Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop`s cheerful recuperative kitchen

(1001 Posts)
Hellogirl1 Thu 17-Feb-22 22:00:28

Sorry about the title, me brain`s not at it`s best at this time of day!

CanadianGran Thu 31-Mar-22 23:12:59

Hello, haven't checked in for a while here. Soop, it sounds as though you are feeling a bit better than last I heard. That is good news. It also sounds like the Mr. is doing a good job of pampering you. good to hear.
cheers.

soop Fri 01-Apr-22 15:17:14

Grandmabatty I owe you an apology. I realise that I haven't asked how you are feeling after your "down day". I trust that you feel brighter and, I also think that the pharmacist's kindness is worthy of recognition. A little kindness goes a long, long way. flowers

CanadianGran When were you last with us in our kitchen? It is lovely to have you back with us.

No snow. We had a short stroll around the village as the vicious wind had abated.

The pong has gone. grin We are truly grateful to our neighbour who helped us to find the source and the cause.

We are about to watch 'Kind Hearts and Coronets'. We both enjoy the Ealing Studio films of yesteryear. Time for a fresh brew. I intend calling in again later this afternoon.

Grandmabatty Fri 01-Apr-22 15:54:41

Soop you certainly don't owe me an apology! I'll take it anyway ?. I'm a bit up and down at the moment but I'm trying hard to be positive (the good kind). I had an unexpected visit from dd and the boys today after nursery and that always cheers me up. Roast chicken and red cabbage with mash for dinner. Have a good evening Kitcheners.

Yiayia4 Fri 01-Apr-22 16:10:29

Sun and showers here.Your hair is wonderful Brooke I have hair envy.
Keep smiling Grandmabatty?
After feeling rubbish for a few days I’m back on track and looking forward to seeing DS3 and Dil,they are coming tomorrow for the weekend,not seen them since Christmas.?
Enjoy your film Soop. Have a good evening all.

Grandmabatty Fri 01-Apr-22 16:28:20

I'm sorry Brook. Your hair is very lovely. I'm a great fan of Talking Pictures where Kind Hearts and Coronets is on now. I hope you are enjoying it Soop. A lovely family catch up Yiayia. Have a wonderful time.

Blossoming Fri 01-Apr-22 16:53:55

Glad you’re both feeling better Grandmabatty and Yiayia. You sound as though you’re getting stronger each day Soop!

It’s sunny but a very cold wind here, I’ve been washing some very heavy winter fleeces so they can be line dried. Not doing much else besides reading, I had a disturbed night, a strange nightmare or waking dream of some kind. quite scary and felt so real! I don’t think it was real though.

Grandmabatty Fri 01-Apr-22 16:55:44

I hate that blossoming. It's happened to me a couple of times. Take care.

cornergran Fri 01-Apr-22 17:21:04

Hope your sleep is more restful tonight blossoming, wishing you pleasant dreams.

I woke up feeling decidedly grumpy, no one reason just little things adding up as they do. Mr C decided the cure was to go out, if nothing else we’d have some exercise. It worked. We went to a marina, had a walk round in the sun then stopped off at a wood for a (short!) wander before a fish and chip lunch. I feel thoroughly spoiled and much more positive. There’s nothing rumbling about that can’t be sorted.

This afternoon Mr C dismantled a small plastic shed we’ve managed to empty, a cause for rejoicing. I supervised grin. Fortunately I had retreated indoors when a large toad was roused from its slumbers underneath, I know they’re harmless but they scare me with their unpredictability. Tomorrow a trip to the tip if it’s not raining, or indeed snowing.

Hope you’ve enjoyed your film soop. A relaxing afternoon is never a bad thing.

Take care everyone. Hope a pleasant evening ahead for us all.

dustyangel Fri 01-Apr-22 17:45:45

We very rarely get the Radio Times but happen to have a copy of it at the moment and I’ve just found Talking Pictures, a channel I’d never heard of so a big Thank You Grandmabatty, we saw The Titfield Thunderbolt a few weeks ago which we both enjoyed and I loved seeing the era of the fifties conjured up again.

dustyangel Fri 01-Apr-22 17:47:23

Meant to say that I hope your day confuse to be a positive one.flowers

dustyangel Fri 01-Apr-22 17:48:00

Continues not confuse…..

brook2704 Fri 01-Apr-22 17:50:18

That hot brush sounds good Urmston if you don’t mind me asking, which one did you get?
Sorry to hear you had a disturbed night blossoming hopefully a one off and you sleep well tonight
I met DD2 this morning at the local garden centre and we treated ourselves to tea and hot cross buns in the cafe. We spent quite a long time chatting, well she was chatting and I was listening as usual, but all sounds good so no worries there just now
Grandmabatty no apologies needed for anything ? I know you’ve been feeling a bit up and down but I hope the visit from your DD and your gorgeous DGSs cheered you up a bit today - sending hugs ?
Good that you’re feeling a bit better Yia I hope you enjoy your family time at the weekend
Yikes cornergran a large toad would scare me to bits, even the little frogs give me the shivers! ?

soop Fri 01-Apr-22 18:00:39

I certainly enjoyed the film. Those hats, worn by the leading ladies! Weren't their waists tiny, too? hmm

corner The magic of fish and chips...I am envious.

