Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 25th January 2022

(50 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 25-Jan-22 05:56:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark ,and also dry here in Brackley this morning.
My usual day of going to Bicester, for a coffee and snack plus small shop.
I had a missed call from my surgery last night , so await a call this morning.
Take Care,
Mick

Pantglas2 Tue 25-Jan-22 06:07:42

Morning Mick from a quiet and dark north Wales- another early start on the chamberpot ☕️ ? as Mr PG is again availing himself of facilities at our local hospital - a scan for him and a trot around the Range and TKMaxx for poor ole me.....?!

Will pop in later and check on all in sick bay ?and hope those worries about their offspring Gingster Harrigran are eased x

Hope Urms doesn’t forget to pack ??????? in her carry-on tomorrow.....

BlueBalou Tue 25-Jan-22 06:11:08

Good morning Mick, how is your ear now? I hope it’s healing well.
Off to the hairdresser first thing then back to tidy up before the financial advisor guy comes for our review (nothing exciting unfortunately!). I also have a new washing machine arriving sometime today, I hope John Lewis will give me some idea when!
Apart from walking DDog nothing else planned.
Have a nice day?

Kim19 Tue 25-Jan-22 06:23:25

Hello Mick! Still wondering if you've tried your local pub with the new owners? Today would be a good one as many people will be toasting Robert Burns and I've found it's not necessary to be Scots to do so! Any excuse will do. I'm cosy here in bed looking forward to a coffee outing with a friend and hopefully a bit of garden tidying if the temperature is kind. Hope everyone who follows finds their own highlight of the day. Cheers!

grandMattie Tue 25-Jan-22 06:34:54

Good morning from a cold E Kent. It is snowing in Athens apparently!
Happy Burns day to our Scottish friends.
Made a whole load of marmalade yesterday. I hope that 80 pots will last me the year, enough to give away. Mr gM used to eat a pot a week but now has peanut butter and jelly (quince or red currant) most days.
I was amused yesterday evening when one of the questions on “The Chase”, was “what bird is a flamboyance a collective noun for”…
Cold pork in/with something for dinner.
Hope today is kind to everyone. Carpe diem. ????☀️?

Gagagran Tue 25-Jan-22 06:35:39

Good Morning everyone from a 2.9c south coast. Still dry and dark but slowly getting a bit lighter both early morning and late afternoon. I hate the dark so am pleased to see that!

Afternoon tea with my WI at a local hotel this afternoon. They have a 2 for 1 offer on and we decided that was too good an offer to miss and a little highlight to get through January. It always seems such a long and hard month after the festive season.

Enjoy your browse round the shops Pant and hope the new washing machine arrives at a convenient time and is soon put to work BlueBalou. Wonder if your surgery has seen all our messages about your ear Mick? Cheers Kim and have a good Burns night!

Wishing everyone a good day sunshine

Hope the day is a good one for us all

Scentia Tue 25-Jan-22 06:35:49

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is still dark and could be freezing, I haven’t looked outside!
Off on Nanna duties shortly and as DGS had a tummy bug yesterday there will be no playgroup so we have a full day to plan!
Take care everyone and stay safe ❤️

Gagagran Tue 25-Jan-22 06:37:37

Morning Mattie - the marmalade queen! I have just had some for breakfast and thought of you!

Beechnut Tue 25-Jan-22 06:43:00

Good Morning from a dark and dry Severnside.

Some pottering today, nothing exciting. I have given up on my swimming for a few weeks as I’d rather go early morning and right now I don’t fancy going out into the cold.

I popped round to see my neighbour yesterday but couldn’t make them hear. Perhaps they were having an after lunch nap.

My sister in law sent me a parcel at the beginning of January. It hasn’t arrived so yesterday I tracked it and found it’s been doing a merry dance of airports over North America.

Make the most of your last warm day Urm and have a good day all ??

Alizarin Tue 25-Jan-22 06:44:39

Good morning from an overcast, very mild south Cornwall. Allotment knitters' group this afternoon at a community cafe on the sea front. This morning more painting; thinking I may add some collage. Reading The Year of Living Danishly by Helen Russell. Entertaining. Last night this pic of four-year-old polystyrene sculptor arrived. Bless him. Have the best day you can.

baubles Tue 25-Jan-22 07:04:31

Good morning Mick, morning all from dark and cool South Lanarkshire

I had a very broken night so I’m rather groggy this morning.

