Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Good Friday 15th April 2022

(75 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 15-Apr-22 05:58:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry and clear at the moment in brackley this morning , yesterday did the trip to Bicester and stayed on the bus, and then got a lunch box from Chippy consists of Chips, Cod, and Sausage plus curry sauce .
Today usual shop then stay in its a Sunday bus service so no link to Bicester .
Take Care,
Mick

luluaugust Fri 15-Apr-22 12:34:01

Good afternoon from sunny, warm W Kent. So late because we went out very early, for us, to visit DS's cat who was on his own overnight. He was delighted to have a bit of company, we then went on and had a cup of tea at the local Priory.
Happy Birthday gMattie I hope you have a peaceful day.
Marydoll hope you get better soon, I also spent weeks in hospital to ensure safe arrival of DS leaving 2 small daughters with my mum.
Very best wishes to all

Auntieflo Fri 15-Apr-22 12:25:55

Good afternoon Mick, Annie, and all. A shower and hair wash seems to be an exhausting process these days. So I am sitting here, doing nothing but reading Gransnet and drinking coffee, supplied by DH.
It is a lovely sunny day here and I may trot round the garden later to see what is coming up or being drowned by the Nigella seedlings that are Everywhere!
Happy Birthday to GrandMattie, enjoy your day, even though it falls on Good Friday.
Marydoll, glad you are feeling a bit better. Great Novella.
Have a good day, and Easter greetings to one and all.

Anniebach Fri 15-Apr-22 11:02:30

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

LifeOfBriony Fri 15-Apr-22 11:01:47

Good morning all from sunny Middlesex.

Birthday wishes to GrandMattie.

I have no particular plans this Good Friday - I usually go to the All Age service on Good Friday but I can't drive at present due to an ankle injury and it is too far to walk with the injury. Perhaps some standing up gardening, slow tidying or reading in the garden. It's lovely not being at work.

Thoughts and prayers to all who are unwell or troubled in any way. flowers

Taichinan Fri 15-Apr-22 10:30:53

Good morning all. The Angus coast is its usual dull grey - although we did see a sort of milky sun yesterday afternoon with blue breaks in the cloud out over the sea. I tried to post yesterday but the comment bit was missing. I spent ages doing this and that and signing in and signing out and then decided to wait to see what tomorrow would bring. And here I am. Don't know what that was about! I had wanted to send my love to Marydoll - I hope she's soldiering through this next big hurdle in her life. I know she'll have the best care. We did our tai chi at the beach yesterday morning with a reasonably good turnout. There is something lovely about performing the set to the musical accompaniment of the waves, and we all reported feeling so invigorated and energised afterwards. That feeling stayed with me for the rest of the day. Had a lovely long chat with DS2 in the evening, and I'm also now looking forward to hearing from DS1 - they put their house on the market last Saturday and it had sold by Monday! They now have to buy a house in a seller's market, and are viewing one tomorrow. Life goes by in a gallop these days! I have nothing planned for the day, but whatever I do will be at a leisurely and comfortable pace and will probably involve a seat by the pond communing with the goldfish and listening to the birds singing and the water trickling. Even better if the sun breaks through ..... Happy Birthday grandmattie, 74 years young today. Bella I have so many happy memories of Malta's many Festas. I remember we were passing a church when the doors opened and we had a glimpse of the beautiful candlelit interior as a procession emerged. 3-year-old DS2 watched with saucer eyes and then turned to me. "Look Mummy - it's a Biffday"!! Have the best day you can everyone. And if you're not doing anything, enjoy your memories x

Blossoming Fri 15-Apr-22 10:27:21

Gwenisgreat1 pace eggs are decorated hard boiled eggs and we still have an egg rolling competition here. I thought it was a Lancashire custom but I see it’s travelled around the world.

ginny Fri 15-Apr-22 10:17:16

Good morning all from a lovely sunny Derbyshire.
Just waiting for eldest Dd and SIL to arrive and then we are all off for a wander along the canal.
Wishing everyone the best Easter weekend possible.

gillgran Fri 15-Apr-22 10:09:44

Warm wishes to you all, this Good Friday morning, from another mild & bright day in Cambs.,

Thinking of you & sending greetings for your birthday, grandMattie. flowers

Pleased you got such prompt treatment Marydoll, take it easy as you recover from this continuing awful virus.