Yes, the new regime is becoming well practiced. The difference that the surgery has made to my sense of well-being, is beyond measure. Just two weeks of convalescence and I shall resume a more active (not hectic) daily routine. I would not for the world care to undo all the benefits that I am grateful for.

It is Friday. Tonight, I shall enjoy a pleasant glass of red wine. A friend gave us a bottle of the most velvety nectar I've enjoyed in ages. Mr Soop will enjoy a wee dram. Simple pleasures. wink

I hope that you all enjoy your evening and, tomorrow, who knows, we may be preparing to open our newest kitchen. Looking forward to sampling the cake. smile moon

Charleygirl5 Fri 01-Apr-22 19:14:43

It was snowing early afternoon today in NW London but thankfully did not last long. Still bitterly cold but apparently a heatwave is arriving sometime in April. My only hope is that it is not a one day wonder.

It will be a Waitrose Chinese meal tonight and who put the thought of opening a bottle of wine into my pea brain?
TOYA

Urmstongran Fri 01-Apr-22 19:20:15

‘Evening All’

I’m babysitting. L’il Miss has just been tucked into her bed. The Boy Wonder will be home with grandad in ten minutes, back from cricket practice. Our boy will be ‘starving’ so I’ll make him some supper whilst he gets a shower.

Mum & dad are out for a Friday night curry in the town centre (round the corner from ours ha!).

The hot brush is by Babyliss brooke the best £50 I have ever spent. Such volume! Such ease of use! Highly recommend.

SueDonim Fri 01-Apr-22 19:57:44

Just popping in to wish you all a happy April! I’m a poor respondent at the moment but I read this thread when I can. I’ve got my youngest and her boyfriend here, along with my dd1 and two children (the baby is almost six months and weighs 19lb now! ?) and her dh and my ds1, wife and two children arrive Sunday. Many potatoes will require peeling over the next few days. grin

Today we went on a trip to the Balmoral area, in glorious sunshine, though it snowed later. Much to my excitement we saw an osprey! It was taking off from a loch, a huge winged beast! My mind ran through buzzard? Red kite? and then went OSPREY OSPREY OSPREY! So that was a thrill. smile

Wishing everyone a good weekend and TOYA! Xxx

Doodle Fri 01-Apr-22 21:38:14

Brook your hair is lovely. What a pretty colour.
Soop I’m glad you’re out walking a bit. I hope you are more comfortable now. Hope Sweetie Pie makes her way home soon.
Grandmabatty sorry you have been a bit low. Hope things are looking up for you.
I love a Chinese Charleygirl. Hope you enjoy it.
I’m another who will be checking out that hot brush Urms thanks for the info.
Suedonim you certainly have a houseful. Don’t forget to put your feet up sometimes.
TOYA

soop Sat 02-Apr-22 12:30:07

Dearest you lovely lot. I needed to make sure that our kitchen was still open and welcoming you all. Not too long before I open the door of our new gathering place.

soop Sat 02-Apr-22 12:42:29

This is Tim, son number two on holiday in the sun. I just felt that it was good to share with you.

soop Sat 02-Apr-22 12:44:19

The sun continues to shine. The breeze continues to have a wee bite to it. We haven't had snow. I imagine that the sea helps to keep the temperature up slightly.

soop Sat 02-Apr-22 12:45:42

I shall enjoy watching a game or two of snooker this afternoon. May even doze between sessions. wink

soop Sat 02-Apr-22 12:47:10

No sign of Sweetie Pie. Our wish is for her welfare. It would be a horrible shock to discover that she has been injured.

soop Sat 02-Apr-22 12:48:35

I have tidied our kitchen and removed all the cake that you've baked in readiness for the opening of the welcome to the new kitchen buffet.

Pantglas2 Sat 02-Apr-22 12:49:35

Hi Soop - I rarely post but often read and just popped in for a catch up on everyone’s bizziness before you relaunch - and wot a luvly sprise....what a tasty biscuit you and Mr S baked! Handsome chap!

Glad to see you’re on the up after the op x

soop Sat 02-Apr-22 12:49:39

I shall lock the door and move us lot to our new gathering place.
See you there. grin

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion