Gransnet forums

Chat

?? Come to my Shindig!??

(73 Posts)
FannyCornforth Wed 19-Jan-22 09:45:58

You are Cordially Invited to my Birthday Party!

I am now of sufficient age to officially join Gransnet; I of course await my laminated membership card; car sticker; an copy of the much loved Talk Guidelines

Said party will be held at Tarn Castle, located on the southern shore of Loch Ness; or if not, at The Panther, located just down the road, opposite the hairdressers.
(Both premises are dog friendly, many of you will be glad to hear ?)

Bring Your Own Bottle (the hallmark of a good booze up); squeeze of your choice smile; and, of course Fancy Dress is mandatory!

So, crucially, what will you be wearing and who will you bringing?
(I am not imposing a no-pressie policy btw)

I haven’t quite decided yet…
(Do you remember when you used to talk endlessly with your best mate about what you were going to wear on a night out?)

Please do join me! ??

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 19-Jan-22 11:47:00

Exclusive event…

Josieann Wed 19-Jan-22 11:51:57

Happy birthday! Seeing as dogs are allowed I might drop in.

Squiffy Wed 19-Jan-22 12:36:58

Happy Birthday Fanny! Am I allowed to cheat and come to the party, please? I had to go to a family funeral on my real birthday. I don't know who I'd bring, but I can provide some of my legendary Nourishing Soup to restore guests when they are flagging a bit!

dustyangel Wed 19-Jan-22 12:51:24

Happy Birthday Fanny, I’ve been racking my brain trying to work out what this illustrious age can be but I guess it means that you’re over 30 at last. Both Dd1 and her husband have birthdays this week so it’s obviously a very good time of year for good people to be born! If I can’t borrow a very warm coat I’ll send you some sun instead as that garden which looks fabulous might need warming up this time of year. Enjoy your special day. ??

Serendipity22 Wed 19-Jan-22 13:02:30

Happy birthday to you x

ElaineI Wed 19-Jan-22 13:12:19

Happy Birthday Fanny! Will drop in when we are on way to Pitlochry ?
Have you made your rules and do you understand them ?

BridgetPark Wed 19-Jan-22 13:13:02

Happy Birthday Fanny, love reading your posts. How wonderful to have a birthday party, in these covid times.
I was wondering if I could bring a male person as my plus 1 ?He is suddenly relieved of his diary appointments for the rest of the forseeable, his name is Boris, what do you think?

Grannynannywanny Wed 19-Jan-22 13:14:57

Wishing you a very happy birthday Fanny ? ? ?

monk08 Wed 19-Jan-22 13:19:36

Happy birthday Fanny ??

dragonfly46 Wed 19-Jan-22 13:22:21

Happy Birthday Fanny.

grandtanteJE65 Wed 19-Jan-22 13:26:44

Happy Birthday. Give Nessie my love if you see her!

Callistemon21 Wed 19-Jan-22 20:16:24

ready and waiting to Strip the Willow

Ooh, I love Strip the Willow, Cherrytree!

That's probably the last time I danced, stripping the willow at the village hall.
That's probably what buggered my knee!

Who's that snoring under the table?

Callistemon21 Wed 19-Jan-22 20:17:42

Apologies all, it's the dog wot I brought snoring away.

Marydoll Wed 19-Jan-22 20:23:05

Happy Birthday, Fanny!

Kalu, may I cadge a lift? The Professor has agreed to accompany me, he has ditched the floosie for a more experienced lady (me). wink

PS, I was once thrown out of the Scottish Country Dancing class in my convent school. I mistakenly thought the dance was called Strip the Widow blush

Galaxy Wed 19-Jan-22 20:24:26

Ah Happy Birthday Fanny, I will come, you are very honoured as I am incredibly grumpy/lazy and try to avoid going anywhere grin

Sweetpeasue Wed 19-Jan-22 20:27:10

A very Happy Birthday Fanny. ??‍♀️?

JaneJudge Wed 19-Jan-22 20:30:20

Happy Birthday Fanny smile

mokryna Wed 19-Jan-22 20:36:27

Bon Anniversaire Fanny ?? ? ?
Have a lovely time.

Doodle Wed 19-Jan-22 20:41:06

Fanny Happy Birthday ? ???
How lovely to be invited to your party. I am on my way.
I did want to bring Thor, the barman from the Argy but unfortunately our llama Alarma (little madam) got wind of it and insisted in coming with me.
We are bringing poteen I am wearing tartan. Will be with you as soon as my broomstick has landed.

kittylester Wed 19-Jan-22 20:52:33

Many happy returns fanny. I'm in my pjs - may I still come?

brook2704 Wed 19-Jan-22 21:06:15

Whooo hooo a very Happy Birthday Fanny! ?????
It’s just down the road from me and I’ll be there in a flash
An Argy night out - how brilliant!

Georgesgran Wed 19-Jan-22 23:49:03

Just squeezed in before last orders/lock in! Happy Birthday Fanny. ?

FannyCornforth Thu 20-Jan-22 05:12:35

Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes!
You really are a lovely lot! ♥️

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 20-Jan-22 06:08:23

Belated Birthday Greeting Fanny don’t know why this didn’t pop up yesterday.

I’m still on my way up to you, will the party still be going? Hopefully it’s a 3 day (at least) bash, cos I’m bringing my insulated yurt and the stove is proving to be difficult to carry.

Hitch hiking isn’t much fun when your old……and the bottles I’m bringing do tend to clank a bit.

Feelingmyage55 Thu 20-Jan-22 06:52:55

I’m still here. Been dozing in a corner. Will finish off this wine then totter home. Happy happy birthday.?