Gransnet forums

Chat

Not sure if I am allowed to ask this on here.....

(196 Posts)
Sarnia Tue 22-Feb-22 11:02:27

As a fairly newish poster I may be breaking Gransnet rules by asking this question but here goes. Alegrias1 is a frequent and lively poster on here, usually on the more in-depth topics but I haven't seen any responses from her in a while. I have been wondering if she is ok. I hope she is.

Josieann Thu 24-Feb-22 10:28:57

As a poster who was berated by Another for mentioning someone no longer posting and insinuating that it was against the rules, I now feel a bit confused miffed if that is not the case after all. Interestingly GNHQ did not remove my post so no one can have reported it anyway!
Storm in a tea cup. But life's too short to worry!
Although clarification might help.

Callistemon21 Thu 24-Feb-22 10:32:25

FannyCornforth

Discussion of other posters isn’t allowed.
So the lemongrove stuff is fine, but not the Alegrias stuff.
I’m pretty certain that Alegrias would not like it at all that she was being discussed here.
She is a very private person

But how would anyone know?

If it's ok to discuss one missing poster then it's ok to discuss them all or it is not - if not then GNHQ should make that clear in the guidelines.

JaneJudge Thu 24-Feb-22 10:32:29

I don't think they look at anything unless it is reported

Callistemon21 Thu 24-Feb-22 10:37:06

JaneJudge

I don't think they look at anything unless it is reported

I agree, I doubt they can spend hours scouring all the threads as they moderate Mumsnet as well.
We used to have our own mods but I don't think that's the case any more.

FannyCornforth Thu 24-Feb-22 10:38:39

I don’t think that they look at the boards here at all

Josieann Thu 24-Feb-22 10:40:21

So why allow random posters to make up forum rules that suit their narrative and tick others off then?

halfpint1 Thu 24-Feb-22 10:44:27

Germanshepherdsmum

Alegrias spoke with authority. She was extremely knowledgeable.

That's as maybe , however we are all entitled to our opinion and should not be shot down by anyone

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 24-Feb-22 10:52:41

I agree she could have a sharp tongue and didn’t suffer fools but I saw her as a good egg.

Josieann Thu 24-Feb-22 10:54:23

Who are you calling a fool? Joke. grin

Maggiemaybe Thu 24-Feb-22 10:54:53

I think it’s just common courtesy not to criticise other posters behind their back. Do we really need rules and guidelines to tell us that?

Galaxy Thu 24-Feb-22 10:58:54

I do think you cant expect every rule to be listed. I once worked at an organisation where a volunteer took all their clothes off whilst volunteering, we didnt have that specific issue in the volunteer guidance shock but we thought it was a given.

Galaxy Thu 24-Feb-22 10:59:29

I dont think that should say.

FannyCornforth Thu 24-Feb-22 11:00:25

Oh Galaxy ?
How dare you tell half a story like that!

JaneJudge Thu 24-Feb-22 11:02:24

Why did they take all their clothes off? confused

FannyCornforth Thu 24-Feb-22 11:06:45

Was it a man?

(Can we do this like the ‘Yes/ No Game’ please Galaxy?
You won’t feel as bad then for telling us)

Galaxy Thu 24-Feb-22 11:11:06

Yes Male, I cant tell it all I am afraid. It was because he was an idiot. And probably an exhibitionist. I have made it sound funny (and it was in retrospect) but it was a bit stressful, for those in charge to say the least.

FannyCornforth Thu 24-Feb-22 11:16:53

Blimey.

Kandinsky Thu 24-Feb-22 11:20:21

If she’s left I don’t blame her - the politics board is very intense & some people invested an awful lot of time arguing with complete strangers.
I hardly ever look at the politics threads anymore because they’re very repetitive ( same people saying the same things ) & just too argumentative - it got boring too.
Rather spend my time on here talking about nice things.

Hopefully she’s found better things to do.

JaneJudge Thu 24-Feb-22 11:27:31

It takes a special type of idiot to get naked at work surely

Doodledog Thu 24-Feb-22 11:43:40

Galaxy

I do think you cant expect every rule to be listed. I once worked at an organisation where a volunteer took all their clothes off whilst volunteering, we didnt have that specific issue in the volunteer guidance shock but we thought it was a given.

Sorry - I'm sure it was distressing, but ?.

I know what you mean, but this sort of thing crops up over and over. It's honestly not that I want to post slagging off posters (I have already said that 'post mortems' are often counter-productive, and that I find/found Alegrias' posts well-informed and interesting), but as Josieann says upthread, if we don't know from HQ what will be deleted and why, we end up being told by other people what is acceptable and what isn't, which is less than ideal.

Marydoll Thu 24-Feb-22 11:48:02

I can only talk from my own personal experience over the last seven years and can definitely confirm that we were old off for asking where a poster was.

Lona Thu 24-Feb-22 11:53:25

Freudian slip MD? ??

Lauren59 Thu 24-Feb-22 11:57:17

Shinamae

I crossed sauce with her a couple of times but enjoyed reading her comments…

I really like “crossed sauce” and think I’ll use it instead of “crossed swords” from now on! ?

MerylStreep Thu 24-Feb-22 12:00:12

I do believe the ex member being discussed is back posting.
It’s very difficult to change your style and especially your phraseology.

Marydoll Thu 24-Feb-22 12:00:54

Lona

Freudian slip MD? ??

Probably! grin I am not the sharpest tool in the toolbox today.

One poster, who was banned and was being discussed on a thread, accidently outed herself, by posting a PM on the thread in error, instead of send sending it.

That did amuse me!