Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 22nd March 2022

(50 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 22-Mar-22 06:30:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Laid in this morning , due nose bleed in the night , feel OK at the moment but taking it steady .
Will have some breakfast with the rest of the day in .
Take Care,
Mick

harrigran Tue 22-Mar-22 08:07:35

Good morning from a sunny NE ?
Friend came yesterday and brought me flowers and cookies, we had a nice chat but she did not stay long. I was upset when she told me she had macular degeneration and it was untreatable, apparently hers is hereditary.
Laundry day today, get the mundane things washed before I think about sorting clothes for my break in the Lakes.
Look after yourselves.

kittylester Tue 22-Mar-22 08:33:25

Good morning all from a cloudy North Leicestershire. We are promised a nice day though.

I didn't make it on to the thread yesterday. I tripped over dh's slippers in the lounge on Sunday evening while carrying a tray of hungaria beef and rice. I would like to point out that I DID NOT HAVE A FALL! I have the most spectacular bruises and spent yesterday picking rice out of the carpet before trying to get rid of the stains.

DH is still really tired from covid and I suspect I may have it too but, as Bluesapphire says, we can't get any more lfts and daren't use the last 2 we have!

Sending love and best wishes to everyone with worries about their loved ones or who are unwell themselves.

ShazzaKanazza Tue 22-Mar-22 08:40:11

I’m sorry about your fall Kitty, I did giggle though at the thought of you picking rice out of the carpet all day. Hope you feel better soon. We are getting our LFTs from the government website. We can order a box every 72 hours.

Pittcity Tue 22-Mar-22 08:41:34

Good morning from sunny Colchester. We are promised a warm day. I am back to my charity shop volunteering today. We are having a coffee morning to try to attract new volunteers. I'll be exhausted by 3pm.
DH is chuffed with his new car and asked if he could pick me up. The shop is ten minutes walk away in a pedestrian zone!!!
Love to all with bumps, bruises and illness and those without ?x

Anniebach Tue 22-Mar-22 08:42:57

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Pittcity Tue 22-Mar-22 08:43:20

Shazza our local NHS authority told us yesterday that there were no more lfts to send out. People have probably been stockpiling.

BlueSapphire Tue 22-Mar-22 08:49:36

Shazza, have been trying the government website for LET's every day, says none available every time.

cornergran Tue 22-Mar-22 08:52:20

Ouch kitty. Please stay upright today.

ShazzaKanazza Tue 22-Mar-22 09:01:56

Yes your right ladies it does say that now.

Auntieflo Tue 22-Mar-22 09:05:37

Good morning Mick, Annie and all. GagaGran, you made me smile about " where is everybody?" you are all such early birds on here. I don't surface until at least 8 am, and then have to come to
I shall go into town with DH and have a coffee, hopefully with friends, then off to collect some tablets from the hospital.
Sorry to hear about your trip Kitty, and the rice picking from the carpet. Hope the bruises soon fade.
Sending best wishes to ChrissieLou's DD as she embarks on her treatment journey.
To all others who need a helping hand at the moment, ?
Have a good day one and all.

EkwaNimitee Tue 22-Mar-22 09:06:36

Good morning Mick and everyone from a rather cloudy Carlisle. I hope you are OK Mick, take care of yourself.

I'm shortly off to town where I have a hair appointment. I've been wondering whether to grow my layers out for a bob or leave it as is for now. I seem to have yo-yo ed between both styles for decades. What I'm really looking for is minimal bother whilst looking reasonable. Sometimes I'm tempted to shave it all off and wear pretty turbans like Nadiya Hussein...

Best wishes for better times to all suffering illness and/or problems.

Blossoming Tue 22-Mar-22 09:30:48

Good morning Mick and everyone. Another sunny day in my corner of Lancashire, currently 13°C.

We enjoyed yesterday’s visit to the nature reserve despite the weather turning cold and damp. No real plans for today, we will see what the day brings.

Take care Mick and rest today.

Rotten luck Sar, look after yourself, and you too Ash.

Glad you had a better day Grandmattie* and the crowns are sorted.

I love Rome baubles, have a great time.

Mr. B has a talent for creating obstacle courses around the house Kitty, hope your bruises and your carpet are OK.

Chrissieslou for you and your daughter flowers

Whatever you’re doing I hope you all have a good day and find a random flamingo or two ??

