Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 2nd May 2022

(90 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 02-May-22 05:52:46

Good Morning Everyone,
its dry and cloudy here in brackley at the moment .
Today , I will have a nice quiet day to myself ,as its my 74th Birthday .
I am going to relax and enjoy the day .
Take Care,
Mick

Nannagarra Mon 02-May-22 11:05:09

Good morning from the Sefton coast.
Hope your DGD has a brilliant 6th birthday LLFL.
Many happy returns Mick, Gwen and Kupari. Thank you for opening the thread each day Mick.
Enjoy your day everyone. Best wishes to those in sick bay.
???

hollysteers Mon 02-May-22 11:10:15

Good morning everyone and happy birthday Mick from a dull northwest coast.
Nice meal in city last night, but asked to move tables as four chaps were making an incredible noise and with wooden floors, it was too much. City very busy and it was nice to bump into old Bookgroup friend on the train coming back.
I had two wines and a liquor and have a hangover, pathetic. Don’t drink now…
So pleased the large patio has been jet washed, front and back lawns mowed and fingers crossed, the nasturtiums I put in yesterday will live. Anyone is supposed to be able to grow them, but I’m the kiss of death to any plant.
Hope you all have a good day.

EkwaNimitee Mon 02-May-22 11:14:39

Good morning Mick, the birthday boy, and everyone from a rather dull Carlisle.
And happy birthday to Kupari and Gwen plus greetings to all newbies. Keep posting, people!
DS1 has recently departed after a weekend here. We've been out and about visiting the Solway marshes and Hadrian's Wall but he's also done sterling work more or less finishing off the works in my garden. We fetched what I thought was the required numbers of bags of gravel from the garden centre but had to make trips back for more...the staff began to recognise us! As I am banned from heavy lifting now, DS1 has been invaluable as was DS2 back in January. I'm looking forward to a summer of just dead-heading and pulling up the odd weed whilst admiring my growing plants.
It's back to housework this morning and quite a bit of boring admin...there seems to be increasing amounts of the latter these days in our modern lives.

Have the best day possible all of you.

ShazzaKanazza Mon 02-May-22 11:22:52

Happy birthday to you too Kupari45. Have a wonderful day??

FannyCornforth Mon 02-May-22 11:38:07

Happy Birthday Mick, Gwen, Kupari and anyone else celebrating today.

Re May birthdays; lots of amorous August holidays maybe?

Best wishes to all x

Grandmadinosaur Mon 02-May-22 12:27:49

Lol Fanny I was trying to work that out too.

brook2704 Mon 02-May-22 12:30:59

Happy Birthday Kupari! ???

Grandmadinosaur Mon 02-May-22 12:31:42

Happy birthday * Kupari*

Megs36 Mon 02-May-22 14:00:07

Belated good morning, anyone still reading ☺️☺️?
After very happy, hectic weekend with my husband’s and granddaughters birthdays, now chilling out.?

mrshat Mon 02-May-22 17:58:12

A bit late in the day but wishing a happy birthday to Mick, Gwen and Kupari, also welcome to Kupari if you have just joined us.
Keep safe everyone flowers

GrannyGravy13 Mon 02-May-22 18:24:24

Welcome and Happy Birthday Kupari ???

CanadianGran Mon 02-May-22 18:55:48

Good afternoon to you all, even though it is still morning here. Fine mist coming down, so it's not very nice, but we had lovely weekend weather with visits with friends and family.

My poor little dog is not well today. She was fine last night, and had her breakfast this morning, but just laying around looking sad, with her ears down. DH is at home, I am at work but will go at lunch and check on her. She is a 5 yr old aussie shepherd and always full of energy, so it's worrying to see her like this. She did get her vaccines after 2 years of not being able to get into the vet, so perhaps it is a side effect? Hoping she is better soon.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 02-May-22 19:11:08

Welcome and Happy Birthday Kupari45 it is a good day for birthdays isn't it?

Jamie Mon 02-May-22 19:38:41

Happy Birthday to Mick,Gwen* and * Kupari.* Hope you've all had a great day.