Gransnet forums

Chat

Good News

(31 Posts)
varian Sat 12-Mar-22 17:27:49

There is a lot of bad news about right now, so how about sharing some good news?

I'll start. This is a bit of Granny boasting, but why not?

One of my grandchildren, who has been struggling with her maths, has just been offered the chance to move up from the third set to the second set !

nadateturbe Sun 13-Mar-22 09:02:40

Lovely to hear everyone's good news stories.
I haven't much to contribute except that two months after hurting my head badly I managed to get to my hairdresser this week. I have a very short hairstyle and my hair was a mess. Also felt well enough to shop for half hour afterwards. Progress indeed.

Kim19 Sun 13-Mar-22 09:39:34

N, I'm so pleased for you. I know how awful it is to feel scruffy in the hair arena. However, I'm even more delighted to realise that you've recovered from your head injury. Well done you.

notgran Sun 13-Mar-22 09:53:11

Great idea to share good news. Mine? I'm back swimming after hurting my back. I've lost 2 pounds. OH and I are enjoying watching The Prisoner on Horror Channel. Forst watched it in the late 60's with my Dad and am now in my own late 60's loving it with husband. We know Portmeirion where it was filmed very well and an added treat is seeing how little it has changed and where it has is for the better. Keep 'em coming folk , it's a real tonic.

notgran Sun 13-Mar-22 09:53:36

FIRST watched!

nadateturbe Sun 13-Mar-22 10:37:20

Thanks Kim19.