he was with her.

Yet Arthur’s birth-mother killed another mother’s son. sad

Calistemon Sat 04-Dec-21 20:46:18

Iam64

I’m sure his biological mum loved him. But his life seems to have been one where domestic abuse and with his mum, domestic abuse and drinking were features. Tragically many of our children in the uK have this as their norm. Add drugs in many families

Yes, poor little souls.
They don't really stand a chance. If they survive they may follow the pattern of abuse, drugs, drink.

Calistemon Sat 04-Dec-21 20:48:33

The trouble is, Arthur had known love and care, which makes it so unbearable that he knew how that felt, and he didn't feel it in that house, he says the heartbreaking words 'nobody loves me' because he'd known it in the care of his mum, so felt their treatment even more deeply than he would have had he never experienced that love and care from his mum, his grandmother and uncle.

Yes, although his mother had her problems, she seems to have loved him.

Urmstongran Sat 04-Dec-21 20:56:27

The prison sentences of the couple who killed six-year-old Arthur Labinjo-Hughes are to be reviewed, the Attorney General has confirmed.

Kate1949 Sat 04-Dec-21 21:12:41

Yes she did Sue. The whole thing is a mess.
Urms Good. Maybe this is something to do with Tony's Law?

nanna8 Sun 05-Dec-21 05:45:04

Hope they throw away the key and never let them out. Foul creatures. No doubt they will get what’s coming to them from their fellow inmates.