Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 20th April 2022

(66 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 20-Apr-22 05:57:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright but cloudy here in brackley this morning .
Yesterdays trip out went OK , but still feel less than 100% to usual self.
Today ,apart from a local shop , will be watching cycling from the Ardennes, both women's and men's races on TV.
Take Care,
Mick

dustyangel Wed 20-Apr-22 12:04:58

Oh, I meant to say Happy Birthday to BlueSapphire. ?

dustyangel Wed 20-Apr-22 12:03:06

Good morning from a bright but very windy morning in the Algarve. Sorry to hear that so many of you are feeling even worse than usual. I think the thought of clearing up shards of crockery would make me definitely feel worse than just letting loose with it.

Special thoughts for grandMattie and family. ?

Mapleleaf Wed 20-Apr-22 12:01:47

Happy birthday BlueSapphire ????

Mapleleaf Wed 20-Apr-22 11:54:44

A rather late good morning from me today. I’ve been up and about, even posted on another thread earlier, but then got busy with changing the bedding and hoovering around.
Stopped for a coffee and 5, so thought I’d better post whilst thinking about it ?. Haven’t read everyone else’s posts yet, but thought I’d better hurry and post before mid day! Take care everyone. Will read your posts now.

Marydoll Wed 20-Apr-22 11:51:50

Madelaine, I have already used up all the cracked crockery! ?

Jaxjacky Wed 20-Apr-22 11:46:04

Take it easy EkwaNimitee that sounds distressing.
Glad the spray is working hollysteers MrJ sings its praises regularly.

madeleine45 Wed 20-Apr-22 11:45:43

I hope that you soon feel a bit better Mick. I sympathise with you Marydoll, it is horrible when everything makes things worse. Do you have any cracked crockery that you could throw and smash? Sounds crazy but I do save any chipped or cracked plates and when I feel totally fed up get quite a buzz out of smashing them (of course you have to clear it up afterwards but think it is worth it!) good to read all your posts and I am putting off starting the pile of ironing, but it has got to the point where I shall have to make a start. Looks bright ousidet but was very cold when I went outside so at least this will be a warming job without putting any heating on! At least you do see a good result from doing the job and I can still enjoy radio 3 whilst I iron. Hope everyones day improves .

Feelingmyage55 Wed 20-Apr-22 11:09:13

Good morning all from a sunny north of Scotland. Lots of lambs in the neighbouring fields and catkins on the trees.
Kind thoughts to those of you with and post Covid and who are caring for others. Try and find time to look after yourselves too.

Litterpicker Wed 20-Apr-22 10:59:50

Another sunny day in East Lothian. DGSs just having breakfast and still in their dressing gowns as have been having their morning ‘screen time’. Mum & Dad are at work - DSiL had to go into the office for the first time in months so Matt cartoon very apt Urmstomgran. I hope we can get the boys out - I am in search of a bluebell wood as I didn’t get to see any bluebells down south before we left and they will be over by the time we’re back. I can’t miss this annual ritual, the scent and colour are so wonderful.

Marydoll, glad someone is keeping an eye on you and hope you will feel better soon. Hope for the same for Blossomimg, Oopsadaisy, Mick, Ekwanimite and others suffering from pain or loss of ooomph. flowers for all of you and Grandmattie and family.

gillgran Wed 20-Apr-22 10:53:24

Good Morning to you all from a bright, dry, day in Cambs.,
Our garden is needing rain, & our local farmers are getting worried about crops in need of watering.

Warm Birthday wishes for BlueSapphire.

Sorry that several of you have more health worries, both for yourselves & your families, my thoughts are with you.

I think it's the Makaton sign language the Mr Tumble, (Justin Fletcher?) does? Our sn DGD, now nearly 13, was recommended to watch & learn, (10 years ago, & is still a fan!!).

Warm thoughts for you all, flowers

ShazzaKanazza Wed 20-Apr-22 10:38:59

EkwaNimitee take it very easy today. Sometimes our minds are willing but our bodies aren’t. ?

Blossoming Wed 20-Apr-22 10:28:35

Holly I need to type faster, I didn’t see your post . Enjoy your meeting with your friend, a detached retina sounds most unpleasant.

Blossoming Wed 20-Apr-22 10:25:05

Good morning Mick and everyone. Glorious sunshine in my corner of Lancashire, currently 12°C.

Sorry you’re not feeling too good Mick, have a restful day today. Hope today goes well GrandMattie.

I spoke to a lovely GP yesterday, my previous uric acid test showed it was very high so he is starting me on a new medication to lower it and has also prescribed more colchicine as the new med can cause a flare up until things settle down. I was a bit surprised as I’d previously been told my uric acid was normal! I will need a blood test after a month to see if it’s working or if the dose will need adjusting. So today’s outing will be a trip to the surgery to collect the blood test forms and a trip to the pharmacy to collect the meds. That’s another addition to my repeat prescription but if it prevents the dreadful pain I’m happy to take it ?

Mr.B has been to the supermarket for our weekly shop and the bakery for our weekly order so I will put things away as soon as I finish my tea.

Home safe Ashcombe, I’m about halfway through’Dead in Devon’, such a lot of plot twists.

