Gransnet forums

Chat

Anybody going to watch Trump being interviewed by Farage on GB News tonight?

(107 Posts)
25Avalon Wed 01-Dec-21 12:05:49

Apparently Trump has been interviewed by Nigel Farage which will be shown on GB News at 7pm tonight. It is pre recorded rather than live so you wonder if the lawyers have been busy sifting through it for any slander? It could be interesting love him or loath him. I think I will watch it. How about other Gnetters?

Chestnut Thu 02-Dec-21 17:42:14

Our history is mostly the history of dead, white men. The literature that is held up as being of value, of being published many years after their deaths is of dead white men. Most of our art is by dead white men.
Actually it should be 'dead white educated men' because they were mainly the people who got the chance to do anything significant. Their wives were expected to run the home, and the rest of us (uneducated and poor) were too busy struggling to survive. So given that these educated white men were mainly the only ones able to do anything significant why should it be wrong to celebrate their achievements? Would you rather everyone was poor and uneducated and no-one achieved anything?

GillT57 Thu 02-Dec-21 19:32:22

Good grief! They are old white men! Facts cannot be ignored, however 'woke' some on here think the comment is. Calistemon, you don't look old enough to even be considered as Farage's mother ( and I am very glad you are not!)

As for the comments about frequent posters, I get irritated by people who come onto News and Politics threads and then harangue those of us who are posting on it.

GagaJo Thu 02-Dec-21 19:32:39

lemongrove

I might have known that you would post something of the sort
Gaga I always know that I have something right if you disagree.wink

You think you're right all you like. It's a basic of history, hence the late 20th century attempt to right this approach, with social history, women's history, publishers such as the women's press.

GagaJo Thu 02-Dec-21 19:34:44

Chestnut

^Our history is mostly the history of dead, white men. The literature that is held up as being of value, of being published many years after their deaths is of dead white men. Most of our art is by dead white men.^
Actually it should be 'dead white educated men' because they were mainly the people who got the chance to do anything significant. Their wives were expected to run the home, and the rest of us (uneducated and poor) were too busy struggling to survive. So given that these educated white men were mainly the only ones able to do anything significant why should it be wrong to celebrate their achievements? Would you rather everyone was poor and uneducated and no-one achieved anything?

Plenty of women, people of colour and of non-western origin achieved things. We just haven't read about them in our white-centric educational system.

Yes, dead, white educated men, of course. Those that are in power and are literate write the history.

Calistemon Thu 02-Dec-21 20:09:52

Calistemon, you don't look old enough to even be considered as Farage's mother ( and I am very glad you are not!)

Thank you, GillT57, so kind.
In fact, I only look old enough to be his younger sister as he looks so much older than his age.

tickingbird Fri 03-Dec-21 18:36:38

Yesterday 12:32 GagaJo

tickingbird
I’m just glad there’s no audio, all this sighing would send me to sleep. Then again, just reading some of the posts has the same effect.
Why bother then?

Great for insomnia, works a treat!