Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's newest kitchen for the gathering of kindly folk.

(1001 Posts)
soop Sat 02-Apr-22 12:52:40

Here we are again
Happy as can be (whatever the circumstances)
All good pals
And jolly good company.

Welcome dear peoples. Tuck into our buffet of home-baked goodies. cupcake brew wine flowers sunshine smile

Charleygirl5 Mon 16-May-22 13:36:44

grandmabatty I am offering my services to keep that gorgeous bed and the dinosaur duvet warm. I sleep like a log and I promise I will be no bother. I am good with menial tasks such as mowing the lawn and painting fences. Please may I go on the shortlist?

It is a pleasant day here so the washing is drying outside. I will be taking another large black bag to the local charity- I do not want to overburden them.

Not long now for Mr. Soop and very good luck to him.

ShazzaKanazza Mon 16-May-22 13:42:30

Good afternoon lovely Kitcheners. Hope your appointment goes well Soop is that for your DHs covid test? Hope your isolation for three days isn’t too grim and you find plenty to do.
My best friend is in isolation till her op on Wednesday but she said her husband is already going stir crazy. They only have a tiny garden and they don’t drive so they are a bit stuck. But tomorrow is going to be a hot day up here to sit out. X

ShazzaKanazza Mon 16-May-22 13:47:28

I just re read Soop and seen you are already in isolation and that the appointment is the one for his cattaract.
Grannmarie have you enjoyed Loch Lomond?

Grandmabatty Mon 16-May-22 14:28:55

Charliegirl you would be welcome. ? I have done a spot of ironing and dropped off dgs1's freshly laundered clothes to dd. The window cleaner has done the outside and I'm putting off doing the inside. The weather is truly horrible and I'm tempted to put the heating on for a while. A bientot kitcheners.

brook2704 Mon 16-May-22 15:09:44

Grandmabatty I’ve just put the heating on here as it’s been raining and it’s cold and wet ☹️
I’m just back home from the gym and a shop in Tesco
Think I’ll put some music on and dance around doing a bit of cleaning this afternoon ?

Yiayia4 Mon 16-May-22 15:46:05

Afternoon Kitcheners.Hope all went well today Soop.DH didn’t have to isolate just did the test on the day.He continues to improve and can’t believe how good his sight is,I’m sure Mr. Soop will be the same.
We had a very quiet weekend but today is number 3 Gs’s 13th birthday and we are all going out later for a family meal.It seems like only yesterday he was a very cute baby.We are going to a cowboy themed restaurant called Smith and Western,should be interesting.?
Have a pleasant evening everyone.

muse Mon 16-May-22 15:51:20

Good afternoon from a very sunny Cornwall. Quite a change from 9:00am when it was a very dark. Much rain during the night again but the ground is soaking it up and I actually have those watery areas called puddles. Mya is back to drinking out of them.

Yia I am very happy for Mr Yia. That's such great news.

Thinking of my lovely DS who is 50 today. I rang him yesterday to find that he has covid. Hopefully he will make a strong recovery soon and get to celebrate. He is still attempting to get work done from home! I tried my best to persuade him to visit us this summer as he needs a decent break away from his busy work schedule.

I have lots of praise for the workmen here. Our search for a plumber looks like it has ended. The kitchen fitter's plumber, who is putting in the sinks for him, has said he will ring me to arrange to complete the instal for the bathroom and ensuite.

I have left patches of grass, where the daisies, are uncut Jax. The daisies have almost disappeared now as the grass continues to grow much higher than them. I've neglected weeding over the past few weeks as the veggie plants have needed lots of attention but I've just had a wander around and, as usual, the Aquilegia is springing up everywhere. The rhododendrons and azaleas have been amazing and my lovely snowball viburnum (opulus 'Roseum') is looking at it's best.

Take care kitcheners. I'm off to pick more strawberries. 1.5kg so far.

soop Mon 16-May-22 16:00:40

Good news, Yia Mr Soop has had a long telephone chat with a lady who asked lots of questions regarding his general health and meds. He'll be having a bilateral cataract procedure. I shall be waiting in one of the many coffee shops in the new hospital. Premier Inn night before and night of surgery. Our neighbours will kindly house sit and take care of feeding our creatures.

brook grin

Have done a lot of ironing. About to give the furniture a thorough polish.

I shall log off now but first thing tomorrow, I shall pop in to say bye for a wee while. In the meantime, should our kitchen need to close and a new one opened, please will you agree on who it will be to open it. One kitchen at a time...otherwise, some of us lot will get lost.

smile moon

Jaxjacky Mon 16-May-22 16:57:11

Afternoon to you all, we had a noisy storm and heavy rain at 3am and more rain this afternoon, I was wishing for some not so long ago.
Pleasant seaside walk this morning along the beach, it’s about 40 minutes away, so I don’t go often, it’s a treat. There were lots of container ships, busy piece of water the Solent and expensive to cross.
Picked up the grandchildren from school and dropped them to my daughters friend’s house, they’ll help her muck out her horse before she takes them home for the evening. My daughter is at a show, delayed from two years ago.
We have a friend coming for dinner, I’ve made the pasta sauce, I’m not fond of the dry pasta but love fresh, quick, easy meal.
Pleased MrYia is reaping the benefits, such a successful op, your turn soon MrSoop.
Have a pleasant evening all x

Hellogirl1 Mon 16-May-22 17:36:40

All the best to Mr. Soop xx

Chocolatelovinggran Mon 16-May-22 18:45:20

Good luck Mr Soop. ?

