Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 2nd May 2022

(90 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 02-May-22 05:52:46

Good Morning Everyone,
its dry and cloudy here in brackley at the moment .
Today , I will have a nice quiet day to myself ,as its my 74th Birthday .
I am going to relax and enjoy the day .
Take Care,
Mick

Chrissielou Mon 02-May-22 08:00:59

Happy birthday Mick enjoy your day.
It is a bit murky but not as cold here in Oxfordshire, we've not had much rain so the garden is still very dry. A heavy gardening day yesterday for DH and I but we are pleased with our efforts. I potted on 100 plants, baked cakes for today and walked the dog. My DS1 and DD1 and DGC are coming for afternoon tea today, which will be lovely. DD1 is having chemo tomorrow so that will keep her mind off what is essentially an unpleasant day.
Wishing everyone a happy Bank Holiday.

ShazzaKanazza Mon 02-May-22 08:04:41

Good Morning from a dull but dry Hull. The rain came to nothing it literally tickled the garden.

Have a very happy 74th birthday Mick and hope your day is everything you want it to be. ?
grandMattie thoughts to you both as always? enjoy your DD.
Pittcity, Pantglas and Sar safe journeys.
Ladyleftfieldlover. A very happy 6th birthday to your GD

MaryDoll I laughed at your post especially the slug on your head I would have hated that. I’ve added a pic of my GD stroking a huge slug yuk!! The girl loves her creepy crawlies.

Hello ? to people wishing Mick a happy birthday it’s a lovely thread.

Have a lovely day everyone and hope bank holiday Monday brings a moment of joy??

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 02-May-22 08:07:28

Good morning all from cloudy Harrogate
Happy Birthday Mick. We are sharing birthdays today, but I am a few years older than you. Yes, Marydoll May is a popular month for birthdays, no idea why in particular, but I’m happy with the date!!
I have DGD coming this morning then this afternoon we all go to DD1’s house for my birthday party!!
Have a safe journey Pantglas
And Sars hope your journey too is safe. It’s a while since we did the drive through France, but it’s a beautiful country. Our day in Carcassonne was cold and wet!!
Hope your DHs days will get easier and he enjoys having his DD with him
Have the best day possible folks

AGAA4 Mon 02-May-22 08:09:04

Happy Birthday Mick ? Enjoy your special day.

ShazzaKanazza Mon 02-May-22 08:09:45

Thoughts and ? for your DD tomorrow Chrissielou x

Grandmabatty Mon 02-May-22 08:10:20

And happy birthday to Gwenisgreat too! Enjoy your party

ShazzaKanazza Mon 02-May-22 08:11:16

Happy birthday to you too Gwen?

grandMattie Mon 02-May-22 08:12:25

Marydoll, Lots of April/May birthdays = spring. Most animals bring forth in spring, so ditto humans, I suppose.

Gingster Mon 02-May-22 08:14:30

Good morning all and it’s rather overcast here in Essex.

Happy birthday Mick. Have a lovely day ?.

We had all the family here yesterday afternoon with cake and fizz for twins 16th birthday. A happy, jolly affair but oh soooo noisy! .
I took eldest Gd home and we had a heart to heart chat in the car. She had a few tears (I kept mine in) . She’s usually a very private, guarded person but she opened up. She goes back to Uni today and I’m a bit concerned about her. ?.

Today I’m picking up my friend to go to our U3A meeting and will book a day trip to Kentwell Hall in July. It’s a re-enactment day and I haven’t been since the children were small , so it should be fun.

Sar safe journey to your destination and enjoy your month away. ?.

Pants happy holiday! ☀️

Ash enjoy your last day with the family and hope your journey home is trouble-free. ?.

Wishing you all a lovely day ! ???

Chrissielou Mon 02-May-22 08:15:10

Thank you ShazzaKanazza so kind of you.

Gingster Mon 02-May-22 08:18:32

Happy birthday Gwen. Enjoy your party ???

RoseeLee Mon 02-May-22 08:18:50

Happy birthday, Mick! Hope you have a good day.?
Thanks for the thread - much appreciated.

Marydoll Mon 02-May-22 08:19:22

Happy birthday Gwen! ??

I hope your DD's day isn't too troublesome, Chrissielou. ??

NanKate Mon 02-May-22 08:19:57

Good morning to All and a very happy birthday Mick. No doubt you will fit in some cycling watching whilst, I will be watching the tennis from Madrid, as no doubt my GN friend Bellasnana will too.

