Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 2nd April 2022

(42 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 02-Apr-22 06:04:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight , but its dry and clear here in brackley this morning.
I am still going to recuperate,maybe do a small local shop, looks like I hade a cold to contend with as well , weakening me a little.
Take Care,
Mick

ShazzaKanazza Sat 02-Apr-22 12:56:19

Beauregard so sorry to hear your DH blacked out yesterday. Hope he’s a lot better today

Marydoll pleased your doing as your DH says and stay put for a few days and rest and feel better.

Urmstongran Matt was on form again this morning
On a really packed party train full of stags and hen parties. Covid central!! Never again will I do this on a Saturday and the train has already broken down and we had to get off. Young girls stood in the cold on the platform dressed in next to nothing with bottles of Prosecco. Glad I’m old and in warm clothing.

henetha Sat 02-Apr-22 11:02:34

It's cold with bright sunshine here in south Dartmoor. Some distant clouds are threatening.
I've sprayed some new weeds with a mixture of white vinegar and salt and washing up liquid. Hope to get the weeds under control before they get out of hand. I hope this mixture works.
I'm feeling very pleased because I had my fourth covid jab in a pop-up tent in a nearby car park yesterday.

EkwaNimitee Sat 02-Apr-22 10:57:51

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny Carlisle. It's tempting me to go out in the garden but I won't, I've still got a swimmy head which worsens with activity. Just fighting a mild bug really but it happens a lot and is annoying. I have managed a necessary trip to Sainsbury's for fresh food though. Thanks, Jaxjacky...I am getting over my disappointment with retail therapy! Things for house and garden only. I'm trying not to buy clothes, so many have been hanging unworn for the last two years.
I'm continuing my project of re-reading old fiction on my shelves with a view to disposal. The last one I picked up had been waiting since 1982, the current one from 1970! I don't think I ever re-read it. The print is tiny and the pages yellow with age.
I hope all goes well for your DH grandMattie and that his pain is thoroughly eased.
Do have a good weekend everybody, if at all possible.

Stilllearning Sat 02-Apr-22 10:18:28

Morning from a cold S Lanarkshire, and sending good wishes to all who are not so well just now themselves or who have worries about family members.

Two of my DDS are in Prague this weekend and at this minute running a half marathon. It’s been postponed twice since 2020 but is at last taking place. It’ll be really nice for them to have time just together for a few days, quite scarce in their busy lives.

Youngest DGS is staying with another daughter and I’ll join them later today for a ‘sleepover’.

baubles, that sounds like quite a heavy shift, I hope it isn’t too stressful.

Last week and this are quite disrupted for me for one reason or another so I’ll get on with my day now, wishing everyone a good weekend???

Blossoming Sat 02-Apr-22 10:16:22

Good morning Mick and everyone. A beautiful bright and chilly morning in my corner of Lancashire. currently 2°C.

I think you’re very wise to take things slowly Mick, hope you feel better soon.

I love carrot and coriander soup Beechnut.

Love it Pantglas, made me giggle ! ?

Hope you and your DH have a peaceful day today Grandmattie

Have a restful weekend Marydoll, hoping you feel a bit better soon.

Sending love to all those with worries and ill health, I hope you have a little brightness in your day ??

Georgesgran Sat 02-Apr-22 10:15:15

Good morning from a glorious Durham - although very cold.
I have DD2s dogs here for a couple of weeks and have forgotten how ‘tying’ house dogs are - ours were always in kennels.
DD1 has asked me to do something with her and DGS1, but I can’t be out too long.
Hope GM has a more comfortable weekend with her DH home. My DH was in and out of hospital, but always wanted to be at home, even if he fibbed that he felt better than he did to get discharged!
Hope our missing GMs are just too busy to post and nothing worse.
Make the best of the weekend.

Grandmabatty Sat 02-Apr-22 10:08:49

Lin's ?. It's quite telling the number of people on this thread over the last few weeks who have got covid, compared to last year. I wish you all well.

Lins1066 Sat 02-Apr-22 09:49:22

Good morning all from a cold, dry S Welsh coast.
I've had a head cold and bad chest for a few days, tested positive yesterday morning.
So disappointed that we won't see our baby dgd and her parents this weekend, will hunker down instead.
My thoughts are with all those feeling down for whatever reason ?

harrigran Sat 02-Apr-22 09:47:25

Good morning from a sunny but frosty NE.
DS and family are on holiday from today and collecting me after lunch, we are going to the Lakes.
Glad your DH is home grandMattie but do find time for yourself, it is exhausting caring for loved ones.
Thoughts are with all those under the weather.

luluaugust Sat 02-Apr-22 09:43:27

Good morning all from sunny, cold W Kent. Off to do a food shop, have been buying on line but so many things were substituted last week I have to go and stock up.
Very good wishes to all.

hollysteers Sat 02-Apr-22 09:39:15

Good morning Mick and all from a now dull northwest coast.
After all go day yesterday, home today and DS coming tonight instead of yesterday. Have I some jobs for him!
Just as well he didn’t come yesterday as I was knackered after art then rehearsing and fell asleep in the chair.
Heaven knows what is happening to my tv, I rebooted the freeview not recording and now it’s not only not recording but I can’t get On Demand. The picture disappears regularly too. Might be time to call in a pro.
Thanks for magnesium tips for my severe cramp. Am giving them a go.
GM? and thoughts to the troubled.