Jaxjacky, I'm hoping you will be testing negative soon, & getting "back to normal".

Good wishes & kind thoughts to you all.

Ashcombe Fri 15-Apr-22 10:08:54

Every blessing on your birthday, grandMattie and to your DGD1. ?????

Blossoming Fri 15-Apr-22 10:03:37

Good morning Mick and everyone. It was a beautiful sunrise here in my corner of Lancashire but has clouded over, currently 13°C. The forecast is for sunny intervals.

I’m still in bed after a sleepless night. The gout has flared up again and it looks like plans for today are scuppered. It is agony whenever I move my foot and walking is unbearable. My GP arranged a good stock of Colchicine when it was diagnosed so I started those last night. Fingers crossed it will ease soon. I will do what physio exercises I can manage without aggravating my foot.

Well done on your bus trip Mick, that lunch box sounds like it would feed you for the day.

Many happy returns Grandmattie.

Hope all our Covid warriors are not feeling too poorly and -ve tests are not too far off.

Thinking of all our grans going through difficult times. Wishing everyone the best day possible flowers

Grammaretto Fri 15-Apr-22 10:01:54

Good Morning from the Scottish Borders where it is struggling to be a reasonably nice day.
It will be a work day for me and my young helper today. Garden work followed by clearing the spare bedroom, followed by making a poster on the computer.
Thanks to Gransnetters my laptop seems to be working again.

I will just finish reading your posts first.....
Marydoll I love your novellas - you are a born writer.
grandMattie Happy Birthday flowers sunshine wine
[flamingo] grin

EkwaNimitee Fri 15-Apr-22 09:51:34

Good morning Mick and everyone from dull Carlisle. Dull not just because of the weather, there's no-one about, I usually have a parade of dog walkers passing my window early on. I finally saw one man minus a dog go by. The entire estate must have left for other parts adding to the general chaos I'm hearing about. I always stay home on Bank holidays but I'm lucky to have that choice.
I had a long evening of tech problems yesterday, I won't go into the boring details but it generated a lot of angst only calmed this morning by finally getting hold of an intelligent helpful customer service person. Sometimes I wish to go completely off grid like some folk I read about, have a log cabin in some remote wood but I know I couldn't hack it. I'd find completely different things to worry about, like being eaten by bears!

Wishing you a very happy birthday grandMattie and hoping you have at least this day problem free.
Glad to see you keeping your spirits up Marydoll and hope all goes well. You made me laugh reading about the bra wire episode!

I'm off to do the ironing. What could possibly go wrong there?!
Have the best possible day everyone.

dustyangel Fri 15-Apr-22 09:46:19

Good morning everyone, a sunny Good Friday with warmer temperatures here promised today.

Happy Birthday grandMattie, I think I’d be a bit disappointed if my birthday landed on Good Friday as well, but as a child we always had Hot Cross Buns for tea which seemed slightly incongruous when all the adults had been avoiding goodies of any kind for weeks. I hope it’s a good birthday anyway and your husband can warm up in some sunshine.sunshine

hollysteers Fri 15-Apr-22 09:44:39

Food shop?

hollysteers Fri 15-Apr-22 09:44:02

Birthday greeting grandMattie from a dull northwest coast.
Change over from Sky to TalkTalk done except landline probs.
I’m surprised our little ‘band’ is meeting up on Good Friday, but will go along but for a shorter practice.
I’m pleased my cat has taken to its cosy round bed again in my bedroom. She had a go at it when new but went off it. It’s nice to see her curled up in it when I’m in bed.
Fingers crossed my stomach seems to be settling down, although I took a bag to the charity shop yesterday as well as a good shop and felt really off colour.
Thoughts to all with worries.
✝️

Stilllearning Fri 15-Apr-22 09:40:07

Morning from S Lanarkshire, grey sky but reasonable temperatures forecast for this afternoon, we’ll see!

Happy Birthday grandMattie, I wish you and your DH a peaceful day.

A quick trip to the farm today to drop off the Easter eggs for eldest DGC, which I forgot when I went there last week, then church at 3 o’clock. Other than that a quiet day.

