Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 15th December 2021

(64 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 15-Dec-21 06:04:22

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its dry here in Brackley this morning .
Today , a small early shop , and I then want to get my jab cards Photostatted so i have all three vacations cards on a copy of A5 paper , so I can show when going to cinema , and other venues in accordance with the law.
I have no android type I phone so showing a copy of the vaccinations is beater than taking out of my wallet in public areas .
Take Care,
Mick

Grandmadinosaur Wed 15-Dec-21 12:48:11

Thank you Grannyowl worth the wait ?

EllanVannin Wed 15-Dec-21 12:13:04

My eyes are still a bit on the bleary side Blossoming so a good job I'm indoors.

What did perk me up before was my usual annual card from a woman I trained at the hospital with in the 1950's. It's always a treat to hear from her all these years on. Both of us are in our early 80's now.

EllanVannin Wed 15-Dec-21 12:06:55

Hahahahaha, that's a corker GrannyOwl.

GrannyOwl5 Wed 15-Dec-21 11:59:07

Allow me Urms!

Blossoming Wed 15-Dec-21 11:05:16

Forgot to say thank you Mick for finding out the Covid pass information and posting it in this thread.

EV your big heart does you credit, it saddens me to think of those going without, especially at this time of year.

Megs36 Wed 15-Dec-21 10:59:21

Good morning all, we too got a largeFortnum and Mason hamper today courtesy dear grandson in Australia . Luxury gift. ????

luluaugust Wed 15-Dec-21 10:47:22

Good morning all from W Kent. First day out yesterday after awful cold, took some flowers and magazines to DDIL down with covid. Left them on the doorstep, stood back and spoke briefly to DS, felt like old times!! Pottering today more than enough I think. Best wishes to all flowers

Urmstongran Wed 15-Dec-21 10:38:26

I give up.

Urmstongran Wed 15-Dec-21 10:37:24

Wow ?. I’ve managed to post.
Trying Matt now. ??

AGAA4 Wed 15-Dec-21 10:36:29

Good morning everyone. It is a lovely day here in North Wales and I have just come back from Timpsons where a new battery has been put in my watch. It stopped at the weekend and I am fed up of looking at my empty wrist for the time.
MaryDoll sorry you have this extra worry with your family. Poor little Dolly.
GrandMattie that must have been a horrible experience in the night. I hope you are feeling a bit better now.
LauraNorderr I am wishing for the best outcome for your DiL. There is so much that can be done these days. I am still here after treatment 7 years ago.
Thoughts with all who are not well or have worries.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

Urmstongran Wed 15-Dec-21 10:36:02

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where (now - so late but I’ve been trying ‘very trying some would say) it’s sunny and very warm. No need of heating and the click door to the verandah is open. A gorgeous day. Set to last till weekend apparently!

I see the Matt cartoon wouldn’t post. I will try again later.

We’re minding the Boy Wonder & L’il Miss from tomorrow 4 days in all. Our daughter who is a teacher in Trafford (but different school) doesn’t finish work until next Tuesday night. Crazy system with the same borough for 2 primary schools. Why don’t these Heads get their ‘heads’ together?

My what a horrible shock for you both last night grandMattie. I bet it’s frightened you both. It sounded quite scary to be honest. Rest up. Then rest some more. xx

Blossoming Wed 15-Dec-21 10:31:26

Glad you had a productive day yesterday harrigran and you enjoyed some time out with your DD.

Blossoming Wed 15-Dec-21 10:26:21

Hope your husband arrives safely this evening Ash. My word grandmattie that sounds like quite a frightening episode, I hope you will rest today. Hope the family test negative Marydoll, quite a worry for you. Glad you’re on the mend Brook

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 15-Dec-21 10:25:10

Good Morning all from bright Harrogate
Oh! GrandMattie what a fright. Take it easy today and let others 'do' for you - I know that's difficult for a doer, but you have to,
HollySteers it was a beautiful picture you sketched.
You, Marydoll please take care.
Sorry you are having to put off seeing family Beechnut but hopefully Covid will have eased by next summer.
Sorry your poor DD is not feeling too good *Ginster with a bit of TLC maybe she'll feel better soon.
When my DGS was in his last year at nursery, for the Nativity he played the part of Herod. So Herod came on stage, took Jesus out of the manger, dropped him on the floor, divested himself of crown and royal garments, ran off stage to sit on his mum's knee!! Don't think that was quite the story.
Keep well folks, have the best day you can.