Grandmabatty Sat 02-Apr-22 08:47:00

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently -1° and heavy grey skies above. Mick take things easy. grandmattie it's good that you have your husband home. Marydoll lots of lounging for you! Ashcombe enjoy watching the snow fall, knowing you have nowhere particular to go! I'm glad your daughter isn't too bad. Baubles sounds like hard work!
Yesterday I had an unexpected visit from dd and the boys after nursery pick up. Dgs1 was very impressed with his new bubble gun I'd got for playing with at Grandma's house. He wanted to play trains again. Dgs2 was very fretful when he woke and is giving his mum and dad a hard time at the moment. He's teething, has a cold and is going through a growth spurt all at the same time so the wee scone doesn't know what's happening. I also had nice messages from three different sets of friends trying to arrange get togethers for the next two weeks. You know what they say about double decker buses coming at once? ?
Today will be housework day. Then I'm digging out the Easter/Spring decorations. I know we have two weeks before Easter but it'll enhance my wee bungalow. Chicken salad for dinner. Have a good day all.

Anniebach Sat 02-Apr-22 08:40:14

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Susan56 Sat 02-Apr-22 08:35:14

Good morning from Shropshire.

Had a stressful day yesterday as Henry was taken ill on our watch.DD was at work 40 miles away, she asked me to call the dr.Just as I had spoken to the dr SIL arrived home for lunch.DD got home in time for H’s appointment.The dr thinks it is a virus on top of the tonsilitis and ear infections he is recovering from.

DGD came home with us for a sleepover.She is such a joy and no trouble at all.

Shazza we go to a vegan restaurant so Henry can choose anything off the menu so understand your excitement.H has severe allergies so it’s always tricky but he loves being able to pick any cake at the vegan restaurant.

Pittcity,our smart meter readings were the same yesterday,definitely double and not54% higher than usual.

GrandMattie, glad your DH is home and hope you have a restful day today.

Thoughts to all unwell,wishing you all a speedy recovery??

GrannySomerset Sat 02-Apr-22 08:31:10

Woke yesterday feeling rough and with a cough like a sea lion’s bark but LFT said no. So will be doing nothing much and not inflicting myself on others until I feel better. Paracetamol and fluids will be the order of the day.

Hope things settle a bit for gM and hr DH, that Marydoll improves and that those who can have a good weekend.

Grammaretto Sat 02-Apr-22 08:19:26

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It feels cold. I'm home from the beautiful Highlands, DD's clan, and have offered to do a shift at the community coffee morning.
It feels cold

Sorry some of you are not so well. Take care everyone.

Ashcombe Sat 02-Apr-22 08:15:58

Sorry is, not I'd!
Feel better soon, Marydoll! ?

Ali23 Sat 02-Apr-22 08:14:49

Good morning everyone.
Grand Mattie, I’m so pleased to read that Mr Mattie is safely home. There is nowhere quite like home, is there?

Mick, I hope that you will be feeling up to an outing soon.

We have no ‘tasks’ on the calendar today, so we’ll trot through the day doing this and that, I expect.

Yesterday I went to do some sewing with my late friend’s daughter. She was sooooo excited to tell me that her sister is expecting a baby. Brilliant news, and we chatted about it all afternoon, although bitter sweet as I know my friend would have been over the moon and such a great granny too.

Gagagran Sat 02-Apr-22 08:12:26

Good Morning everyone. It was -1c at 6.30am but the sun is out and working its magic here on the south coast and already 2.2c. A nice day is forecast.

We have been for the click and collect, had our treat breakfast of croissants and coffee and DH will be leading a group of his cycling club out for a morning ride. That gives me an empty but I have chores lined up as our DiL is coming this evening, prior to a sailing course in Chichester harbour tomorrow. She is a keen sailor and has her own boat in Essex. It will be good to have a catch up with her. She is very dear to us and a wonderful wife and Mum to our DS and DGDs.

Hope both you and your DH get some peace and rest today, Mattie. Don't hesitate to call for help if it gets too much. Remember what the advice about oxygen masks is for passengers on aeroplanes in case of emergency. Sending warmest good wishes to you both. flowers.

