Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 18th February 2022

(74 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 18-Feb-22 05:59:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , the storm arrived earlier as I could hear howling winds in the night, at the moment its raining with a slight drop of windspeed .
Today after a small local shop, I am planning on getting the bus to Bicester , but will monitor situ once daylight arrives .
Fish & chip day from the chippy before cycling on TV, from warmer climates .
Take Care,
Mick

Grandmadinosaur Fri 18-Feb-22 10:04:10

Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better Chrissielou

Pepper59 Fri 18-Feb-22 10:12:34

We have had snow here in lowland Scotland. No wind as yet but this is meant to be coming up from the south, it perhaps has not reached us yet. I have a big pot of soup made. Please everyone take care. Thinking of those in the more serious areas of the storm.

BlueSapphire Fri 18-Feb-22 10:15:11

Good morning everyone from a very bright and windy Northampton. Have battened down the hatches and am staying in. Did my shop yesterday instead, after my ballet lesson. When I got home I went round the garden and put everything away that could be blown about.

Am very late this morning, so will go back and read everyone's 'doings' later.

So no plans really for today except Hoover downstairs, which I meant to do yesterday, but ran out of time or inclination! Then read the paper, do the puzzles and crossword, and then continue reading Death on the Nile, as I shall be seeing the new film on Sunday.

Lovely bag grandMattie!

Take care and stay safe everyone.

BlueSapphire Fri 18-Feb-22 10:24:29

flowersflowers for GrannySomerset.

gillgran Fri 18-Feb-22 10:25:45

Good Morning to you all from a windy N.,Cambs.,

Warm thoughts for GrannySomerset flowers

Stay safe in the storm folks.
Worrying for our little "home-from-home", on the NW Norfolk coast. It's as safe as we can make it, so just have to hope for the best!

harrigran Fri 18-Feb-22 10:32:14

Good morning from the NE, windy but no snow, I am just twelve miles north of Georgesgran and she has snow.
I won't be going out as SIL and I did a big shop yesterday.
Another day of shredding papers, I can not believe that DH kept every bill and receipt back to the year dot. Maybe it was deliberate to keep me occupied, he succeeded.
Take care if you have to leave the house.

GrannyOwl5 Fri 18-Feb-22 10:32:46

Morning everyone from a very windy north Kent coast where we are told it will get even windier as the day progresses. Think the flood gates are closed on the seafront. Everything either moved or tied down in the garden so it’s just a case of staying in and watching the big London plane tree on the road outside the house. Thankfully it was pollarded last year, but it is still a monster.

Been in touch with DD and family who are on holiday near York; have been looking at the posts from our Yorkshire grans to see what it is like up north. They are sharing a large holiday house with friends so should be ok.

Thoughts with GrannySomerset on a difficult day.

Hope you all stay safe and battened down.

henetha Fri 18-Feb-22 10:44:59

Very windy in south Devon near Dartmoor. It's times like this that I wish I lived in bricks and mortar.
Unbelievably bad news yesterday. Brother in law in Scotland is dying of pancreatic cancer. And brother in Canada has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

luluaugust Fri 18-Feb-22 11:04:16

Good morning all from a sunny windy W Kent. henetha so sorry to hear the devastating news you received yesterday my thoughts are with you.

henetha Fri 18-Feb-22 11:20:33

Thank you for kind thoughts, luluaugust smile

LauraNorderr Fri 18-Feb-22 11:39:13

Thinking of GrannySomerset today.
Windy in Anglesey and Eunice hasn’t even arrived yet. Praying my lifeboatman son doesn’t get called out in this.
Vertigo sufferers, google the epli manoeuvre, lots of Utube videos showing how it’s done to balance those crystals.
Be careful everyone, stay indoors unless it’s vital that you go out.
Poor old flamingos might struggle in the wind but fingers crossed they’re around for all.
?

LauraNorderr Fri 18-Feb-22 11:39:55

Henetha flowers

Grandmabatty Fri 18-Feb-22 11:50:30

Oh henetha ? how sad for you.

gillgran Fri 18-Feb-22 12:06:07

henetha flowers

ShazzaKanazza Fri 18-Feb-22 12:25:34

Just having a look at late morning posts and henetha what a worry and upset for you. So sorry to hear this.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 18-Feb-22 13:29:35

So sorry Henetha such a testing time for your family ?

Grannmarie Fri 18-Feb-22 14:14:55

GrannySomerset ??
Henetha ??

GrannyGravy13 Fri 18-Feb-22 14:24:49

Oh dear henetha I am so sorry to read your news (((hugs)))

brook2704 Fri 18-Feb-22 14:27:03

Sorry to hear that sad news Henetha ?

henetha Sat 19-Feb-22 12:07:12

What lovely people you all are. Thank you so much. This is a very difficult time and so sad, but definitely helped by the kind messages from so many of you. Thank you sincerely.

muse Sat 19-Feb-22 12:26:18

Good Afternoon Mick and all Morningsters. ?

The red wind warning is down to a yellow one today. Yesterday I managed a walk for Mya along the edge of our wood and up the track and noticed one tree down but all the safety measures we spent hours on the day before have paid off. Our precious polytunnels are intact.

Thinking of Grannysomerset on such a difficult day.

Sorry to hear your sad news Henetha ?

muse Sat 19-Feb-22 13:37:54

? I didn't post yesterday's GM (Friday) and went to what I thought was Saturday's today.
Read your messages and posted and now, after a dig in the ribs, I realise I have posted on Friday's GM. ?

I will now go in search of Saturday's GM.

LauraNorderr Sat 19-Feb-22 13:42:45

Me too muse, realised just in time.