Blossoming Mon 16-May-22 18:48:50

Good evening lovely Kitcheners, just dropping by to send get well wishes to Mr. YiaYia and good luck to Mr. Soop. It’s been very wet and stormy here, been busy with domestic stuff.

ShazzaKanazza Mon 16-May-22 19:12:05

Good evening lovely Kitcheners. Popped back in to wish Yiayia’s DGS a happy 13th birthday also to Muse wishing your DS a happy 50th. Best wishes from me? also hoping your son recovers quickly from covid Muse.
My boy spent his 30th birthday in 2020 gripped by covid he was so poorly bless him.

Love your flower pictures Muse.
Today I’ve been emptying my fridge of all the left over fruit veg and salad. Googling how to freeze it all as we are going away on Weds. I hate waste.

Wishing Mr Soop all the very best wishes for his cattaract operation and hope he recovers quickly.
Have a good evening everyone ?? speak soon.

Grannmarie Mon 16-May-22 19:50:14

Good evening, Soop and lovely Kitchen people!

I'm just popping in to wish MrSoop well for his procedure and recovery so glad that things are going ahead again now.MrSoop will be in excellent hands in the QEUH, Soop, DS2 works there!

Hello, Shazza, yes, we had a wonderful time at Loch Lomond, thanks. Our family had booked us into a beautiful suite in a lovely Lochside hotel and marina. We had a big terrace, pergola with fairy lights and breathtaking Loch views, but sadly the weather wasn't great, not bad on Saturday, we got out and about, but pouring today. Our much anticipated flight in the sea plane has been postponed...
Nonetheless, we had a wonderful time, very thankful.

TOYA, I'll need to catch up on all our kitchen news.

Grannmarie Mon 16-May-22 20:19:23

Yesterday's, not Saturday's, got my days mixed up...
Here are our views, yesterday evening from the restaurant, some blue skies above the Loch, Ben Lomond far left. This morning's view from our terrace, the top of the Ben is hidden in cloud. Still special!

Many happy returns of the day to YiaYia's DGS and Muse's DS, and to all celebrating. ???

brook2704 Mon 16-May-22 20:25:58

That seaplane sounds exciting grannmarie what a shame it couldn’t go ahead but hopefully just postponed for a little while and you can look forward to it a bit longer. Your pergola with fairy lights sounds magical - what a lovely treat
Still raining here ☔️ - I got my cleaning done though!
Beautiful flowers - thank you muse

brook2704 Mon 16-May-22 20:28:10

Lovely photos thank you Grannmarie I’ve been there, it’s stunning !

Hellogirl1 Mon 16-May-22 20:30:58

Glad you enjoyed Loch Lomond Grannmarie, shame about the weather and the seaplane. We went past your hotel many times, I wondered what it was like. We were on the caravan park at Luss, further down the road.

gillgran Mon 16-May-22 21:05:58

Best wishes for Mr.Soop, hope your cataract operation goes well. I'd not heard of anyone having both eyes done at the same time, "SEE" you on the other side!!
Take care of yourself too, soop.

Still not getting much rain here in East Anglia, just a few showers. not enough for the garden.

Warm thoughts to you all.

Urmstongran Mon 16-May-22 22:03:03

‘Evening All’.

Another here adding my good wishes for Mr.Soop’s procedure tomorrow. x

You have everything well planned soop. He’s in capable hands that’s for sure.

Nannytopsy Mon 16-May-22 22:06:43

We have missed the storms luckily as we have DD’s dog who is terrified of thunder. We had a lovely day, taking a lunchtime cruise on a Thames barge from Maldon. It was DH’s surprise pressie.
Best wishes to Mr soop.
Sleep tight everyone x

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 16-May-22 22:20:01

Hello everyone. I made a batch of chicken stock this afternoon so all I can smell as I lie in bed are the faint fumes of chicken, I don’t know anyone else who makes their own stock. Does anyone here? We are having lunch out tomorrow and then on the way home calling into our local Garden Centre. We have several pots to fill and a hanging basket. Can anyone recommend a rose which is suitable for a pot? I had Princess Alexandra of Kent for a few years, then she simply gave up the ghost. Good luck to Mr Soop.

Doodle Mon 16-May-22 23:20:53

Not been in for a while as been quite busy.
Just popping in to wish Mr Soop good luck for his cataracts op. DH had one done last week and was very pleased with the whole thing. He said it was painless and over quite quickly. He’s looking forward to his second one now.
Love to both the Soops
Welcome to anyone new and hello to everyone else ?

cornergran Tue 17-May-22 00:10:09

My dad used to work on the Thames barges nannyt when he was still at school. He grew up on a farm bordering the Thames marshes and had many a tale as you can imagine. I deeply regret not arranging a trip for him in his later years. He spoke about it, we thought about it and it seemed there was always the future to arrange it. But of course one day there wasn’t. He made substantial model boats in his retirement, they are now spread amongst the family. We have three displayed in our conservatory, the Thames barge hears my Mum’s first name.

It’s been a funny old day here today. Mr C has kindly shared his cold with me, neither of us feel ill, just not quite right. Lateral flows are negative, long may that last.

My very best wishes go to Mr Soop for tomorrow. I’ll be waiting to hear he is home safe and all is well.

soop Tue 17-May-22 08:20:11

Dear You lovely lot, Time to move into our new kitchen for yet more celebrations. I shall open the door. Bye for now

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion