Gransnet forums

Chat

Recommend washing machine please

(30 Posts)
Charleygirl5 Sun 24-Apr-22 13:25:14

My latest is a Siemens. I am partially sight impaired but thanks to a GN member mine is now up and working. I had visions of the local service wash.

Be careful because mine prefers to run on liquid was whereas I use powder and liquid capsules. Mine has a 5 year guarantee but some have 10 years.

Be careful because many need the use of a smartphone or wifi connection- all beyond this simple mind.

The instruction book I think is for use with somebody who has a degree in electronics so most of it is beyond me.

Good luck, you will need it.

MiniMoon Sun 24-Apr-22 13:24:15

I have an Indesit washing machine. It's my second one, the first one was over 20 years old when it finally rattled to its end. I hope this one is as good.

Pepper59 Sun 24-Apr-22 13:13:36

I think they are all much of a muchness. A relative has a Samsung machine and has had an awful time with it. Engineer been out and it broke down again a few days later. I don't think appliances last long now at all. We were fortunate to get 12 years with our previous washing machine ( Indesit).

Welshwife Sun 24-Apr-22 13:07:25

I tend to agree with the more fancier the more to go wrong but most machines now have a ‘motherboard’ which controls things. My machine is a duff one really has a U.K. label but I think it was made in an Easter European country - it is 10/12 years old though so good value but does not spin well.
Both DD and DGD have Samsung ones which play a little tune when finished - they take a large load and they spin the clothes very very well. DD left one of these machines in a house she sold and having moved again has now bought another one.

Audi10 Sun 24-Apr-22 12:36:59

Basically which washing machines are you all happy with! I’ve always bought Hotpoints or Hoover! As long as I have a decent size drum 8kg and a highish spin speed! I’m happy! My last washing machine had 14 min wash & 28 min wash! But I’ve come to the conclusion the fancier it is the more than can go wrong! Am I right!