Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 25th January 2022

(51 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 25-Jan-22 05:56:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark ,and also dry here in Brackley this morning.
My usual day of going to Bicester, for a coffee and snack plus small shop.
I had a missed call from my surgery last night , so await a call this morning.
Take Care,
Mick

EllanVannin Tue 25-Jan-22 15:26:58

Well, no phone-call up to now and I'm not the best at waiting either because you can bet your life as soon as I get stuck in to something, it'll ring.
My own fault in a way because United Utilities had left a voice mail so that they could take payment as it was due 4 or 5 days ago.
I refuse to phone them with their press this that and the other then having to repeat my request to someone else, it drives me mad. If they don't want their/ my money, blow 'em grin

Sorry to learn that your DD's still under the weather Ashcombe and being so far away too sad Hope things improve for her.
Also other D's and DiL's who've been struggling. Mum's to the rescue, eh ? It's still worrying though.

Needless to say I've achieved nothing so far today, except some "shovelling up" after old Tom, which is a task and a half on growing grass ! Then buckets of water. I've been praying for either a hard frost or a drenching of rain grin I feel as though I've done this all my life with working at the hospital-----only the circumstances differ.

Plain and simple sausage egg and chips for tea today, using the sausage I got and had yesterday with mash and onion gravy. Normally I'd get a haggis from M&S but forgot.

The time does seem to fly by lately, I don't know why, but it's better than being bored and clock-watching. I just wish the weather was a bit brighter, it would make a difference.

Another good laugh at Matt, Urms. Safe journey for tomorrow. It's gone so quickly since I last " spied " on your journey out grin

Anyway, stay safe everyone and take care xx

EllanVannin Tue 25-Jan-22 11:16:20

Good Morning All x.
Another grey day, not nice at all and it went so cold yesterday that I had to put the heating on at 3pm instead of 5. My fingers now are like icicles, but I'll run them under the hot tap in a minute.

I haven't read any posts yet as I'm waiting for a phone-call and can't put my mind to anything , but will catch up. In the meantime I've just been flitting in and out and with one eye on the news at the same time. I can be quite versatile grin

Will return as soon as possible so for the time being hope all are well xx

hulahoop Tue 25-Jan-22 10:59:18

Happy burns day to all that celebrate it. We are just getting ready for the funeral of our very good friend who used to be a neighbour so nothing else to say this morning .Take care all ?

Blossoming Tue 25-Jan-22 10:20:26

Good morning Mick and everybody. Grey and misty in my corner of Lancashire this morning, currently 2°C. It was very cold this morning and I didn’t want to leave my comfy duvet nest. A cup of tea, courtesy of Mr. B, a scan through today’s ‘Inside Politics’ and today’s Wordle got me started nicely. Showered, dressed, bedroom tidied and I’m ready to go.

Wishing you all the best possible day. May all those with worries find some comfort and all who are under the weather find some relief. ?

Urmstongran Tue 25-Jan-22 09:52:04

grandMattie ?

henetha Tue 25-Jan-22 09:48:10

It's still overcast and grey here in south Devon. After days and days of being in I am determined to go out today. I've eaten all the leftovers so need to forage for food today.

monk08 Tue 25-Jan-22 09:40:19

Good morning from a cloudy Black country.
What joy spotted first snowdrop of the year when opening the curtains.
Busy on here as usual 41 posts already, so will read them with a nice cuppa.
Wishing a Happy Burns night to our Scottish grans. Enjoy your Tuesday and may you all find some ?.

grandMattie Tue 25-Jan-22 09:27:32

Urmstongran

grandMattie ask ‘Alexa’ to play ‘peanut butter and jelly’. L’il Miss used to ask for it last summer. She knew all the words (and actions). It’s actually very cheery - but I warn you, it is an ear worm!

I don't have Alexa -Philip told me it spied on us and refused to have it himself...
Please!!! NO earworms. Dh is constantly singing, he sings all the time, it can be very wearing. the downside is that he gives me permanent earworms. Don't need any more, thanks!