Dear Mary how do you get yourself into those fixes?

My eldest DGS 11 is still ecstatic having won the Footie Final in their local Tournament in Horsham yesterday. The coaches took them out for waffles and ice cream afterwards. ?⚽️

NanKate Mon 02-May-22 08:21:06

Gwen ??

Susan56 Mon 02-May-22 08:21:14

Good morning from Shropshire.

Happy birthday Mick???

We have been ill with a sickness bug so am relieved to have woken up feeling better this morning.DGD stayed on Friday night,she had a long lie in and when I went to check on her she was covered in chickenpox from head to toe.DD came over to collect her and a couple of hours later we both started to feel unwell and that was that.

Enjoy the holidays and family visits and hope everyone has the best day possible??

baubles Mon 02-May-22 08:21:39

Good morning all from dull South Lanarkshire.

Happy birthday to you Mick, enjoy your day.

It was the birthday of one of my GC yesterday, her sibling’s was a few days ago and her mum is due to give birth in a week or two. It’s going to be an expensive month for them in future.

I’m tired after taking the birthday girl shopping yesterday morning where she was attracted by all things sparkly then taking her to her party. I helped with games and clearing up so you would think I would have slept well. Alas I was awake for hours and now have to go to work. Hey ho. ??

Have the best day possible everyone. ??

Grandmajean Mon 02-May-22 08:24:44

Happy birthday Mick and Gwen

Chris3 Mon 02-May-22 08:27:03

Good morning from a warm but cloudy South Yorkshire.
Happy birthdayMick hope you have a good day.
We had a lovely day yesterday with dd1 and her partner and then tea at DS1's
Today walkies with u3a then not sure this afternoon.
Have a good day all xx

BlueBalou Mon 02-May-22 08:27:03

Happy Birthday Mick and Gwenisgreat1, have a lovely day ?
Good morning from a damp Wiltshire.
I spent yesterday sowing cosmos, dwarf beans, beetroot and carrots in the greenhouse and then a lovely few hours doing some sketching. Very relaxing.
I had a very restless night, goodness knows why, I couldn’t keep my left leg still- most odd ?
I suspect I will be snoozing later ?
Have a lovely Bank Holiday everyone x

Jaxjacky Mon 02-May-22 08:29:08

Good morning from a grey S Hants. Happy Birthday Mick from another who appreciated you starting this thread every day ??.
Safe travels Pants Pitt Sar and brook lots of busy people.
We had some rain yesterday, but need more, hopefully I can finish off gardening bits today and we may go out for some lunch.
Enjoy your Happy Birthday party Gwen ?.
grandMattie in my thoughts as always, hope you get a nap.
Enjoy Monday if you can ??

TillyTrotter Mon 02-May-22 08:32:06

Happy Birthday to You ?
Mick and Gwen . ?? ?

ginny Mon 02-May-22 08:34:20

Good morning all. Hoping the overcast weather will cheer up later.

Happy Birthday Mick.
Also to Gwen.

Missed yesterday as I had a bad night and a busy day .
We had a lovely afternoon in the garden for DGSs 1 st birthday on Saturday. He smiled all through and seemed to think the Happy Birthday sing was hilarious.

Of to a garden centre today to get a few replacement plants and some mini ones to create a fairy garden.

Wishing all as good a day as possible.

Marydoll Mon 02-May-22 08:35:17

Dear Mary how do you get yourself into those fixes?

Dear Kate, I really don't know!
When I was teaching, I used to be the Go to person in an emergency. The HT had a stock phrase, "Get Marydoll " she will sort it!
Nothing phased me!

Now I am a bumbling (and stumbling) , forgetful, brain fogged, old biddy. I do not like it at all!!
I need to be in control! sad

harrigran Mon 02-May-22 08:38:10

Good morning from an overcast NE, again.
Happy Birthday Mick and Gwen, have a great day.
I am another Taurean, my birthday in ten days.
SIL came yesterday and we had a pleasant afternoon before roasting lamb and having a full works Sunday dinner.
DS and GD2 are visiting today, he sent me a message yesterday asking if I had waterproof boots confused turns out an historical site insist on footwear that can be disinfected to help eliminate avian flu. I could not spend an afternoon walking in Wellingtons.
Enjoy the bank holiday.