Gransnet forums

Chat

Still in my dressing gown at 12.25 ? but….

(51 Posts)
Witzend Sat 04-Dec-21 12:29:22

…I’ve made 4 dozen mince pies, and the 2nd 4 litre batch of soup (all for Gdcs’ school fair tomorrow) has just gone on the hob.
Once that’s come to the boil and I can turn it down to simmer, I will go and make myself presentable.
The kitchen looks as if a bomb’s hit it!

Calistemon Sat 04-Dec-21 17:13:35

I hate wandering around in a dressing gown.

Perhaps I need a nice, new dressing gown for Christmas ?

Feelingmyage55 Sat 04-Dec-21 17:16:34

Ladies, you have made me feel better. I took my tea back to bed at 9, read till 11, went shopping, tidied the greenhouse, did laundry and have come back to bed for half an hour to warm up and for the central heating to kick in. I will go downstairs to watch Strictly. riverwalk, I’d love to try wild swimming; apparently it cheers you up (or in modern parlance), is good for your mental health! I’m sure the company must be fun. Are you allowed to squeal at the cold?

Feelingmyage55 Sat 04-Dec-21 17:18:27

Ooops sorry not riverwalk, BlueBelle. Ps I got dressed for going out!!!

MerylStreep Sat 04-Dec-21 17:28:03

Calistemon
Same here. It’s the tidy freak in me. I can’t go later than 9am, then I’m itching to get going, anything ?

NanKate Sat 04-Dec-21 17:42:15

It’s the reverse with me I’m in my pjs every afternoon at 5.00pm and I don’t give a fig ?

Kim19 Sat 04-Dec-21 17:53:29

Never get up early (well....reasonably) unless I have a lunch date.

Gwyneth Sat 04-Dec-21 17:56:08

I was up and dressed at 8 this morning. Went into town to pick up a bookcase then wrote my Christmas cards and packed a food hamper with lots of lovely treats to send to my brother and his family for Christmas. Am in Jim jams now though and settled ready to watch Strictly.

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 04-Dec-21 18:29:11

If I wasn’t sorted and dressed as soon as I get up (8ish, husband lets the hound out 7ish), I can guarantee there would be someone on the doorstep and my inner slut (which I would love to indulge!) would be the talk of the village. They’re all early to bed, early to rise round here. So no dressing gowns after 8.30 am round here, I daren’t!

BlueSky Sat 04-Dec-21 19:07:02

Oh Germansheperdsmum don't be a spoilsport, give them something to gossip about! grin

Jaxjacky Sat 04-Dec-21 20:10:36

Riverwalk early bird here too, up early and dressed immediately.
I don’t own nightwear and my interaction with my dressing gown is brief if it’s cold, after I’ve showered, dried and am looking for specific clothes.

Calistemon Sat 04-Dec-21 20:12:29

Germanshepherdsmum

I have been caught at 10 am! To be fair, I was cleaning before having a shower......

LauraNorderr Sat 04-Dec-21 20:22:33

Can someone give me the link to the rule book that tells us what time we should get up once we’re retired.
I go to bed when I’m tired and I wake up when I feel refreshed.
Anyone who disapproves should think on, that dogs bottom pucker could stick like that if the wind changes direction suddenly.

BlueBelle Sat 04-Dec-21 21:11:36

Unless very very ill I ve never been in my pjs after 7 am I get up same time of day everyday straight in the shower dressed and then downstairs I do have a dressing gown but I never wear it it never leaves it’s hook
It’s just my normal and I can’t imagine doing it any different

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 04-Dec-21 22:56:35

Ooh, you hussy Calistemon! (Good for you!)

I’m sure I give them lots to talk about BlueSky though they’re all very nice. Everyone’s up by 7 at the latest round here (BlueBelle you’ve been outed, you’re one of my neighbours. I just need to work out which one.). Except me! Those days are gone!

Calistemon Sat 04-Dec-21 23:08:43

What is 7 am? Is it the middle of the night?

#Nightowl

LadyStardust Sat 04-Dec-21 23:11:28

I couldnt do housework/baking etc in pjs and dressing gown. It just doesnt feel right! I eat breakfast in night things, but get dressed soon after. In the summer I sleep naked so just slip on some joggers/shorts and a t shirt when I get up. I suppose those things are just another version of basic pjs! Maybe I'm not so different after all!

Calistemon Sat 04-Dec-21 23:13:48

I couldn't do baking or cooking in pjs and dressing gown.

Unless you call making porridge cooking ?

Grandma2213 Sat 04-Dec-21 23:21:31

Can't see anything wrong in responding to your own body clock and doing what is comfortable when you can. I have hated mornings since I was a child and can now eliminate them (mostly) having worked hard all my life and now retired and living alone. I am always busy when I'm awake by the way. Each to his (her or whatever's) own!

rubysong Sat 04-Dec-21 23:24:43

I usually get up just before eight, put on my fleecy onesie and make tea and porridge. Then back to bed to drink tea, eat porridge, watch 'Breakfast' on TV, look at emails, Facebook and GN on my tablet. By then it's about 9:15, so I get up, washed and dressed and get on with whatever I have to do.

Calistemon Sat 04-Dec-21 23:26:48

fleecy onesie

That's what I need! I don't like dressing gowns, they flap around untidily.

Teacheranne Sat 04-Dec-21 23:28:45

Calistemon

Germanshepherdsmum

I have been caught at 10 am! To be fair, I was cleaning before having a shower......

That’s my default excuse when someone knocks at the door and I’m not dressed - could be as late as 2pm! I’m always “ just about to get in the shower after doing the housework”. Sometimes I change the excuse, Covid is a good one “ I’m not feeling too good so don’t want to open the door in case it’s Covid”.

It’s quite a challenge for me to hide from the door knockers as I live in a bungalow and my bedroom is at the front, right by the path to the door. I have to make a quick dash out of bed if I see someone heading my way so I can hide behind the door where I can’t be seen! I dread the window cleaner coming as if I hear his ladder, I have to get dressed before he knocks for the money, if he sees my car, he knows I am in!

Chewbacca Sun 05-Dec-21 01:27:09

You'll be pleased to know that I've found these 2 for you Callistemon. Just choose which one you like and I'll order it for you. You're welcome! grin

BlueBelle Sun 05-Dec-21 07:40:40

Perhaps it depends what time you go to bed I usually go between 10 and 11 and yes it is about body clock and what you are trained to I guess I always had a 7.30 bedtime as a child and a 7.30 get up My mum and dad were always up and about by 6.30 even into their very very old age
Old habits die hard I guess
To me lying in bed after 7 am or being in my pjs around the house equals illness ( I do take my bra off around 6pm does that count ?) and that’s not an invitation to any male gransnetters to call round ??

Riverwalk Sun 05-Dec-21 07:58:31

Are you going for your swim BlueBelle?

I'm a bit reluctant to go out for a walk as it's barely light, windy and drizzling but trying to gee myself along and get up from the chair!

BlueBelle Sun 05-Dec-21 09:12:38

No not today riverwalk I don’t go every day I m off on my cycle to do my weeks shopping at Asda ( my nearest store) I can easily get a weeks worth of food on my cycle but I walk it back I don’t wobble around like a bag lady ?? I ve got panniers so fill them each side a big bag on top of them and one in my front basket and a back pack if needed ….simples Just waiting till they open at 10
That’s my exercise for the day, probably nod off this afternoon