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 22-Mar-22 09:43:30

Morning all. It’s looking beautiful in West Oxfordshire. I was up around 8 am as usual but now feel drained again. I will do another covid test later today. I am supposed to be going to London tomorrow to listen to my daughter’s choir. She has covid too though and is still testing positive even though she is feeling well enough to work from home. I must make a final decision today about tomorrow. I have a dinner reservation to cancel and the V&A (I was hoping to see the Faberge exhibition if they had any spare members tickets) like you to let them know if you’re not going. I have to let younger son know too. We were going out for dinner and the concert together. Cheesed off is putting it mildly.

Feelingmyage55 Tue 22-Mar-22 09:48:32

Good morning from a bright north of Scotland.
Lots of Covid around here too; seems more than ever.
GM ? for you both.
The birds were very noisy this morning and there is much nest building. Crocuses are coming out and green daffodil shoots peeping through. Spring is on its way.
Mick Hope you have managed to get a GP appointment or at the least a phone appointment. You need a bit of looking after.
I am off to phone the garage as the car is waiting for parts which seem remarkably difficult to get.
Panache. I think of you often.
Have the best day you can. I’m off to sit outside with my coffee and coat and feel the sun on my face.

luluaugust Tue 22-Mar-22 10:28:20

Good morning all from sunny W Kent. Another GC down with Covid yesterday, delivered magazines and stood well back.
Best news of the day DGS1 passed his driving test first time, so pleased for him as life usually plays him up.
Good wishes and speedy recovery to all those with Covid and kind thoughts to everyone.

hollysteers Tue 22-Mar-22 11:06:07

Good morning Mick and all from Sunnyside northwest coast. Take it easy Mick, you seem to have a lot going on health wise.
Glad Mr.GM is home.
Stomach finally settled down and hopefully I can get back to normal, singing this afternoon and preparations for DD coming home for a few days. I forced myself out last week to a few things feeling rotten and it’s not nice. Particularly as the G&S show I went to was awful, violins scraping away and some terrible voices. I left in the interval as it was over three hours long!
Just a thought, if gransnetters regularly post at around 6 in the morning, do they go to bed every night at 9.30/10 p.m.??

grandMattie Tue 22-Mar-22 11:30:06

I do holly, sometimes earlier. But I’m usually awake a little after 0400 and up by 0500.

MawtheMerrier Tue 22-Mar-22 12:00:36

My sympathies Ladyleftfieldlover (how DID you come by your username?) but NHS advice is pretty unequivocal

If you have COVID-19, you should stay at home while you're infectious to others.
This can be for up to 10 days from when your symptoms start. Many people will no longer be infectious to others after 5 days
You can do a rapid lateral flow test from 5 days after your symptoms started (or the day you had the test if you do not have symptoms ) and another the next day.
If both tests are negative and you do not have a high temperature, you're less likely to pass COVID-19 to others and you can go back to your normal routine.
If your test result is positive on day 5, you can carry on doing rapid lateral flow tests every day until you get 2 negative test results in a row
From your plans, I take it you first tested positive some time last week?
You would need to have tested negative today and again tomorrow morning to go ahead with your plans but of course cancelling at such short notice is not ideal.
Best wishes to your D who is presumably in the same boat.

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 22-Mar-22 12:01:25

Good morning (just) from a sunny Oxfordshire.
MrOops tested negative yesterday and will do another test later to make sure he is sAfe to go out into the world, although he has a shocking cough and cold.
I’m on day 10and I am still positive!! I feel worse today than I did last week, hey honot much I can do about it.
Im doing some crafting using resin, so after the shopping has arrived I might get that out all over the table.
Still have some soup left that. I made on Sunday to use up so no cooking.
Have a good day everyone, I’m very mindful of those who have sick family members and I send you my best wishes.
Mick hope you can get to your GP very soon.

Nannytopsy Tue 22-Mar-22 14:31:01

Afternoon everyone! I went out into the garden instead of reading all the posts - sorry! It’s a beautiful warm day in Suffolk and I have been plodding on with clearing up and planting. One bed to finish and the lawn to cut, then I can relax a bit.
Hope your bruises are not too painful Kitty and that the carpet has come clean. Bon voyage Urms!