Hope you soon pick up Mick but resting seems to be the best idea until you do.

Have the best day you can everyone. sunshine

Ashcombe Sat 02-Apr-22 08:12:21

Good morning, all from a chilly, initially sunny Sarthe but now it's snowing! One of our cats, the blonde female airhead, went out but was soon pawing our bedroom window to come back in! When DH opened the window, she dithered so he “encouraged” her to remain outside so she then appeared at the other window. Sigh!

We were late waking today after DH had had a poor night for no particular reason. DD2 is coping with Covid, I’m pleased to say and was delighted to receive flowers from us yesterday, via a company called Bunches whom I thoroughly recommend. Discount vouchers are usually available online, besides the loyalty points which give a discount.

It’s good to know your DH I’d home, grandMattie, which will be better for you both once you recover from yesterday's frustrations. Enjoy your trip, ShazzaKanazza and others with plans. Thank goodness for understanding friends, Chrissielou! ?? baubles: what a difficult challenge you’re facing!

Enjoy your plans for the weekend, folks, and best wishes to those with colds, etc. ??????

P.S. We shan't be going far: the snow is becoming thicker….! ☃️❄️⛄️

Marydoll Sat 02-Apr-22 08:10:44

Good morning all from a sunny Glasgow. Well, I think it is. I am still in bed, where I have been since Wednesday afternoon, after much nagging from Mr MDoll. ( He is probably fed up with my incessant chatter and wanted a rest.)

My RA flare up and heart issues are making it very difficult to do much. I know from past experience, things will settle.
My sprit is willing, but my blooming body has let me down, again.
Thank you all for all your kind messages, much appreciated, I was wallowing a bit, so they gave me a bit of a boost!

I seem to have lost track of what is happening here on GN, apart from GM's good news. Consequently, I sending a general hug, to all who are struggling for whatever reason. If you are seeing family today, enjoy!

DD is back home from a tour of the whisky distilleries up North today and the honeymooners should have arrived home early this morning from Orlando. I have missed them! I'm off to check the Glasgow Airport arrivals board, then I can settle for an easy day.

Take care, everyone!

NannyJan53 Sat 02-Apr-22 08:09:48

Good morning from a bright but icy cold Black Country.

Met Mum in Wolverhampton for her audiology appointment. It is quite concerning how quickly her memory has deteriorated, she was thinking the appointment yesterday was for the Dentist. She had forgotten all about how she needed a new mould for her hearing aid!

Off over to DD's later this morning as they are going out with friends this afternoon, then a meal out with them this evening. So I will be staying over. I will take my two DGD to the village pub for our evening meal.

So pleased your DH is now home grandMattie

Wishing you all a lovely weekend

brook2704 Sat 02-Apr-22 08:06:14

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dry and bright but still very cold. No sign yet of the return of some warmer weather let’s hope it’s soon …
Good to hear your DH is eventually home GM I hope things get a little bit easier, please look after yourself too
We’ve nothing planned today, I might wrap up warm and do a bit more in the garden. We’d usually take DGD to her dance class but she’s missing it today as all the family are off out for the day visiting SiL family
I’m also another fan of a very big mug of tea ?
Hoping your DH is feeling fine today Beauregard
Sounds lovely BlueSapphire listening to your DD playing in a band - enjoy!
Take care all whatever the day brings ?

Urmstongran Sat 02-Apr-22 07:59:25

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester. It’s still very cold out but no frost so must be a bit warmer. No taking L’il Miss to ballet she told me last night she has a birthday party to go to for a class friend “who will be 5 now grandma, like me”.
The Boy Wonder has a football match and his dad likes to take him so we oldies are redundant this morning!

We have no plans for today but Himself has booked us flights - with EasyJet this time - back out to Malaga, 3 weeks today (St George’s Day ???????) for our next holiday. Hopefully it will have warmed up by then and we will enjoy sunny days this trip!

Nice to hear your man is home with you grandMattie. And baubles who on earth gets set such onerous targets! Those setting them maybe aren’t aware you’re on your own today? Pace yourself lady.
#lazygran
?

BlueSapphire Sat 02-Apr-22 07:46:54

Good morning everyone from a bright and frosty Northampton, -1° today. Just put the towels in the washing machine, Hoping they will dry.

Having my spring booster jab late morning; a friend is taking me and then afterwards we are having lunch out. Later this afternoon I am heading into town for DD's first concert since before lockdown, nearly three years. Really looking forward to seeing her band play again, and I know they are excited to be playing to a live audience once more.

Glad your DH is home again, grandMattie, familiar surroundings will hopefully lift his spirits.
And Mick and Marydoll, please take it easy.

Wishing for a pleasant weekend for all.