Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 11th March 2022

(92 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 11-Mar-22 06:06:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here but its dry and a clear sky this morning in brackley .
Yesterdays bus trip was busy as it looks like more are using buses , mind you with petrol station queing could be one thing .
But Its getting very much like spring ,today I plan on a few hours in Bicester as its a market day there.
I also have also received an email as to a planned trip to Harrogate and York , March next year over 5 days and staying in Harrogate at the Cairn Hotel , the coach rip operator sent me the sneaky due to my recommending the hotel.
Take Care,
Mick

lavendermine Fri 11-Mar-22 07:35:30

grandMattie flowers

dustyangel Fri 11-Mar-22 07:37:46

Good Morning Michael and everyone, I woke up thinking that what should have been a day of celebration for us will be spoilt because of my health at the moment and then read grandMattie’s devastating news and felt very selfish indeed.

My heart goes out to you both and I hope that our prayers and love will give both strength.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 11-Mar-22 07:42:21

Oops premature message out!!
Good morning all from bright Harrogate
GrandMattie you’ve had such a bad year, but you have survived! I’m so Sorry about your DH. I hope his pain is now controlled. flowers
Today, I have nothing planned, which means it time I do some cleaning and tidying especially while DH Is at the dentist. I’ll have to find out when my dentist appointment is - Hope I haven’t missed it!
Good to see you Mick when you are at the Cairn- it’s fairly close to where I live as you know.
Have the best day you can folks

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 11-Mar-22 07:49:27

??GM I’m so sorry to hear your news.
Morning all from a damp Oxfordshire. I’ve had a busy week so apart from some WI admin I think I will spend much of the day reading. I am finishing the Mad Women’s Ball, which is translated from French and is thought provoking.

Gingster Fri 11-Mar-22 07:56:05

Good morning all and it’s fine here in Essex.

GrandMattie ?. What a strong lady you are. Life Eh! ?❤️

Thank you all so much for your kind messages yesterday. Fingers crossed DD will have her first infusion today. ?

Little DGD has her school disco this afternoon 5 til 6. I will pick her up from school, bring her home and get her ready for the ‘big do’. She will stay here the night as her mums treatment doesn’t start until 4 o’clock and they will both be shattered.

Sar I hope your headache subsides. ?.

Hoping you all have a gentle day. ???

baubles Fri 11-Mar-22 07:56:37

Dear grandMattie, thank you for sharing your very sad news with us. I don’t have any words which could be of any use but please know that you, your husband and your family will be in my prayers from this day forward. flowers

Grandmabatty Fri 11-Mar-22 08:02:31

ladyleftfieldlover The Mad Woman's Ball was on Netflix. It was mesmerising. I couldn't stop watching it.

NannyJan53 Fri 11-Mar-22 08:04:06

grandMattie I am so so sorry to hear your very upsetting news. I have no words, but my love and thoughts are with you and your DH flowers

Susan56 Fri 11-Mar-22 08:04:26

Good morning from Shropshire.

GrandMattie, I am so sorry to hear your sad news.You,your DH and your family are in our thoughts and prayers?

Thinking also of Gingster and family as her daughter starts her immunotherapy today?

Another quiet day here as the little family although feeling fine are still testing positive for Covid so no childcare.The weather has been dry but cold this week but has meant that lots of work has been done outside and the garden is looking lovely.

???

Lins1066 Fri 11-Mar-22 08:09:28

Good morning all from the S Welsh coast.
GrandMattie I'm so very sorry to hear your news.
I will be thinking of you and your DD today Gingster.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 11-Mar-22 08:09:45

Morning Mick and all

grandMattie your post brought a tear to my eye this morning I am sending you an enormous virtual (((hug))), whilst you will need your strength both physically and mentally to care for your dear husband in the coming months, please please find time to let others care of you.

It sure what I shall do today, might go and have a potter round the shops, not sure what ones though?

Gingster (((hugs))) for you also, you have a lot to contend with at the moment, I hope your DD’s infusion goes as planned.

Sar53 have a restful day, I hope your headache subsides.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️??