GrannySomerset Tue 25-Jan-22 09:21:37

Grey here but a bit less chilly I think. After the excitement of yesterday’s visit from young relatives with delicious three month old baby today is more admin and a small shop. Finding I have to keep chasing people who promise to come back to me with information which is really irritating.

Off shopping with my kind neighbours shortly, then another admin session. What joy!

Serendipity22 Tue 25-Jan-22 09:17:13

Good morning everyone from a foggy Yorkshire, I havent put my nose out of the door as yet and don't intend to till I'm dressed .... brrrrrrrr.

Last night we went out for a Chinese to celebrate my DD birthday, last of the 30's whoaaaaaaa.

The head waiter offered to play HAPPY BIRTHDAY over the speakers, my DD face almost turned red as she said NOOOOOO haaaaa, so we all ( 8 of us ) sang happy birthday quietly haaa..... it was almost whispered !!

Today ! Well, i am taking my poorly sewing machine to the repair shop. Then myself and Mr S are going to a lovely cafe that looks onto the river for lunch ( sandwich etc )

The rest of the day is unplanned, considering my sewing machine will be in for repair, a question mark hangs over what to do after lunch...... i cant sit and watch TV during the day, its just a NO, NO.

Enjoy your day everyone.

smilesmilesmilesmile

harrigran Tue 25-Jan-22 09:16:34

Good morning from the NE where we have a harsh frost.
Slept better last night, after a week of fitful sleep I was shattered.
I had a really lazy day, mostly watched TV but did wash a pile of towels, had to as my poorly toe dripped blood all over the bathroom.
DIL had an interview last week and we are waiting to hear whether she has got the job, she does so much and still finds time to visit me twice a week.
No word from DD about scan, she should be back in Brussels now but can't travel until she knows what she is dealing with.
Take care everyone.

Susan56 Tue 25-Jan-22 09:06:19

Good morning from Shropshire.

My absolute worst this afternoon, a trip to the dentist?just a check up,no problems at the moment but by the time he has finished prodding my teeth I will no doubt have aching teeth tonight?

On the plus side the dentist is in Shrewsbury so we plan to go shopping afterwards then home for vegetarian haggis.

Hope all appointments go well and thoughts with all unwell or with unwell family members.Glad you’re daughter is happy with the treatment plan Gingster.My daughter would call her a warrior woman??????

Take care everyone and stay safe??

Alygran Tue 25-Jan-22 09:03:54

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Another grey start but it might brighten up later.
I bought some new bedroom curtains yesterday and started to put them up but can’t find my spare hooks anywhere so I’ll have to pop back to town this morning. The hooks are sewn into the current ones as they were made to measure.
Have a good day everyone.

muse Tue 25-Jan-22 08:45:58

Good morning Mick and Morningsters
Thank you for the flamboyances ?*Ashcombe*. ? I need plenty today. Yesterday was peaks and troughs. A good night’s sleep has helped. DS rang with mixed news but he sounded far more positive about DGD2.
Very grey mid Cornish day today.

Hope your SiL’s journey to Australia is without problems GrandmaSeaDragon. I haven’t read GM everyday but sorry to see he had sad news.
?????? for everyone.

Georgesgran Tue 25-Jan-22 08:45:39

Good morning from Durham where it’s Baltic (our printable word for very cold!)
Babysat DGS2 yesterday afternoon - he’s a delight, I never thought he’d be here and such a shame that DH couldn’t stay to see him. I don’t want to upset DD2, but he has his Grandad’s eyes.
Pavers have finally arrived today - the Boss always has an excuse and can’t hang around today as his wife’s in labour - suppose I couldn’t argue with that one!
Lunch out with two old colleagues later, followed by a chiropody appointment.
Have a good day and keep warm if you’re North of Watford!

Anniebach Tue 25-Jan-22 08:41:12

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Lins1066 Tue 25-Jan-22 08:40:56

Good morning Mick and all from a cold, cloudy corner of the S Welsh coast.
Didn't get to sleep until 3am so feeling a bit ropey.
Fish man calls on a Tuesday.
DS is sending lots of photos of our dgd on the family WhatsApp, can't wait to see her again.
Glad to hear of your dd's positive consultant visit Gingster.
Hope your dd feels better soon Ash.
Enjoy your last day in sunny Spain Urm.
Wishing you all as good a day as possible.

