Gransnet forums

Chat

Harry’s ‘pop’ at Charles

(316 Posts)
Bluebellwould Mon 06-Dec-21 11:46:10

Harry has apparently had another pop at his dad this time regarding the payment for honours debacle. Harry seems to keep on attacking Charles and I wondered if there might be a particular reason for this. In all of the multitudinous reports on their estrangement I haven’t seen anyone wondering if H is doing this because he believes/knows Charles is not his dad. I am not suggesting that is true but it may be his ‘truth’ as others have put it. Perhaps it would go some way to explain his seeming lack of belonging. Just musing on a grey day, please feel free to wade in or not as the case maybe.

nanna8 Thu 09-Dec-21 11:02:34

I think that is disgusting Algerias. No more comments from me and if you wish to interpret something as racist when it is nothing of the sort that says something about you.

Josianne Thu 09-Dec-21 11:09:49

I don't think nanna used any race baiting language here?

Alegrias1 Thu 09-Dec-21 11:11:58

And this, boys and girls, is why we're in the state we're in.

Beastly? Lower orders? About a woman who has been marginalised because of her race?

A wee bit of common sense is all that's required, really.

eazybee Thu 09-Dec-21 11:31:30

Rudeness yes.
Cannot see any implied racism.

Lucca Thu 09-Dec-21 11:32:11

nanna8

Oh for goodness sake. I thought you poms had a sense for humour. Clearly I was sorely mistaken.

There was absolutely NO indication in your first comment that you were being ‘funny”.
We do have a SOH. But only when something is funny,

Lucca Thu 09-Dec-21 11:33:15

Alegrias1

And this, boys and girls, is why we're in the state we're in.

Beastly? Lower orders? About a woman who has been marginalised because of her race?

A wee bit of common sense is all that's required, really.

Apparently Nanna8 was joking.??

Calistemon Thu 09-Dec-21 11:36:53

Josianne

I think the "common" bit comes from the comments about Harry's girl being straight outta Compton that were all over the press.

No, she seemed perfectly lovely at first, went to a posh school, well-mannered, charming and very elegant

But then publicly trashing your in-laws is a bit common, imo.
Especially on Oprah where it is televised around the world.

Josianne Thu 09-Dec-21 11:49:22

Yes, Calistemon her recent behaviour in terms of trashing family could be viewed as common.

Can't a white person be beastly = vile and crude? I think so.

maddyone Thu 09-Dec-21 11:50:30

It certainly wasn’t a wise thing to do Calistemon. I wonder what they thought would happen?

trisher Thu 09-Dec-21 12:37:14

Josianne

Yes, Calistemon her recent behaviour in terms of trashing family could be viewed as common.

Can't a white person be beastly = vile and crude? I think so.

OMG so the upper orders never trash their family- Hang on aren't the Spencers more aristo than the Windsors? And didn't Diana trash them before she died and her brother after?
Does that mean the Spencers are common?????

Josianne Thu 09-Dec-21 12:40:48

Yes, trisher their behaviour in that respect is common, no decorum, their provenance is not common.

Calistemon Thu 09-Dec-21 12:46:54

And didn't Diana trash them before she died and her brother after?
Yes, and she got caught up in the Bashir trap.
Meghan got caught in the Oprah trap.

Calistemon Thu 09-Dec-21 12:47:37

Josianne

Yes, trisher their behaviour in that respect is common, no decorum, their provenance is not common.

That is it exactly.

No decorum.

maddyone Thu 09-Dec-21 13:05:48

I don’t know that Megan got caught by Oprah, I think Megan made a very rash decision to go on Oprah and trash the royal family. It’s not remotely dignified nor clever to trash your in laws to the entry world. It’s my opinion and others may disagree.

maddyone Thu 09-Dec-21 13:06:08

entire world

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 09-Dec-21 13:19:08

I agree Maddy. And of course Oprah is her friend, invited to the wedding. She knew exactly what she was going to say and wasn’t trapped into anything.

trisher Thu 09-Dec-21 13:58:36

Oh I see it's common to speak out when you are marginalised and abused. Keep quiet, stiff upper lip and all that! It seems GNers are still living in the 19th century. Wake up and smell the coffee and realise no one has to put up with poor treatment and speaking out isn't common it's brave. (God help women if this attitude is ever usual again)

maddyone Thu 09-Dec-21 14:07:50

marginalised and abused

Are you actually for real? Do you really believe that? Was she being marginalised and abused when Prince Charles walked her down the aisle? Was she being marginalised and abused when she spent over a million pounds on clothes during her time as a royal? Those clothes incidentally paid for by Charles and are documented along with their prices. Was she she being marginalised and abused when she accepted million pounds earrings from a Prince from Saudi? Was she being marginalised and abused when Charles spent millions on her wedding to Harry? Was she being marginalised and abused when the royals and public spent millions on her house on the Windsor estate?

maddyone Thu 09-Dec-21 14:12:50

There are bound to be teething troubles when a new person joins a family, it happens all the time. The new member of the family needs to adjust as the family needs to adjust. That is probably particularly difficult when that family is royal. But going on television and telling the world what a horrible family you’ve married into is without any class and totally undignified. It is a deliberate attempt to cause trouble, and to my mind that is nothing short of nasty.

Josianne Thu 09-Dec-21 14:18:49

So throwing your sister in law under a bus about who was wrong in an argument about the flower girls isn't common?

Calistemon Thu 09-Dec-21 14:22:26

Germanshepherdsmum

I agree Maddy. And of course Oprah is her friend, invited to the wedding. She knew exactly what she was going to say and wasn’t trapped into anything.

Actually, it was reported (so may not necessarily be true) that Meghan barely knew Oprah before she was invited to the wedding.
Curious.

Calistemon Thu 09-Dec-21 14:24:25

marginalised and abused
Who was marginalised and abused? Certainly not Meghan.

Welcomed and encouraged and given all the help she needed to adjust to her new life,.

Calistemon Thu 09-Dec-21 14:26:03

trisher

Oh I see it's common to speak out when you are marginalised and abused. Keep quiet, stiff upper lip and all that! It seems GNers are still living in the 19th century. Wake up and smell the coffee and realise no one has to put up with poor treatment and speaking out isn't common it's brave. (God help women if this attitude is ever usual again)

Poor treatment?
You have inside knowledge of that do you, trisher?

I feel sorry for the staff who were abused.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 09-Dec-21 14:32:51

So why was Oprah invited to the wedding if Meghan barely knew her? I wouldn’t think she was likely to be a good friend of Harry.

Calistemon Thu 09-Dec-21 14:39:28

Oprah approached Meghan for an interview two months before the wedding, having never met them before, but was politely turned down apparently.