Gransnet forums

Chat

What is there too much of ?

(176 Posts)
nanna8 Wed 09-Mar-22 07:12:23

The obvious one to me are adverts on tv. Far too many and quite intrusive these days. There used to be a limit on the time but that seems to have disappeared. I could also say ,especially with politicians, too much talk, too little action.

nanna8 Thu 10-Mar-22 00:32:11

Too much traffic is noticeable now Covid restrictions have eased. That was one good thing about it - you could drive easily on pretty empty roads because people were working from home. Also, you could park at the local train station because no one was travelling on trains, either.

Claretjan Thu 10-Mar-22 08:44:13

Jaylou

Probably get shot down for this one. Too many (inconsiderate) cyclists on the road

Quite agree! I find the lycra clad men in groups the worst!

Mollygo Thu 10-Mar-22 09:18:25

Urmstongran

Virtue signalling.

Absolutely, and moral compass comments.
Restructuring and change for the sake of sake instead of for improvement. I’ve yet to find a child’s writing improved by being able to identify a determiner or a fronted adverbial instead of just using them.

FannyCornforth Thu 10-Mar-22 09:25:37

Molly ? ? ? re the writing. Absolute madness.
I’m saddened to hear that that joy -sucking crap is still going on.

timetogo2016 Thu 10-Mar-22 09:31:11

I agree with all of the above,only to add that some people believe everything they read in the papers.

volver Thu 10-Mar-22 09:34:07

What is there too much of ?

Sneering.

Anti-intellectualism.

Sneering anti intellectualism, now that I think of it.

Hetty58 Thu 10-Mar-22 09:37:04

There's way too much 'Me, me, me' - and to hell with the rest of you. These days I'm surprised when I meet someone with manners and consideration. Adults, in general, behave like a bunch of spoiled kids.

Katek Thu 10-Mar-22 09:39:58

The word “literally” as in “I literally died when I saw what she’d done to my hair!” No, you didn’t.
Wokery
Being treated like an idiot by advertisers (back to the funeral plan ads)

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 10-Mar-22 11:22:48

Throwaway ‘fast fashion’.

Greenfinch Thu 10-Mar-22 11:28:25

The addition of “indeed” to “thank you very much”. Totally unnecessary.

Blossoming Thu 10-Mar-22 11:31:31

Too much violence.

red1 Thu 10-Mar-22 11:42:24

talk

Floriel Thu 10-Mar-22 11:45:09

‘Executive housing’ on beautiful green fields.

grannyactivist Thu 10-Mar-22 11:47:19

Too many empty homes and buildings.
Too many homeless people.
Too many profiteers who don’t re-invest to benefit customers.
Too much profiteering by some MPs.

Nannan2 Thu 10-Mar-22 11:52:39

CHOICE!?

rowyn Thu 10-Mar-22 11:54:43

And to add to the suggestion of Botox by Lucca - the consequences of Botox -
i.e.women with what appear to be inflatable lips which, in my opinion, make them look like clowns!

knspol Thu 10-Mar-22 11:54:54

Bad manners, not telling the truth, lack of respect/consideration for others, violence, reality TV stars and programmes, lack of integrity in people in important positions. Better stop now could go on for hours.

Brownowl564 Thu 10-Mar-22 11:57:11

Funeral plan ads, so sick of them

Lulubelle500 Thu 10-Mar-22 11:57:53

Far too much rooting around by parents trying to find a child's name for their baby that no other child in the future playground will have. I've just read an article in the paper where baby boys were called the Irish for shoe and the Swahili for tortoise!

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 10-Mar-22 12:02:29

Lying and cruel politicians
Mansplaining
Reality television with their talentless contestants - not that I’ve watched one of these programmes for years
Another vote for the Carcrashians. Aren’t they famous because their father was in O J Simpson’s legal team?
Animal cruelty
Cruelty to children
Tabloid newspapers

I’m sure I have many more but I’m trying to listen to a lecture about Corbusier.

Casdon Thu 10-Mar-22 12:03:09

Moaning.

Spec1alk Thu 10-Mar-22 12:04:23

Life changing. Everything is life changing! Really????

icanhandthemback Thu 10-Mar-22 12:04:35

Too much speculation on the News rather than straight forward reporting of the facts. When I analyse what I've heard, it mainly seems to be what could happen next rather than what has happened...especially if a Royal dies!

Juicylucy Thu 10-Mar-22 12:14:21

Hatred.

Coco51 Thu 10-Mar-22 12:15:34

Trying to wipe out history. It wasn’t good but it happened. Statues of people made rich by slavery are a reminder that it shouldn’t happen again.
Also denial that at all times since year dot slavery happened in virtually all countries - we were slaves to Romans and Vikings, Romans took slaves from wherever they went. It is too often portrayed as a uniquely British crime