NannyJan53 Tue 25-Jan-22 08:38:33

Good morning from a very dull and grey Black Country.

I had a hearing test booked at Audiology yesterday afternoon. I have not had one for 5 years, so they decided I needed one. So I duly arrived to be told it had been cancelled! Apparently they had rung the landline that morning, but I didn't hear it! grin Said they left a message, but I didn't know we had that facility. They usually communicate via my mobile.

Today, a short walk with a friend, then lunch in a cafe or pub.

Wishing you all a good and safe day.

Beauregard Tue 25-Jan-22 08:27:36

Good morning from a dull looking Derbyshire at the moment, although the forecast days the sun will shine later. I'm late getting going today after sleeping until 7.30, a rarity for me.

We had another visit from our youngest grandson yesterday It's to become a regular thing on a Monday, so I get to see DS too.

Not sure of the plans today yet. I'd like to have a browse round The Range to see if I can find anything to put on my dresser. DH will probably have other ideas involving work. Although he does need a new battery for his car, so that might preoccupy him whilst I slip out unnoticed!

Have a good Tuesday all.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 25-Jan-22 08:25:45

Morning all

Another grey day here in S E Essex.

I managed a personal training session at the gym, my back is slowly loosening up and the pain is lessened.

Promising news regarding your DD’s foot Gingster. Why do our minds go into overdrive as soon as our heads hit the pillow Sar53 things seem so much worse in the middle of the night.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

BlueSapphire Tue 25-Jan-22 08:21:34

Good morning everyone from a grey Northampton, 1°C today. A morning in doing a few odd joba, and then a health walk after lunch followed by coffee.

My yoga friend texted yesterday morning to say that she had tested positive, so I got my skates on and went to yoga on the bus. Then afterwards I had coffee with one of the ladies from the class.

Got into my new book yesterday afternoon; this is book #7 of the new year.. Must order my new book club read.

Hope Tuesday is kind to all.

GrandmaSeaDragon Tue 25-Jan-22 08:12:09

Good morning from Rutland where it’s +2, grey and very still.
Hope you catch the call from your surgery mick and your ear is not causing concern. And hope all those not 100% feel better today. Our SonIL flies out this morning to Australia, having at last been granted visa and find flights, after sad discovery by police on Christmas Day. He has much to sort out and expects to be there about a month. I shall go to DD2 and 3DGSs tomorrow to offer what support I can. They are a busy family!

Managed to complete raspberry pruning on allotment yesterday. Serenaded by a robin hopping around at my feet!

Time to face the day, dog due in for bath this morning! Good day, everyone.

Urmstongran Tue 25-Jan-22 08:06:29

grandMattie ask ‘Alexa’ to play ‘peanut butter and jelly’. L’il Miss used to ask for it last summer. She knew all the words (and actions). It’s actually very cheery - but I warn you, it is an ear worm!

Grandmabatty Tue 25-Jan-22 07:57:45

Marydoll thank you. Over two weeks of feeling awful takes it out of a gal! I'm still a bit deaf but my ear crackles from time to time to remind me it's there. I shudder to think how I would have been with covid.

cornergran Tue 25-Jan-22 07:57:22

Morning Mick, morning All. A chilly and dry start to the day in our corner of Somerset.

Survived tv research yesterday, now the harder part, we need to make a decision. Could take a while. An unexpected call yesterday offering me a spinal neurology appointment tomorrow. Be foolish to say no but oh dear that hospital is frankly foul to get in and out of. A home day today. Admin that I didn’t get to yesterday and some gentle clearing out. Mr C has a new jigsaw, he’ll be quiet.

Enjoy your day urms and safe travels. Hope to hear your daughter is more comfortable soon ash. Your daughter is a positive one gingster. Afternoon tea sounds wonderful gagagran. Good luck buables, all will go well, I know it.

Take care everyone. Hope Tuesday is kind to us all.