Gransnet forums

Chat

Cruising in January Should we stay or should we go? . Opinions please

(79 Posts)
Grammajules Wed 22-Dec-21 14:09:12

We are booked on a cruise to America and Hawaii in Jan for 3 weeks with friends.
We booked in March this year, maybe naively..
We are all triple jabbed and in our sixties. We met last week to discuss options due to the current situation. Still going at the moment. Yes, we could postpone but have to pay half the holiday again.
All healthy but now worrying about going. It is not just the loss of the money primarily, but the stress of all the necessary tests and forms and the hassle and potential consequence of testing positive over there. Any thoughts?

BlueBelle Wed 29-Dec-21 16:57:30

I can’t think of anything worse than being stuck ill on a boatful of people or even being stuck on a boat well but with others ill

MissAdventure Wed 29-Dec-21 19:05:21

A rough crossing to the Isles of Scilly put me off that idea once and for all.

Maggiemaybe Wed 29-Dec-21 19:50:04

I wouldn't go at the moment. But then I don't feel inclined to book any foreign travel in the near future. Not so much because of any health risks involved, but because we like our holidays to be relaxing and spontaneous and full of new experiences, and I just don't think that's compatible with wearing masks, booking everything in advance and having to think about curfews, form-filling, constant testing and possible rule changes.

Cruising has its own additional risks, as posters have said.