madeleine45 Tue 22-Mar-22 15:59:35

grandmattie I am so glad you have had a better day and to actually spend less than you thought on the dentist is a miracle in itself these days!! Hope all stays good with you. Hope you have only had the one nosebleed Mick.It is a beggar isnt it? You dont know why it happens and sometimes the blood seems to spread to a frightening level from your nose. I had an early dr appointment to check diabetes etc etc, which has all been put off from the covid situation, and then all this hassle with cellulitis and intraveneous antibiotics put it off again and so finally got it done this morning. the appt was 8.10am so was done and dusted and got home before 9am , It looked lovely and sunny outside and there is some blossom on the trees and the daffodils look lovely. In a bit less pain and leg improving but feel very very weary from it all. Looked so lovely out would have liked to go swimming or for a walk but realistically knew I needed a rest so for once did the sensible thing, and have just done ordinary things like changing the bed, checking a couple of important other appointments, written up on my calendar for the rest of this month and april so that I can see where I am meant to be and when. Organised for a friend to take me next week for my diabetic eye test as of course cant drive when you have had drops in etc. Doesnt sound very exciting but actually to just be able to get about and do things myself has been good, and makes me hope that I am going to get back to ordinary life, but still have to keep putting my foot up high, so radio 3 has been great and I feel a little bit more sorted and have even got down to looking through a whole bag of receipts and letters etc. I am keen on recycling but I never leave things like address or anything that can trace me from letters with all these wretched scammers about. My friend has a little stove, which she uses in her lounge, so I collect up all these headings and hospital numbers and stuff like that or letters from the bank kind of thing,. When I get annoyed at some stupid behaviour of the government or putin it is quite theraputic ripping all these bits of paper into smaller bits. Then put them in a bag and when I visit her enjoy chucking them all in her stove, thus being sure no one can read them and it warms us whilst it is burning!! somewhere in the depth of boxes I have not yet been able to sort out from the move I do have a shredder, but not found it yet. Might stay with the ripping up , quite good fun!! I managed to get to the rehearsal on sunday and so know what I am meant to be doing so have been doing a little Messiah work . You do need to do a bit of practise to sing "let us break our bonds asunder " to sound clear and correct or you end up with a snake as we say with so many sssss if they are not timed correctly that is all you seem to hear from the choir! I am singing the lovely Dvorzac Stabat Mater with the other choir and I really enjoy doing the two different things at the same time. Hurray for music and art and plants and all the things that give life a boost that dont cost the earth but we can all share in it and long may radio 3 and 4 keep going . there are some lovely tv programmes of course but I do find radio plays and music are my chosen thing really, you can iron and type and do whatever and listen at the same time and miss nothing. Hope that this sunny day has given people a lift and the lovely thought that we can hope for more of the same and longer days to enjoy it all. Hope you all have a good evening, I can see I am posting this in afternoon and no doubt you all read your posts whilst I was out at the drs and have been way ahead of me , but I still enjoy reading all your news.

SueblueNZ Tue 22-Mar-22 20:53:04

Good morning everyone from an autumnal Auckland, NZ. It’s almost 10 am on Wednesday and I’m sitting at my office desk overlooking a sports field and Mt Eden, anticipating the clouds opening up again very soon. On Monday Auckland had its second-wettest hour since weather records began … flooding galore. This morning there is also a state of weather emergency in Gisborne/East Cape. My summer dresses are no longer cutting it; I’m starting to think about getting the tights and trousers out.
I love the sense of community and gentle caring on this thread. So many of you are experiencing health issues yourselves or in your households; you are in my thoughts.
Although NZ has pretty much reached its peak with Covid cases and deaths, my household and extended family members have escaped Covid’s grip, for which I’m really grateful. Today we are due a government announcement about whether household isolation requirements will reduce from seven to five days, whether vax mandates will be eliminated (except perhaps for medical front liners) and whether vax passes will be a thing of the past. Our borders are gradually opening up to non-residents and we can now travel overseas without the need to go into MIQ (don’t get me started on that debacle!) or self-isolate on return.
I posted on one of these Good Morning threads last week, without realising they were one-day only threads. Now that I know to look for one daily, I’ll keep up with your news.

Feelingmyage55 Tue 22-Mar-22 22:37:13

SueBlueNZ. Welcome. What sort of temperatures do you have for your autumn? The flooding sounds alarming. It will be interesting to hear how NZ copes with opening up. Take care.

SueblueNZ Tue 22-Mar-22 23:18:10

Hi there Feelingmyage55
It is 22 degrees (celcius) here today so pleasant enough but there is sufficient chill in the air for me to have pulled on a short-sleeved cardigan.
I suffer from osteoporosis and have an artificial hip on one side and a new knee and metal-plated ankle on the other side, so I do tend to feel weather-related joint pain.
But hey, it certainly doesn't get really cold in Auckland. Our winter average temps tend to be 7-15 degrees. At the far end of the south island, say Dunedin, it is unlikely to get above 10 degrees in winter.
Thanks for our welcome.