Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 26th November 2021

(53 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 26-Nov-21 06:02:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Another dark, cold but dry start this morning in brackley , my plans are early local shop , then get bus to Bicester to street market etc, before returning home and getting Fish & Chips takeaway wise .
With the forecast being changeable, I will do as much today but will see how things are locally tomorrow if the forecast is right.
Take Care,
Mick

LauraNorderr Fri 26-Nov-21 12:52:41

Some lovely art work on here today from our talented posters.

monk08 Fri 26-Nov-21 12:35:54

hollysteers I would be happy to receive that card its beautiful.

luluaugust Fri 26-Nov-21 11:50:24

Good morning from W Kent, blowy and overcast. Oh Sars53 the joys of shopping at Bluewater, absolutely awful at present.
Good wishes to those battling along with life's problems

Auntieflo Fri 26-Nov-21 11:34:06

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.. Mick did you see the Martin Lewis show, and he was saying that Gift Cards were not such a good idea.
I am defrosting the second garage freezer this morning. Yesterday was so frosty that I put the drawers onto the garden table, covered by a blanket. This morning it has started to rain, so the garden umbrella has gone up!
Reading your posts, you all sound so busy and productive, that it makes me feel lazy. But I do enjoy catching up with all the "doings".
Did I say that I have made our Christmas Cake, and last night it had a brandy feed?
Good idea maybe to post the Matt cartoon, I like him and he makes me laugh.
Sending healing thoughts to the brave Iris, and hopes for a speedy recovery. To all GN's and their other halves, for good news with the various illnesses that are bothering them.
Have a good day one and all.

Mapleleaf Fri 26-Nov-21 11:02:34

Good morning

A bright but blustery and cold morning again today. It’s forecast to change this afternoon to strong winds and sleety showers, so it looks like winter is certainly on its way.

A day of pottering about today, I think, and also dropping off SiL’s birthday card.

Hope you all have a decent day.

Pittcity Fri 26-Nov-21 11:01:51

A late good morning from a motorway somewhere in Worcestershire. It's cold and rainy.
We had a boozy dinner with friends last night and are now on our way back to Essex.
DH is driving and I'll snooze until we stop for a break.
Looking forward to seeing our new bathroom at home.
Sending love to all ? x

Purplepixie Fri 26-Nov-21 10:58:06

Good morning from a blustery, dark and wet East Midlands. Just hope the snow keeps away. I’m watercolour painting this afternoon. Stay safe.

LauraNorderr Fri 26-Nov-21 10:56:25

Good morning Mick and all. Don’t know about cats and dogs, it’s raining giraffes and elephants in Anglesey this morning.
Hope that dress fits stillearnimg, children love nothing more than a daft granny.
Hope it’s a good day all round today, wouldn’t that be nice. ?

hollysteers Fri 26-Nov-21 10:55:53

Good morning all from a windy Lancashire coast.
Art group cancelled today as tutor has a bad cold, but negative. I’m sniffly myself so hope it doesn’t get worse as I’m travelling south next week.
There is a run through this afternoon for our Xmas concerts, then I will do a little food shop and have a covid test just in case.
Thoughts to Greyduster grandMattie and anyone with troubles.
Red pencil tryout for Xmas card.

Anniebach Fri 26-Nov-21 10:08:01

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Kalu Fri 26-Nov-21 10:04:00

Good morning all from yet another sunny start in Glasgow.

Enjoy your weekend visitors Marydoll. I love it whenever DD1 and the girls have a sleepover, chaotic but enjoyable chaos.

I’m pleased to hear DH is with you just now Ash. Best wishes for your friend and DD.
DH has been blue lighted, two heart attacks, twice now Greyduster so I understand completely what a frightening experience you and your DH have been through. Pleased to hear your DH is now home. Best wishes to you both.
Thankfully no damage to your property Grandmadinosaur. What a heart stopping moment when you realised the fire was so near your house though.

I still have some tulip bulbs to pot and a bit of leaf blowing to keep me busy today. All done at a much slower pace these days with a couple of al fresco coffee breaks, I can enjoy being outdoors.

Best wishes also to those I may have missed, hoping a pleasant day ahead for all if possible.

Dogsmakemesmile Fri 26-Nov-21 09:43:02

Good morning everyone from a cool Scottish Borders. Awaiting the storm that is due later. Gorgeous blue sky at the moment.
I hope Iris is as pain free as possible Grandmattie. She sounds a little trooper
Ash I hope today is not as fraught. Thinking of your DD.
Aim to have a good walk this morning. Have made scones and dough is rising. Ddog helped. We have had some brilliant workmen in but lovely to be back to just the two of us. Three really. I send my best wishes to all and hope today is as good as can be.x

Nannytopsy Fri 26-Nov-21 09:41:49

Good morning Mick and all his followers. It’s wild weather in Suffolk this morning after a wet and windy night. It should get the rest of the leaves off our walnut tree, then I will get the rake out.
There’s been so much going on, what with leading ladies, factory fires, awful traffic and poorly husbands. I hope everyone is settled back to normal.
It’s my brother’s birthday, so I must ring him later. They usually celebrate events with a holiday or a trip away so there’s a chance he isn’t home. I have a longing to go away but it’s not going to happen soon.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

EkwaNimitee Fri 26-Nov-21 09:37:49

Good morning Mick and all from a damp and still dark Carlisle. The wind howling down the road woke me briefly in the early hours. At least in this house I'm not lying awake for hours worrying about the conservatory as I used to in my last property, perched high above town and exposed to the full force of the gales.
Today, gentle pottering and some admin plus I might do a bit of baking. Tesco are due to deliver around midday. I'm gradually stocking up with some extras for DS2's visit in the New Year and bearing in mind the two of us might be here for Christmas too if things change re Covid.
I hope things go well with your DD Ashcombe and with the unfortunate leading lady.
Urmston, Matt made me laugh as usual...posting him each day is a good idea especially in these dark winter days.
My wishes for improving days for all of you with troubles and worries.

