Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 11th March 2022

(92 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 11-Mar-22 06:06:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here but its dry and a clear sky this morning in brackley .
Yesterdays bus trip was busy as it looks like more are using buses , mind you with petrol station queing could be one thing .
But Its getting very much like spring ,today I plan on a few hours in Bicester as its a market day there.
I also have also received an email as to a planned trip to Harrogate and York , March next year over 5 days and staying in Harrogate at the Cairn Hotel , the coach rip operator sent me the sneaky due to my recommending the hotel.
Take Care,
Mick

Jan16 Fri 11-Mar-22 12:21:21

Grandmattie I very seldom post on here but on reading your such sad news wanted to say how sorry to hear such devastating news. Makes my problems seem so tiny in comparison

joyce6135 Fri 11-Mar-22 12:34:07

GranMattie flowers.

hulahoop Fri 11-Mar-22 12:44:40

I have only just read good morning thread we are having stair and through lounge carpets cleaned ,GRANMATTIE sorry to read your news ? your oh sounds a very thoughtful man take care both of you .

Curlywhirly Fri 11-Mar-22 13:49:04

Grandmattie thanks

dustyangel Fri 11-Mar-22 13:54:20

Newquay you and your DH have been having worrying health problems too. I’m so glad that he’s safely home again, I hope he makes good progress now.

knspol Fri 11-Mar-22 13:57:05

Grand Mattie, have never posted on this site before but often read it. Just wanted to express my sincere sympathy to you and your dear husband at such a dreadful time. It seems you have lots of friends on here and I hope they are of some comfort to you. Take care dear lady.

P1234 Fri 11-Mar-22 14:56:57

Grandmattieflowers

Yiayia4 Fri 11-Mar-22 15:02:43

Grandmattie I don’t post on here but just to say thinking of you.?

SusieB50 Fri 11-Mar-22 16:20:17

Grandmattie,? I’m always too late to post on this “Good morning” thread but always read after lunch. Such sad news for you and DH. Well done for getting district nursing and hospice teams onboard quickly. They were my life line and so supportive.

madeleine45 Fri 11-Mar-22 16:21:01

I would like to say how sorry I am to hear your news grandmattie. I have followed your posts with interest but feel as a newcomer I do not have the right to butt into your closeknit group but you are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Marydoll Fri 11-Mar-22 16:34:59

madeleine, you have the same rights as all of us to join this group and are very welcome to join in. We were all newbies once upon a time.
All posts are appreciated and equally as valuable..

dragonfly46 Fri 11-Mar-22 16:45:09

Well said Marydoll.

Jamie Fri 11-Mar-22 16:51:28

grandMattie
I am so sorry to hear your sad news. You have been having such a hard time of late and have faced all your problems with patience and good grace.At the same time supporting and sympathizing with others.
I hope that you can find the strength to persevere and that your husband will be comfortable and pain free. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayersflowers
gingster hope all goes well for your daughter's treatment also.flowers

Maria59 Fri 11-Mar-22 18:26:29

Just catching up as we have been out all day. I went to local minor injuries clinic as my sprained thumb isn't healing found it is actually fractured.
GrandMattie I am so sorry to hear your news I'm sure you will find strength from your many friends on here. I can never understand when bad things happen to such good people thanks

Mapleleaf Fri 11-Mar-22 18:40:20

madeleine45, welcome to this thread. Marydoll has said just what I feel - and everyone else here feels, I’m sure. We were, all of us, newbies at one time, and you have as much right as anyone else to put forward an observation, opinion, etc. I hope you’ll stay with us. ?

NannyG4 Fri 11-Mar-22 22:50:52

GM...... I'm a lurker.... Always read but never post on this truly supportive, caring and friendly thread.... I'm truly sorry to read your sad post this morning and send you much love, you sound one hell of a lady. Take good care, dig deep and be kind to yourself xx