Gransnet forums

Chat

Present wrapping

(8 Posts)
Patsy70 Thu 20-Jan-22 18:14:09

I’m all for recyclable wrapping paper, and have used newspaper in the past, with colourful ribbon. Much of the gift wrap isn’t recyclable. Always good to hear of new ideas Sallywally1.

Serendipity22 Thu 20-Jan-22 18:07:09

Oooooooo Sallywally that sounds a RING-A-ME-DING idea .... I LOVE wrapping presents and titillating it up to look extra exciting.

Clever you, i will remember that because i have a disposable gold tablecloth that i use at Christmas time and for my yearly soiree ( Mrs Bucket )

Jane71 Thu 20-Jan-22 17:30:10

Thats a lovely idea Sally.. We usually use brown paper but I'll try and use that where appropriate.

silverlining48 Thu 20-Jan-22 15:35:28

Cotton Tea towels or scarves work well too, and can be reused.

Sallywally1 Thu 20-Jan-22 15:25:00

The table cloth was a disposable paper one btw

Sallywally1 Thu 20-Jan-22 15:19:28

I thought of that but it’s only a small shop. In the past we have wrapt presents with brown paper and then stuck stars on them that looked lovely.

Any other good ideas?

Josieann Thu 20-Jan-22 15:08:00

Very clever, Sallywally1.
If the supermarket doesn't have any wrapping paper try going to the stationary aisle where they usually have brown parcel paper. I decorate it myself using felt tip pens.

Sallywally1 Thu 20-Jan-22 15:04:18

I had a good idea today. It’s three year old grandaughter’s birthday and I had three presents to wrap by this afternoon. Consternation! No wrapping paper at all in Sainsbury, but they did have a nice, fairly thick table cloth with some nice Beas in it (significant) which I cut up and used. They look quite nice and I think better than ordinary wrapping paper.

Wasn’t that clever of me!