Youngest DD and her family have been on holiday in Ireland all week and travel home today. She tested positive this morning so all she can do is stay masked and remain out on deck during the ferry crossing. I hope it’s not too wild, what a predicament.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Good Friday. ???

LauraNorderr Fri 15-Apr-22 09:38:35

Good morning Mick, good morning all from a dry and slightly warmer Anglesey. Holiday makers, bluebells and little lambs abound.
Very happy birthday to you gMattie and to your granddaughter, hope it’s a bit special for you both.??
The beaches are busy, it’s lovely to hear the children shrieking as they dip toes in to the cold sea but we’ll avoid the hordes and walk inland today.
???????for all

Nannagarra Fri 15-Apr-22 09:28:08

Good morning from the Sefton coast where we have goldfinches, green finches and woodpeckers but as yet no cuckoo.
We are on DGdog duty: DGdog1 arrived yesterday as her ‘dad’ was at a 40th; we now have a one hour window before DGdog2 arrives, her ‘dad’ going on a stag weekend. Pre wfh, we looked after them most days; this will be a very welcome return.
Happy birthday gM. ? ? ?
Thinking of those dealing with the virus, illness and worries and sending you all the best wishes for Good Friday.

Chris3 Fri 15-Apr-22 09:16:35

Good morning from sunny Cyprus again. We're off on an expedition on a bus all being well.
Many happy returns Grandmattie hope the day brings you some joy.
I hope Marydollis ok.
Will have to read all the posts properly later. Have a good day all xxx

Serendipity22 Fri 15-Apr-22 09:09:57

Wishing everyone a very good Good Friday from Yorkshire.

2nd day running of the kitchen door being flung open while I drink my morning cuppa.

No plans as such for today, I may pop round see my friend and neighbour i emphasise the word may.

Whatever everyone doing, enjoy . smile

joyce6135 Fri 15-Apr-22 09:03:31

Good morning and happy Easter to you all. On Wednesday I had my fourth Covd jab, and yesterday I felt really ill, sore arm, feeling sick, shivers and then sweating, so I stayed in bed most of the day. Happy to say I feel back to normal today, the other 3 jabs didn’t affect me at all, so don’t know why I had this reaction. Best wishes to GrandMattie and Marydoll, whose novella I really enjoyed today, what a strong lady she is ( as are many GN’s on here. Have a peaceful day everyone.[ flowers]

Marydoll Fri 15-Apr-22 08:59:56

Mr MD is not a happy bunny. He is on day8 and still positive ☹.

His darling granddaughter, who infected him, was negative after day4

Party4 Fri 15-Apr-22 08:56:57

Morning all from a bright but nippy West Yorks.
Many thanks to Mick for his reliable and prompt opening pleased you are out and about Mick after your health issues.
Happy birthday wishes to GMattie who I'm sure will be inundated with calls,,cards and wishes and quite rightly so.Hope DH has a good day the best present you could wish for.
Today taking 93yr for his booster, only appts offered suitable for his wheelchair was quite a distance away.Next week we take a family friend same area but appt. practically on doorstep.Do hope we are not too long as have an Easter food/picnic shop to do .Egg hunt Sunday trip to coast Monday.
Hope Marydoll is OK and her covid symptoms stay mild.She has enough aches,pains and health issues to contend with.I look forward to your hearing of your neg.result.
Family funeral yest the last of our parents friends.They were always Aunts/Uncles and as children we celebrated special occasions together.Our generation continued the friendship and have always kept in touch considering them as extended family but the younger ones lead different lives and I feel sad the connection will be lost.
DH had a meeting last night so I had a quiet evening to myself unfortunately the emotions of the day caught up and I found myself with feeling of sadness followed by a restless night AGAIN. Must get a grip life is too short .
Happy Easter Greetings and thoughts to all with illness and worry.???

hulahoop Fri 15-Apr-22 08:47:58

Hope your birthday is a relaxed day GM.another nothing day here oh pains put a stop to a lot of jaunts out it's a lovely day here so a sit in garden is on the cards .Have a good day all.

Lins1066 Fri 15-Apr-22 08:47:27

Happy Birthday grandMattie ?