Nannagarra Fri 26-Nov-21 09:32:42

Good morning everyone.
I trust you’ve read my post very late yesterday afternoon and therefore don’t think today I’ve overlooked you. Yes, I know this is the morning thread…
Pleased to hear of better news for you Greyduster and for you Grandmadinosaur. May your DD have minimal symptoms Ashcombe and the physio work its magic for cornergran and Gwen. Is there a possibility you’re grinding your teeth, GrandMattie? Iris deserves to find an extra large flamingo of good fortune in the Lego. For all in need of comfort and peace of mind I send hugs.
A trip to the cobblers and to the clothing alterations service might see me blown from shop to shop and somewhat bedraggled this morning!
Have the best day you can. ?????

Blossoming Fri 26-Nov-21 09:28:00

Good morning Mick and all from cold windy Lancashire. The sun is trying to peep out but it’s not a good forecast. No plans for the day, we will see what life brings. Hope it brings a ? or ?? for us all.

Sending best wishes to all with troubles, hope your loved ones are soon on the mend.

harrigran Fri 26-Nov-21 09:13:01

Good morning from a grey and windy NE.
Disturbed night, I was up several times so feel quite tired this morning.
DS and GD visited yesterday and kept me company until the evening. DIL and GD2 did not come after school as DS is now able to drive again.
A day to myself today so will get on and change the beds and sort my clothes out, I have lost a lot of weight and a lot of stuff is too baggy now.
Caring thoughts to poorly and troubled people.

aggie Fri 26-Nov-21 08:58:20

Good Morning all, it’s bright now , stormy as expected and most of the leaves are gone from the trees , the bare branches have their own different beauty

MayBeMaw Fri 26-Nov-21 08:58:07

Urmstongran

This made me chuckle from the Telegraph this morning!

Actually I’m thinking of posting Matt’s daily cartoon here on Mick’s thread each morning to brighten up these dark wintery days. See how it goes?

Certainly Matt brightens up my mornings, even, like today, it’s a bit of a wry smile!

multicolourswapshop Fri 26-Nov-21 08:53:12

Good morning from a cracking sun rise from across the Firth of Forth it’s beautifulsunshine I’m very late in getting up this morning so what. wink it’s not as if I’m up to anything today it’s like Groundhog Day once more. I’ve had a wee peek out the curtains and it looks like it’s been raining I was expecting huge gales last night but I guess it didn’t happen or else this body slept through it all smile

Have a good day and hugs to those who are in need flowersalways thinking of you.

Greyduster Fri 26-Nov-21 08:41:21

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It’s damp and breezy in South Yorkshire, but the sun has just come out! Thank you for your good wishes yesterday. They finally let DH out of hospital at just after seven last night having stabilised his AF and put him on antibiotics for the infection that triggered it. It was seriously scary. Today we will have a quiet day indoors, with me keeping an eagle eye on him.
Corner I hope your physio can sort out your neck pain - it drags you down?
Have the best day you can, all.

BlueSapphire Fri 26-Nov-21 08:41:12

Good morning everyone from a grey and wet Northampton. I need to return two dresses to Sainsbury's this morning and also pick up a dress from the M&S food store. The Sainsbury's dresses would have swamped a 6 footer, never mind me at 5ft nothing! I was hoping to wear one this evening and am hoping that the M&S dress will fit instead. I'll have a coffee while I'm out and pick up a few treats as well.

Had a good ballet class yesterday, albeit that I am very much an ugly duckling! We learnt a new step yesterday which involved balancing on one leg, a sort of arabesque - I am afraid I will need lots of practice! My favourite bit of the lesson is the barre work which is very satisfying.

Tonight is our neighbourhood Christmas meal out (hence the need for a new dress!). All 17 of us in our little close are going, even the people who haven't moved in yet! They bought the house a few months ago and have spent the intervening time doing it up as it had stood empty for a few years due to the illness of the previous owner who was in a care home. Taxis are organised so no-one has to drive, and hopefully a good time will be had by all. Meals have been pre-ordered, and I am really looking forward to it.

Hopefully today turns out well for all.

Must get my skates on so that I can get an early bus.

Urmstongran Fri 26-Nov-21 08:38:13

Oh no Sar53 what a nightmare journey home from that shopping mall. Rather took the edge off the pleasure I imagine. We live 3 sets of traffic lights away from the Trafford Centre - or a 25 minute walk if we were so inclined. I only ever go about 3 times a year though for ‘needs’ not ‘wants’.
?

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 26-Nov-21 08:34:50

Good morning all from windy Harrogate
Sorry your entertainment came to an abrupt end. Hope your friend is OK, and your DD just has the mild symptoms like I did
Glad you are being looked after Grandmadinasaur and your house is OK
Got a busy Day today, physiotherapy this morning and taking pictures to the exhibition this afternoon. Will try again to post at least one of them!
Have the best day you can folks.

Urmstongran Fri 26-Nov-21 08:31:37

This made me chuckle from the Telegraph this morning!

Actually I’m thinking of posting Matt’s daily cartoon here on Mick’s thread each morning to brighten up these dark wintery days. See how it goes?