Gransnet forums

Chat

Can’t Think of a Subject for a Thread…?

(131 Posts)
FannyCornforth Sun 01-May-22 11:56:27

Hello!smile

I really fancy a natter; but, unfortunately I find myself totally bereft of humorous or interesting Thread Starters.

I’ve gone blank.
No creativity whatsoever.
Not an ounce of wit.
Not a smidgen of originality.

Talk to me - please! smile

(I’m going to make a cup of tea, and when I return I hope that someone is here brew)

(Autocorrect turned smidgen into ^smug Ron^; poor old Ron, and his wife)

GrandmasueUK Wed 18-May-22 23:16:51

Adding to the Duolingo pictures. My daughter got this one and it’s true! ? We are trying to learn Portuguese. I keep getting the phrase: ‘she washes the monkey’. I have no idea when I will be able to slip this into conversation when I’m in Portugal.

Witzend Thu 19-May-22 13:47:08

FannyCornforth

This one. It saves me remembering how to spell her name blush

Has anyone read her book ‘Two Caravans’? I loved that, and have passed it on to a Dsis with similar tastes - she loved it too.
One character is a dog, whose ‘thoughts’ are very cleverly and imaginatively IMO, put down on the page.

FarNorth Thu 19-May-22 15:07:07

Here's another Duolingo one. Una to the rescue!

Blossoming Thu 19-May-22 19:28:12

I will remember that in case I’m ever in need of an urgent sock supply.

Blossoming Thu 19-May-22 20:36:43

I want to share a picture of my own very special duck, Mr B risked life and limb to get him for me.

He was launched in Ireland in 2006 and remained in the water until he was rescued from the sea by Mr. B at Corsewall Point in Galloway. He has a web address tattooed on his chest and a number tattooed on his rump. Unfortunately we were unable to find out any more as the web address no longer exists.

He was in a very bad state when rescued but soon perked up after a warm bath and a wash. He looks a bit battered but so would I after 8 years in the sea! He now lives on a shelf in my wardrobe as sunlight would make him brittle and faded.