EllanVannin Wed 15-Dec-21 10:24:34

How cheerful you ladies are when under duress from poorly family members. If I wore a hat I'd raise it to you all.xx

Hoping all is well.

Blossoming Wed 15-Dec-21 10:15:06

Hope all goes well for your daughter Sar and the results are negative x

Blossoming Wed 15-Dec-21 10:10:09

Good morning Mick and everybody. Sunshine and blue skies in my corner of Lancashire, currently 9°C. I succeeded in changing the bedroom curtains yesterday, a tricky job involving balancing on the top step of my handy step stool and stretching up. I didn’t manage to get to the post office though. Today’s plan is washing the curtains and hope to get to the post office. The usual physio exercises and cycling (indoors) later.

Wishing you all the best possible day. May all those with worries find some comfort and all who are under the weather find some relief. ???

Nannagarra Wed 15-Dec-21 10:09:19

Good morning from sunny Sefton.
I’ve been gallivanting in the Lake District for days. Skimming through your posts, it would be remiss of me not to write back to some posters. (Apologies if I don’t mention you personally.)
What a terrible shock for you and your family Barmey. So very, very sad. ?
I’d like to send a gentle hug and wishes for the best Christmas possible for those young mums undergoing chemo this month. I’m hoping your DiL, LauraNorderr, having had her final session, feels well enough to enjoy Christmas Day and that your DD, Gymstagran, can put thoughts of her appointment to the back of her mind until the 30th. They are such brave ladies.
Have a gentle day, GrandMattie, tended by DrMattie. Please listen to your body and don’t take chances. (Lecture over, but you know I mean well.)
Post-holiday putting away/washing await - oh joy - then DGD to meet from school. Granddad is becoming quite an expert on dolls and music boxes thanks to her. ?
Sending you sunshine, a smile and the sighting of a flamingo. ???

EkwaNimitee Wed 15-Dec-21 09:41:09

Good morning Mick and all from grey Carlisle where the wind is starting to pick up and the forecast is for rain. Yesterday I took advantage of the good weather and went out in the garden. The length of another border is completed but I intend to widen it...in the New Year when hopefully the muscle of DS2 will be available. I'm taking care of my body now in the run up to Christmas, don't want to risk missing the family gathering.
Today, a bit of housework plus ticking off a little admin and some odd jobs which may include picture etc hanging. So far, everything is still on the walls.
I'm sorry to hear of your 'escapade', grandMattie. Do keep a close eye on yourself and maybe float it past the doc if you don't feel your usual self soon?
The best possible day to you all.

hollysteers Wed 15-Dec-21 09:39:07

Good morning Mick and all from a mild sunny northwest coast.
Hardly in these days, so looking forward to a day at home tomorrow when I can tidy up and do a little more towards Xmas. A friend has printed off my hand drawn cards and I’m very grateful for that. Off to another music practice with my little band. Yesterday was the last meeting before Xmas at the Tuesday music club and went well. I sang the Coventry Carol,one of my favourites, Santa Baby and read The Oxen by Thomas Hardy amongst other things.
Thoughts to grannySomerset marydoll gingster and anyone with worries.
Will read through later.

Urmstongran Wed 15-Dec-21 09:32:12

Here’s Matt.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 15-Dec-21 09:31:19

Marydoll please be careful ??

EV I have just had crumpets for breakfast with lashings of butter mmmmm!

Gingster I hope your DD feels better having spent the night in her own home and bed

GrannySomerset Wed 15-Dec-21 09:28:59

Must be something in the air as I woke up feeling distinctly past my sell-by date and feel great sympathy with Marydoll and grandMattie. A mug of tea and a handful of assorted pills are helping, and I can have an easy day - run through for Sunday’s Carol service and a visit from the chiropodist.

Visiting DH is now by pre-booked named person which is a minor inconvenience. I am glad his nursing home is being meticulous but feel sorry for residents with more than three relatives who would like/have the chance to visit over Christmas. At least there shouldn’t be a repeat of the rampant infection which happened earlier in the pandemic.

grandMattie Wed 15-Dec-21 09:21:40

I’m sorry. I’ve been so full of my own problems that I haven’t commented personally to your joys and sorrow. I shall mention two…
Marydoll, you do that my dear. We have spoiled our husbands to our own detriment. Be as much #lazygran as possible. Hope all is well for little Dollie.
Ash, how exciting for you both. Give oldD my regards.
Be assured that even if I don’t mention you in particular I DO think about you, sharing your lives with us. ❤️

LauraNorderr Wed 15-Dec-21 09:19:48

Coming through Urms loud and clear.. Roger..