This is my first day running things by myself with a couple of volunteers and I must confess to being more than a little nervous but I’m sure they will keep me right.

I’ll catch up with everyone’s busyness this evening.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Sar53 Tue 25-Jan-22 07:11:50

Good morning from Essex by the sea where it is very cold ?.
I've had a bad night's sleep ?, lots going round in my brain.
I had a lovely long walk with a new local group yesterday, hopefully I will meet up with them again soon.
Nothing much planned today.
Have a pleasant Tuesday everyone xx

Grandmadinosaur Tue 25-Jan-22 07:12:16

Good morning from East Yorkshire where it is 1 degree, dark but dry.

Coffee morning today which I look forward to. Maybe a quick trip to Aldi then a couple of calls to make and GS after school.

Wishing the Scottish grans a Happy Burns night. I may join you all in a tot of whisky this evening! It is also my nephews 21st Birthday today. Where did the years go!

Thoughts to all with worries over family.

Take care everyone.

Jaxjacky Tue 25-Jan-22 07:15:04

Good morning all, 2deg in S Hants.
I’ve a busy day, DD has scratched her eye and needs a hospital trip, I’m on standby for the school run, complicated by grandson awaiting PCR result. Two friends coming for lunch today as well.
May your Tuesday go well ???

Ashcombe Tue 25-Jan-22 07:16:07

Good morning from another still morning in Torbay.

The highlight of yesterday was a text from my DGD announcing, “I AM NEGATIVE THIS MORNING!!!!!!”
She was so excited to be resuming her normal life soon after 10 days at home.

No change in DD1, who is still running a temperature after nearly two weeks with pericarditis following her booster vaccination. Her discomfort isn’t helped by the heat of summer weather in Australia although their home has air conditioning.

I have a telephone appointment with one of the practice pharmacists this morning. Another round in the battle to lower my BP.

A super photo, Alizarin; he looks completely absorbed! I wonder if there’s a collective noun for all that marmalade, grandMattie?! Enjoy your afternoon tea, Gagagran. (I love special deals!) How frustrating about the US mail, Beechnut!
Mick has us all wondering about his ear; no news is good news, perhaps? You'll be fine, baubles but worrying is what many of us seem more prone to these days, with things always feeling worse in the night.

Have a good day, everyone and here’s a flamboyance………..
???????????????

dragonfly46 Tue 25-Jan-22 07:16:47

Good morning from dark Leicestershire.

More tidying yesterday. Not much planned today except a visit from the cleaners.

Hoping everyone has a good day.

Grandmabatty Tue 25-Jan-22 07:22:20

Good morning all from Polmont. 5° at the moment and still pitch dark outside. It looks dry. Baubles good luck today. Alizarin your little Rodin is very cute! Enjoy your shop wander Pantsglas and your afternoon tea Gagagran.
Yesterday was fun. Dgs1 has chicken pox so couldn't go to playgroup. Dd fetched up at my house with both boys. It was lovely to see them all. My living room was turned into stepping stones in the sea and then a chute and then a race track. Dd nipped to Tesco as dgs2 fell asleep and she was out the door five minutes and he woke crying. At that, dgs1 needed the toilet. So a howling baby on my hip and helping a toddler pee was a highlight!
Today I will visit the fish man, the first for a few weeks. Then take fish to dd and I'll see how chicken pox Charlie is. I'll find out how my lovely neighbours across the street is doing. She's in hospital at the moment but her son checks her mail etc. Have a good day all.

Pittcity Tue 25-Jan-22 07:32:56

Good morning from a dark, cold but dry Colchester. No rain in the forecast. Just put the rubbish out for the binmen and it's not too bad out.

Tuesday is charity shop volunteering day. I wouldn't want to be in charge Baubles. I do feel like a Mum to the managers though.
Must get dressed.
Love to all ??x

Grandmajean Tue 25-Jan-22 07:33:33

Good morning from Cheshire.
Bad night's sleep as struggled with a new knitting pattern late into the evening. Won't bore anyone with the details apart from the fact that the pattern is an American download and we aren't speaking the same Language !
Kind thoughts to all those worried or unwell.

Gingster Tue 25-Jan-22 07:40:12

Good morning all and it’s still very dark here in Essex.