Waving to FannyC ?? and a big {{{hug}}} to Marydoll.

Happy Birthday BlueSapphire.

Great news about the little one dragonfly.

No gardening for you for a day or 2 Ekwa.

Hope all our Covid warriors are not feeling too poorly and -ve tests are not too far off.

Thinking of all our grans going through difficult times. Wishing everyone the best day possible ???

hollysteers Wed 20-Apr-22 10:23:47

Good morning Mick and all from Sunnyside northwest coast.
Will be off soon (50miles) for run through for next classical concert with pianist and close friend recovering from a detached retina. Quiche cooking in the oven.
Had a very bad night, tossing and turning even though I had a very enjoyable day yesterday singing at sheltered accommodation. Then cramp attacked me but thank the Lord, the magnesium spray mentioned by a fellow gransnetter stopped it in its tracks, so thank you!
Birthday greetings BlueSapphire thoughts to GM and all with worries ???

Marydoll Wed 20-Apr-22 10:20:02

I meant to say, Baubles, don't over do it today! You will be glad to back to your usual routine.

Marydoll Wed 20-Apr-22 10:18:58

EkwaNimitee, I suffered from that too, it's not pleasant at all. I hope you are not too uncomfortable. No more lugging heavy bags for you.
You definitely need to see a GP. ?

LauraNorderr Wed 20-Apr-22 10:07:42

Take it easy EkwaNimitee.

LauraNorderr Wed 20-Apr-22 10:04:58

Happy Birthday BlueSapphire from sunny Anglesey. Have a good one. ?.
Hope you feel more like your old self soon Mick.
Glad your gs is recovering well Dragonfly, just as well these children are resilient, they do get in to some scrapes #mumoffourboys.
Plodding on with your usual grace grandMattie, I have the greatest admiration for you.
Wishing all covideers a speedy and full recovery.
Echoing Party4, hope everyone can do a little of what you like to do best.
Off to the beach for a picnic lunch and a paddle for us.
?????

Taichinan Wed 20-Apr-22 09:50:48

Good morning everybody from another beautiful morning on the Angus coast where the sun is shining from a cloudless blue sky. A perfect day for a birthday Blue sapphire - enjoy your M&S treat. So sorry you're having such a bad time of it just now Marydoll flowers Your granddaughters sound so lovely with your DH, grandmattie - it must warm your heart. Nothing going on here today except for a visit to the Town Hall for my booster. I'm hoping it doesn't have side effects as I have my two tai chi classes to take tomorrow morning! Take care today everyone x

TopsyIrene06 Wed 20-Apr-22 09:44:56

Ouch. EkwaNimitee

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 20-Apr-22 09:44:48

Good morning all from sunny Harrogate
Oh Marydoll sorry life is so grim just now. Hope it all seems better soon.
Grandmattie what a joy your little iris is teaching Makaton to your DH. When she is no longer there, he could always watch “Singing Hands” on Utube? They helped me communicate with my DGS.
Ekwanimitee I do sympathise. My back ‘goes out’ at the thought of gardening!
I hope your DD soon feels the benefit of her treatment, she’s obviously having a rough time.
I had a lousy night last night, and I have my DGS for a short time today, after I’ve been to the hairdresser.
Have the best day possible folks

luluaugust Wed 20-Apr-22 09:44:41

Good morning from a sunny W Kent. Off to friend for a cup of something this morning. She is expecting a visit from the gas man so I expect he will come as soon as we sit down. On duty for youngest GS later his mum has work meeting.
Happy Birthday Bluesapphire
Marydoll I hope the medicine helps.
Best wishes to all.

monk08 Wed 20-Apr-22 09:35:34

Good morning all from a sunny Black country, rain overnight but that's the way I like it.
Will catch up later so sending best wishes to anyone celebrating, and virtual hugs where needed.
Enjoy your day everyone and may you all find some ?.

GrannySomerset Wed 20-Apr-22 09:34:14

Back to life at home after a lovely Easter visit to DD and family. Garden needs some love and need a trip into Bath perhaps tomorrow, but otherwise not a lot happening. Still feeling the effects of covid and am frustrated to feel so lacklustre but that seems to be a common reaction.

Thinking of all our fellow posters with much to feel fed up with.

EkwaNimitee Wed 20-Apr-22 09:27:12

Good morning Mick...I hope you are soon up to 100%, and good morning everyone else from sunny Carlisle.
I am not feeling sunny....evidently hauling bags of gravel about is not good for an ageing body, having spent a happy weekend planting and preparing a gravel garden, I came in for a shower and discovered I'd sustained a prolapse. Shock and panic, my body has let me down again! I got a grip on myself, it's not life threatening after all, my main feeling is annoyance because I still need more bags of gravel. I've got an appointment at the surgery for Friday. Until then I shall gently potter through the day which is all I feel up to as I've had 2 nights of very poor sleep. The bags of gravel will have to wait until DS1 visits on the May bank holiday.
Nothing like your trials Marydoll... I hope everything is on the up very soon.
Happy birthday BlueSapphire, you're entitled to get yourself a tasty treat from M&S.
Have the best possible day everyone.