Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 29th November 2021

(68 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 29-Nov-21 05:59:00

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but dry and cold outside here in brackley this morning, today is tidy up day , there a few items I want to discard for space.
Otherwise a day in today .
Take care,
Mick

Dogsmakemesmile Mon 29-Nov-21 14:31:00

Late as usual. Just back from PCR test. Hopefully result back tonight. Going to take things easy. And read GN. So glad you are here.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 29-Nov-21 14:19:28

Happy Anniversary The Kalus ??

I should be wrapping gifts instead of scrolling GN ???

Grandmabatty Mon 29-Nov-21 14:06:23

Happy anniversary to Mr and Mrs Kalu. ?

GrannySomerset Mon 29-Nov-21 13:33:51

A visit to an actual doctor this morning who agrees that the problem is muscular and will take time but has arranged an x-ray tomorrow to be sure that nothing else is going wrong. I am exhausted by the constant pain but hope for a slow recovery. I feel such a wuss - can’t drive and am dependent on kind neighbours at present. Visiting DH this afternoon who must think I have abandoned him as I haven’t seen him since before the weekend.

My sympathy to Marydoll who is having more than her share of pain at present and to anyone else suffering.

TillyTrotter Mon 29-Nov-21 13:24:10

Wishing Mr and Mrs Kalu a very special day celebrating their wedding anniversary ? ?

Blossoming Mon 29-Nov-21 13:19:28

Just dropping in to wave, had my first Healthier You meeting, went really well. Laters grin

Marydoll Mon 29-Nov-21 13:14:50

fulbour, I'm sorry to read your post. You probably get any response here, not because no-one cares, but because this is a general daily thread.

It would be best to start your own thread.
Here is how to do it.
Go to Forums at the top of the page
Click the Health topic
New Thread.

fulbourn Mon 29-Nov-21 13:04:38

Tell me if things is inaccurate -
-but how to deal with feelings of panic and despair?

Annaram1 Mon 29-Nov-21 12:58:48

Hello everyone. Beautiful photos, thanks to all. When I threw out some birdseed onto the ground outside my kitchen window I was dismayed to see 2 large crows came down and demolished it before anyone else could get a look in.

Grandmadinosaur, when I took my baby son home for the first time my 3 year old daughter said excitedly "Mummy, can we keep him?"

I hope all suffering grans have a good day and get better as the day goes on. Keep warm and stay safe.

luluaugust Mon 29-Nov-21 12:18:40

An early afternoon hello from me, beautifully sunny day here in W Kent, day to be spent packing parcels up ready to go to the post. Good wishes to all

brook2704 Mon 29-Nov-21 11:32:38

Happy Anniversary kalu I hope you both enjoy your very special day ??❤️
That made me giggle monk I admire anyone who braves the icy cold water around these shores - well done to your DiL ? as for me I’m just about to head off to the very warm water in a few minutes
Hope your DGD is ok again soon Aga what an awful thing to happen

Stilllearning Mon 29-Nov-21 11:10:42

Thanks for info Kalu and Happy Anniversary!

Urmstongran Mon 29-Nov-21 10:29:39

A later good morning all from me in south Manchester. It snowed here yesterday and now it’s an inch of crusty frosting out there. I’ve been chatting away to our Yorkshire Lass who rang me for a lovely long catch up as she’s not in work today. She had on her walking boots and was down by the marina at the back of their house. A blast of fresh air for her and a ‘walk and talk’ together. Lovely.

So many beautiful photos on here this morning! No Matt today in the Telegraph. Tomorrow hopefully!

I plan to head out with Himself for a walk tomorrow. 12 days now confined to barracks. I’ve been in quarantine long enough I think. Enjoy Monday all who can. x

hollysteers Mon 29-Nov-21 09:57:38

Happy anniversary Kalu?

hollysteers Mon 29-Nov-21 09:56:54

Good morning all from a chilly Lancashire coast.
My neighbours tree has fallen into the back of my garden, bringing down the fence and landing on the white frame gazebo. It’s far enough away at the back to put it out of mind at the moment. One of her other trees went over into another neighbours garden, so she has been unlucky. I’m glad my huge pine tree outside my kitchen window braved the blast.
I’m meeting a friend for lunch in the city, so a train ride and a wonder what to wear. The instinct is to go nowhere but must be resisted. He wanted to come here for a visit and stay overnight, but I like a change and am getting over my head cold and visitors are more bother.
Lovely photographs and I will read through tonight.

hulahoop Mon 29-Nov-21 09:53:16

Happy Anniversary kalu ??

Marydoll Mon 29-Nov-21 09:44:21

Happy anniversary to you and your husband, my dear friend Kalu. ?

Marydoll Mon 29-Nov-21 09:42:04

Megs, I hope you get the call soon and help for your husband. This cold weather is not good for those of us with lung problems. Remember to look after yourself too. ?

EkwaNimitee Mon 29-Nov-21 09:40:33

Good Morning Mick and everyone from a bleak-looking Carlisle. Yesterday afternoon's slow thaw was stopped by a freezing night, -3C when I went to bed. The road outside is looking rather treacherous so I'm not risking a trip into town. The Aussie cards will have to wait until tomorrow to post.
I'm getting at the housework and laundry instead.
A beautiful sunrise Nannagarra and a lovely photo of your GC's Grandmadinosaur. That young man doesn't know what's ahead...wait till she starts running around and messing with his stuff!
I hope everyone's travels go well and have a good day all.

Megs36 Mon 29-Nov-21 09:35:33

Morning all, cheers to those not so good today, unfortunately that includes us, my husband had bad weekend with worsening COPD breathing and coughing a little blood, now waiting for call from doctors, we were 7 in line so hope it’s soon.
Smattering of snow this morning ,yuk.?❄️

Forsythia Mon 29-Nov-21 09:29:50

Good morning from south London where we have quite a thick layer of frost on cars, roofs and grass. A bright cold day. My DD sent me a lovely video of my baby grandson discovering a baby bouncer for the first time. So cute. Bouncing up and down bless him. Today, we have a few chores to do and may venture for a short walk well wrapped up.
Hope everyone finds something to smile about today.

hulahoop Mon 29-Nov-21 09:23:12

It's a very cold day here in West York's the 2/3inch of snow is frozen a lot of car scraping can be heard I was hoping to get rest of my Xmas shopping done prior to my surgery later this month x

Beechnut Mon 29-Nov-21 09:15:25

Wishing you a Happy Anniversary Mr&MrsKalu ??

Grandmadinosaur Mon 29-Nov-21 09:08:57

Congratulations on your Anniversary Kalu and Mr K I hope you have a lovely day. Was it a chilly day like this all those years ago?

Thank you for all your comments on my grandchildren yes we are so very proud of them. Pre GC I had no idea how much joy they bring into our lives. We are truly blessed.

AGAA4 Mon 29-Nov-21 09:02:21

Good morning from North Wales. I am late this morning.
Yesterday I found the car was covered in foliage from the trees on the driveway. It was so dirty I had to take it to the car wash.
My poor GD was hit by a hard object that was thrown at the concert she was at on Saturday. She had a very swollen nose and had to have an ice pack on it all night.
Grandmadinosaur you have gorgeous grandchildren. You must be so proud.
Congratulations to Kalu and her DH on their anniversary.
?
Hope everyone has a pleasant day and ? to all who are not well or have worries.