DD had a fairly positive chat to the consultant yesterday.;. No chemo or radiotherapy needed but will await to hear from Southend Hospital regarding tablets or injections to hopefully get rid of last cancer cells . ?. She was happy with this outcome. She has stayed upbeat all the time. She told my DIL (who took her to the hospital yesterday) ‘ I don’t know what’s ‘wrong’ with me, I just don’t worry about it’ . ?. Thanks for all your kindly thoughts ?

Sar - worrying through the night is horrid. Try to get a nap in today. I’m glad you enjoyed your walk - so good for you and clears your head. ?

Hope your DD feels better soon Ash. ? the heat wouldn’t help her. ?

Jaxjacky - a scratched eye is so painful. I hope the hospital eases it for her. ?

Chrissylou thinking if your daughter. ?

What is happening with all our DD’s lately . So many poorly ones.

Alizirin lovely pic of your Gs. You can see how much he loves his work! ?.

Bridge club for me this afternoon. Our organiser can’t come today so I will go early and help set up.

School run and dog walk this morning.

Have a happy day, everyone! ❤️

Urmstongran Tue 25-Jan-22 07:44:11

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s our last day. We’ve had rain in the night. Two green feathered ducks are swimming in the communal pool. It’s nice to see it being used ha!

So a general tidy round and mopping of the floors is called for ... good job it’s Tuesday and I’ll be at LWW after my wash and blow appointment downstairs. I will leave Himself in charge. He loves a job.
#lazygranontour

Enjoy today all who can. x

Marydoll Tue 25-Jan-22 07:45:31

Good morning all from Glasgow, where its 6°C.
Mick, I would be tempted to phone my surgery, rather than wait in all day for them to call. You wouldn't want to miss another call, if you go out.

Pants, you are such a tease! TKMaxx and the Range in one day? I hope your DH's goes well.
Baubles, did your day, in ​the new job go well yesterday?

We are off out sharpish to Braehead to pick up table lamps, which we ordered and paid for at the beginning of December. I had given up on them ever coming back in stock.
​DH had offered to go for a coffee, while I have a mooch in M&S, my vouchers are burning a hole in my pocket! ?
Unfortunately, as usual, he forgot and also booked a slot for the tip today, (after another session in the nuclear bunker), which he will not change. ?
Now I will need to race (if only I could ?) around Marks.
I am becoming increasingly worried at how forgetful, he is becoming. Of course, he is in denial that anything is a miss.

I was looking forward very much, to getting out, after months of feeling so unwell and being stuck in, apart from medical appointments. ?

Hoping that those in the sick bay are improving and that the daughters and DILs, who are going through such difficult times, have a bearable day, with as little pain and distress as possible.
Praying that all the mums on our lovely thread, find the strength, physical and emotional to support their families. It's so hard to see our loved ones struggling and in pain. ?

Grandmabatty, I hope you are beginning to feel better, after having that awful virus.

Off to read about the comings and goings. I may be back, once I have caught up with you all.

Have the best day you can, everyone.

kittylester Tue 25-Jan-22 07:47:17

Good morning from a slightly lighter North Leicestershire.

I almost got to the bottom of my list yesterday but 3 more things slipped in overnight whole I wasn't looking.

I had a fabulous singing lesson yesterday. Not sure I'm any better at it but the teacher is lovely and making me feel so much better about my abilities (or lack of) She is also starting a community choir in the village which will be brilliant!!

Lunch out with some old friends today and DS2 is coming for a meal and to watch the football on TV this evening.

Have the best day possible everyone!

Stilllearning Tue 25-Jan-22 07:49:01

Morning everyone still dark outside but I can hear querulous children so I’ll continue to sip my tea in my bedroom at DD’s where I stay overnight after my post school childminding, driving home in the dark is out for me now

Home later and I’ll be handing in a 70th birthday card and gift to the Mr half of my lovely neighbours who were outstandingly good to me during lockdown. Small kindnesses made such a difference then to so many of us.

If you’re reading this later baubles, I hope your first day in charge went well, I’m sure it did.

Well SiL has just left for work and my conscience is pricking me, I think I’ll go and lend a hand!

Hope you get your call from your doctor sorted out Mick and wishing everyone the best of days ???

brook2704 Tue 25-Jan-22 07:51:12

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s just getting light and looks dry.
That’s sounds like some better news for your DD gingster she sounds like such a brave and upbeat lady
Today I’m going to my Fitsteps dance class and then having coffee with some ladies from the class afterwards
Lovely picture Alizarin thanks for sharing
Hoping your DD starts to feel better soon Ash it must be a worry but it’s great news about your DGD - out at last!
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?