Kim19 Fri 11-Mar-22 08:11:43

?for you GM. I'll try to waffle on because you requested it but your circumstances make it so hard and you are so admirably stoic. Shamefully, I'm still in bed but immediately after this I will hit the shower (not too hard!) in readiness for a lovely lunch in the big city. I say lovely but that's really the company. Lunch will be magnifique! Pretty grey and uninviting up here in the North but that won't deter me. Will fit in a quickie visit to my neighbour whose wife died last month. I can see he's struggling and I feel short and sweet (but regular) is enough for him right now. We'll do better over the garden wall once the weather picks up. Right, I'm off. Keep recognising the blessings everyone. ?

ixion Fri 11-Mar-22 08:12:17

GrandMattie
I am so very sorry ?

harrigran Fri 11-Mar-22 08:14:47

Good morning from a dry but overcast NE.
I am so sorry to hear your news grandMattie, may God give you the strength to help you cope.
SIL was released from hospital yesterday evening and went straight to bed to catch up on some sleep. Apparently his tummy looks as if he has been in a fight with the office stapler.
I think I will make some carrot and coriander soup today, was going to do it yesterday but got distracted watching a TV series.
My neighbour came for a chat last night after she put my bin out, she lost her DH in 2019 and knows exactly how I feel.
Lovely to hear about new baby, congratulations.
Thoughts are with ginster.

monk08 Fri 11-Mar-22 08:19:16

Good morning all from the Black country, nice and sunny so the towels are in the wash.
DS bringing the little one over this morning for a visit. The charity he works for are making hygiene packages up for Ukraine so have asked for the list and I'll make some up, wish there was more I could do.
I'm so sorry to hear your news GMflowers
Have the best day you can everyone and may you all find some ?.

merlotgran Fri 11-Mar-22 08:23:50

Good morning everyone from a grey and breezy south coast.

I’m so sorry to hear your sad news, grandMattie

EkwaNimitee Fri 11-Mar-22 08:26:47

There is nothing to be said this morning except to say how very very sorry I am to read your news grandMattie. I do hope the medics can make your DH much more comfortable. My thoughts are with you both.

GrannySomerset Fri 11-Mar-22 08:27:16

So sorry to read GM’s sad news this morning but know that the support of the local hospice will be invaluable. Nothing else to say really.

BlueSapphire Fri 11-Mar-22 08:32:10

Good morning from a bright and sunny Northampton.

Oh grandMattie, so so sorry to read your news this morning; hoping that you and your DH get all the care you need in the coming months. Thinking of you.

Seems unfeeling to post my 'doings', with all you are going through.

My plans have changed for today; instead of shopping this morning I have decided to cut the grass instead, as we are forecast rain tomorrow.. Then prepare a lamb curry for the slow cooker. Must pop to the postbox as well. May go out and shop tomorrow, there is nothing I am desperate for today.

Thinking of all those with worries and cares.

Pittcity Fri 11-Mar-22 08:33:01

Good morning from Colchester where the early sun is disappearing behind clouds. It seems that this is the theme of today's thread.
We are slowly recovering from the dreaded virus here.
Sending love and hugs to all and especially Grandmattie ?x

Mapleleaf Fri 11-Mar-22 08:39:59

Good morning,

? Grandmattie. So sorry to read your news about your DH today.

It’s bright and breezy here for now, though showers are forecast for this afternoon, which is typical as I’m meeting friends later for a long overdue catch up, and it’s been lovely and dry all week so far, but today it changes.

Thoughts for you and your daughter, too, ginster ?

Take care everyone.

Pantglas2 Fri 11-Mar-22 08:49:27

Just popping in after reading your sad tidings grandMattie and gingster and others with not so good news ...I’m another with trivia that seems inappropriate at the moment ?

Millie22 Fri 11-Mar-22 08:52:02

grandMattie
So very sorry to hear the news about your DH. Just sending you a hug ?

FannyCornforth Fri 11-Mar-22 08:56:36

Such very sad news GrandMattie thanks

I will waffle as Mattie requested. This lunchtime I am seeing that orthopaedic surgeon for the first time.
My dad is taking me. It seems that I have inherited my late Grandmother’s wheelchair. She would be delighted to have helped me so much!
I haven’t slept much as I’m so nervous; about what I’m not sure. It’s just my default setting now.

DH seems to be on a more even keel.
He used the new mini exercise bike that I have bought him (as suggested by Blossoming) for the first time yesterday.
He said that he could feel that his legs were stronger even after the first use. So that has cheered him up a great deal.
All he wants is to be able to take Gracie for a walk in the woods behind our house.

If my hip goes to plan we should be able to do it together soon.

Wishing all a peaceful day; and sending love to those with sadness and pain. ♥️

Hope that all goes well for you daughter today Gingster

Chris3 Fri 11-Mar-22 08:57:33

Grandmattie so sorry to hear your news but very glad you have all the right people involved. Much love to you all xxx