Gransnet forums

Chat

Camilla-Queen Consort?

(784 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Calendargirl Sat 22-Jan-22 09:38:51

Been discussed before, I know, but in the DT today, it seems that support for this to be the Duchess of Cornwall’s title in the fullness of time is ever more likely.

I, for one, would be pleased to see this happen. Princess Consort would be a silly title for the wife of the King.

I have never thought Charles will allow his beloved wife to hold an inferior title.

Anniebach Mon 21-Feb-22 12:09:20

The present Irish President was put forward for the election by
the Labour Party

Beswitched Mon 21-Feb-22 12:29:21

Yes but as Pres he is a apolitical and not allowed to interfere with or comment publicly on Government policy.

volver Mon 21-Feb-22 12:40:23

Ladyleftfieldlover

The last three Irish Presidents have been good. I can’t remember their names but two of them were women.

Mary McAleese and Mary Robinson.

Both did excellent work as Presidents of their country, as did Nelson Mandela whom I mentioned above.

I do believe that people think any president would either be a direct replacement for the Monarch, with the same responsibilities, or a Head of Government like Biden or Macron. Neither of which is true, of course.

Grantanow Mon 21-Feb-22 15:19:46

I just don't care. They already live such incredibly privileged lives that one fancy title or another is neither here nor there. We need to focus on things that matter like NATO, the cost of living, Covid and getting rid of BJ as PM.

Mollygo Mon 21-Feb-22 23:00:40

Grantanow Good idea. Whatever Camilla is called won’t make any difference to the important matters you mention.

Jaxie Fri 25-Feb-22 16:00:32

Can I draw our attention to the gruesome people, commentators on royalty, who appear on tv programmes mostly fawning but often coming out with nonsense that is pure supposition. It must pay quite well to talk tripe about people who can’t defend themselves. PS: I am a republican.

Anniebach Sat 26-Feb-22 11:08:47

Agree Jaxie they even tell us what the family are thinking

varian Tue 12-Apr-22 17:50:23

Grantanow

I just don't care. They already live such incredibly privileged lives that one fancy title or another is neither here nor there. We need to focus on things that matter like NATO, the cost of living, Covid and getting rid of BJ as PM.

I agree. With today's revelations, how do you think we can get rid of BJ?