Gransnet forums

Chat

A Very Argy Christmas

(392 Posts)
lemongrove Mon 06-Dec-21 14:46:55

Hello All,
Have been waiting for Doodle to open the old Argy up for the festive period, but she has gone to New York ( or possibly York) to do her Christmas shopping.She will be here anytime though, so until then, the doors are open, come in and ‘take the weight off’ and order one of our speciality cocktails or maybe a mulled poteen, and tell us what you’ve been up to.
Sitting on Santa’s knee? Ordering new killer heels?tchsmile

Grannmarie Fri 31-Dec-21 23:57:34

Happyne, it's time for our duet..
???? Islands in the stream.....
Gie it laldy!!
Nearly time for
Should auld acquaintance be forgot..
Thank you, *Lady Lemongrove, Doodle, Brook, Happyne and al*l for a wonderful night in the Argy.
Good luck to all for 2022, especially our dear Soop.???

brook2704 Sat 01-Jan-22 00:09:00

Happy New Year everyone!

Doodle Sat 01-Jan-22 00:09:56

?☄️⭐️?✨?⚡️?✨??⭐️☄️⚡️✨?☄️???☄️☄️
Happy New Year everyone. ??????
Hang onto your bloomers girls those rockets are whizzing around.
Thank you for your company Grannmarie you can certainly belt them out.

maddyone Sat 01-Jan-22 00:14:16

Happy New Year everyone. See you back at the Argy when the conga’s finished.

ixion Sat 01-Jan-22 00:14:48

Cheers, everyone.
Love y'all (hic) ?

Happyme Sat 01-Jan-22 00:15:14

Happy New Year one and all ???. May 2022 be good to us all. What bloomers Doodle , I ran out of fabric ?

brook2704 Sat 01-Jan-22 00:24:42

Cheese straw anyone?

Doodle Sat 01-Jan-22 00:46:47

Happyme ? I hope you don’t catch cold. It’s draughty in the Argy.

Doodle Sat 01-Jan-22 00:54:26

Brook I just fancy a cheese straw. Thank you.
Well actually I quite fancy Bjorn but as Maddyone is taking him in her own personal conga, I’ll have to make do.
Cheers to you too Ixion here have some of Brook’s cheese straws it’ll help soak up the alcohol. I told you drinking all the remaining glasses in the poteen fountain wasn’t a good idea, ?
I’m a bit worried about AGA. She was right at the end of the line when we swung hard right after leaving the docks and she seemed to disappear off the end ?

brook2704 Sat 01-Jan-22 01:00:02

Oops I did hear a splash Doodle but thought it was a jumping fish … we’d best go back to check

brook2704 Sat 01-Jan-22 01:02:15

Don’t worry AGA we’re coming for you

Doodle Sat 01-Jan-22 01:03:40

Hang on AGA ……well at least with all that poteen inside you you won’t get cold and that inflatable bra I lent you should keep you afloat till we get there.

AGAA4 Sat 01-Jan-22 07:17:23

Happy New Year to all at the Argy.
I spent the night in Fisherman Fred's cottage on the docks after I fell into the sea. Thanks to all who hauled me out.
I am back at the Argy starting the clear up after the night's revels.
Not sure how to get the bloomers down from the roof ?

maddyone Sat 01-Jan-22 10:40:53

I think we should send the boys up there in their thongs, that’ll be an interesting sight. They’ll soon get those bloomers down!

Doodle Sat 01-Jan-22 12:43:59

Thanks everyone for a fantastic Christmas and New Year bash.
Lovely to enjoy your company and humour again.

I think it’s time to close for another refurbishment so we can rest and regroup in time for an Easter Argy ? opening.
Glad you’re back safely AGA. You’ve got a few weeks now to come up with some chocolate flavoured poteen.
Hope everyone enjoys the break. I’m taking the llamas to Lemongrove Manor where they can rest in their barn and annoy Lord Lemon by trampling on his dahlias.
May Hem and Dyna Mite along with Vi Agra have all gone off to sea on the Admirals new yacht (they’ll be mighty upset when they realise it’s a glorified rowing boat and they’re doing the rowing ?)

Thor, Sven and Bjorn have decided to go winter skiing but will be back in plenty of time to help get ready for Easter opening.

Hope to see you all back at Easter. Keep safe and well in the meantime. Last one out lock the door and slip the key under the mat. Bye ?

AGAA4 Sat 01-Jan-22 13:41:24

Just finished cleaning the poteen barrels and have turned off the lights and locked the door as doodleinstructed.
Great Christmas everyone. See you at Easter ??