Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 22nd January 2022

(67 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 22-Jan-22 06:00:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its dry out here in brackley this morning .
Today , my plans are to go to Bicester via Buckingham ,and see how the scenery is changing with rail construction work.
I will have my usual Breakfast bap , which will see me through until later, when I will get a Chinese Take Away .
Take Care,
Mick

EllanVannin Sat 22-Jan-22 09:24:35

Fanny, you've been through the mill somewhat by the sound of things, poor you. I hope you get sorted one way or t'other.

Another titter at the Marydoll household. I can't imagine how my dad would have fared with a mobile phone, mum would definitely have choked him grin

muse Sat 22-Jan-22 09:35:27

Good morning Mick and all Morningsters. Hope that ear has settled down Mick.
Dry here today in mid Cornwall.
Painting all finished but I will give all surfaces a good polish now.
Lins ???. Lovely news
Take care all ??

baubles Sat 22-Jan-22 09:42:36

Good morning Mick, morning all from cloudy South Lanarkshire.

I adore marmalade Mattie, yours sounds delicious.

No sign yet of snowdrops hereabouts Gingster. They are such hopeful wee flowers, peeping up through the snow, that garden sounds beautiful.

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your new granddaughter Lins.

Marydoll I haven’t exactly the same struggles with my DH, the only difference is that he has had a hearing test and in fact has perfectly good aids gathering dust in the drawer. He doesn’t wear them because he can feel them in his ears! Sometimes I feel myself getting up to High Doh with his thrawnness.

Nannytopsy pre pandemic some of us ‘ladies of a certain age’ were setting up a craft group and deciding on a name, sadly my suggestion of Crafty Crones met with disapproval. grin

Meeting friends for lunch today. This will be the first time we’ve eaten out for ages.

Wishing everyone a good day. ??

harrigran Sat 22-Jan-22 09:52:26

Good morning from a sunny NE.
DS and family are coming this afternoon and my sister will bring my shopping too.
Slept badly again, still wide awake at 2am, serves me right for having an afternoon nap.
I spent hours going through paperwork, DH never threw anything away, there were piles of leaflets for tree surgeons and gardeners and we don't have that kind of garden any more hmm
Congratulations on the new baby.

BlueBalou Sat 22-Jan-22 10:03:43

Good morning all, just back from an hour’s walk with DDog, it’s just above freezing but a lovely sunrise.
DH put the grocery delivery in the kitchen so I’ve put it all away, fed DDog and made a coffee before making a cheesecake (didn’t have enough cream cheese yesterday).
Many sympathies from me Marydoll, I’m sure I have splintered my teeth from gritting them so many times! I bought my ‘new’ car recently all on my own because I couldn’t face DH’s indecision and faffing around. His contribution was to tell me to go round as many car dealerships as possible before making up my mind- he didn’t listen to the fact that I had spent several months before deciding exactly what car I wanted ?
Hope you all have a peaceful weekend x

Grandmadinosaur Sat 22-Jan-22 10:03:52

A late good morning from East Yorkshire where it is icy but a we have a beautiful bright blue sky.

Congratulations to Lins and family on the arrival of a granddaughter.

Grandmattie a busy bee with the marmalade. I never was a fan until a couple of years ago my DIL bought me some back from The Lake District. It was a Sangria version and was delicious. I looked online if I could buy more but wasn’t able to find any.

Interesting to hear about the Renfe trains Urms we often use them when out there. A much more pleasant experience then at home.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the right result in the East Midlands derby at lunchtime. Emotions will be running higher than usual with the current goings on for the Rams. COYR
I’m torn between staying in to watch or going out for a stroll along a seafront not too far away. Can’t go to the coast tomorrow as DH team are playing so no contest for him ?

Take care everyone.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 22-Jan-22 10:07:15

Good Morning from now thawed out Harrogate - did try to ost 2 hours ago, but somehow it didn't work.
Congratulations Lins a new baby in the family.
Gosh you have been busy Fanny hopefully you'll get yourself sorted out one way or another.
What Bettys are you coffeeing at Pantglas didn't know there was one in Llandudno?
Marydoll the only reason my DH has an up to date phone is I made him get it. It is paired to his watch, so when I see him talking to his watch I do know he is answering his phone. Today it seems I have to do more baking on order from DH.
You are brave Grandmattie making all that marmalade in your pressure cooker. My last attempt at anything in the pressure cooker ended when it slightly exploded, causing a dent in the ceiling and a mess in the kitchen. Haven't dared do anything since, in fact I got rid of it after that.
Keep safe everyone and have the best day you can!

Marydoll Sat 22-Jan-22 10:08:36

Baubles, thrawn was a word my mother used frequently. It is so descriptive!

luluaugust Sat 22-Jan-22 10:10:15

Good morning from a grey W Kent. Three GC for the day so happy to have them all in the house again LFTs done all round.
Good wishes to all

hulahoop Sat 22-Jan-22 10:13:29

Congratulations Linsa new addition to the world enjoy your cuddles?

EkwaNimitee Sat 22-Jan-22 10:33:03

Good morning, Mick and everyone from a rather grey Carlisle. I gave my posterior a kicking after breakfast and went for a walk, one of my rather nebulous new year resolutions. It does lift the spirits, getting a bit of fresh air and exercise.
harrigran, my DH never threw any paperwork away either. I inherited decades of it and much of it had been irrelevant for decades too. I thought I would burn out the shredder getting rid of it. A good wet day job.
Only little jobs planned for today, I have reading to catch up with. My back tells me to stay out of the garden...I was planting shrubs yesterday. I can't spend hours in it every day like I used to.
Congratulations on your new granddaughter Lins and pleased to see some positive health news Fanny, getting the new year off to a good start.
Have an enjoyable weekend everyone.

Blossoming Sat 22-Jan-22 11:42:53

Good morning Mick and everybody. I’m late this morning after a late night. Grey skies and light showers in my corner of Lancashire this morning, it’s a bit milder currently 7°C. My plan for today is physio exercises and a walk after lunch.

Wishing you all the best possible day. May all those with worries find some comfort and all who are under the weather find some relief. ?

GrannyGravy13 Sat 22-Jan-22 11:44:05

Just revisited this thread and noticed that my good morning post had not appeared?

So here goes…

Morning Mick and all

The sun is shining, the sky is blue but there is a definite nip in the air. My back is still sore, so some gentle exercises and stretches are on the cards.

Congratulations to you and your family on the arrival of your new GC Lins ?

We love Hyde Hall Gingster as do the GC

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Blossoming Sat 22-Jan-22 11:48:24

Congratulations Lins, she sounds a decent healthy weight. Enjoy your cuddles later flowers

CherryCezzy Sat 22-Jan-22 14:13:15

Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter Lins ?. Enjoy your first cwtches x

Pantglas2 Sat 22-Jan-22 14:27:17

Popping back to say how lovely Lins a granddaughter to cuddle....? there’s nothing quite like a baby to put a ? on the whole weekend is there!

Wish it had been a ‘proper’ Betty’s AGA Gwen, rather than a tea shop in neighbouring town which just happens to be named after a previous owner!

The Fat Rascals we had in Harrogate last summer and York before Christmas were so filling I could only eat a half at a time!