Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 2nd May 2022

(90 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 02-May-22 05:52:46

Good Morning Everyone,
its dry and cloudy here in brackley at the moment .
Today , I will have a nice quiet day to myself ,as its my 74th Birthday .
I am going to relax and enjoy the day .
Take Care,
Mick

dustyangel Mon 02-May-22 09:25:22

Good morning everyone, I’ll go back and catch up in a moment but wanted to say Happy Birthday to Mickcupcake I hope you have a great day and that you enjoyed the Morris Men yesterday. We used to frequently take the children and the dog for a walk after work and stop at a pub on the way home to all have a drink and watch the Morris dances.

There’s a beautiful blue sky here today and as yesterday was an extremely warm 26°, I would expect the same today but the forecast is rain.hmm

Taichinan Mon 02-May-22 09:22:00

Happy Birthday Mick. Enjoy your peaceful day - and thanks for the great job you do all year long in opening this thread .
No greetings from the Angus coast today as I'm in Perthshire in taxi duty for DGDs while DD and New Man are off up north for a couple of days bagging Munroes. After an early bright start it has turned into a grey day. Off soon to take DGD1 back to College in Dundee - she decided she wanted to join her sister and me yesterday as she hadn't seen me for ages. So lovely. Then it's back here to prepare an early meal before taking DGD2 to her hotel in Highland Perthshire for her evening shift. It's not a dull life! Have a great day everyone, whether travelling or at home and as always, thoughts to those who are poorly or caring for loved ones x

ShazzaKanazza Mon 02-May-22 09:18:55

Ginster so sorry your GD is feeling down it’s so great she can pour her heart out to you.
Ginny lovely 1st birthday pic such a handsome little man.
Mamaa hope you feel better soon, we were the same in 2020 one day feeling better with energy the next flat out again. It’s such a strange virus.

dragonfly46 Mon 02-May-22 09:12:07

Happy Birthday Gwen

hulahoop Mon 02-May-22 09:10:41

Good morning from a dull w/York's ,birthday wishes to all with birthdays ??.I'm out to my friends house for lunch and a good natter ,oh out with friends .

NannyJan53 Mon 02-May-22 09:08:46

Good morning from a dull an cloudy Black Country.

Tested positive yesterday shock not surprising as MrJ tested positive last Monday. I feel quite rough, it is like a heavy head cold.

I was meant to travel to Stamford Wednesday to stay with a friend for a few days, tickets all bought for train and she has booked days off work! I am yet to break the news to her today. Hopefully she can cancel the days off work and rearrange?

Happy birthday Mick, have a great day cupcake

Welcome to the thread pollychat

BlueSapphire Mon 02-May-22 09:07:50

Good morning everyone from another overcast day in Northampton. Happy birthday ? to Mick and Gwen! I hope you both have a lovely day.

I did not have good night, but must have nodded off, as I awoke to find a cat asleep on my head! I'm afraid I left her there, as it felt comforting......

My new laptop was delivered safely yesterday morning, so I was able to do my afternoon outing. Friends and I visited a nearby village, Great Brington, where they had an open gardens day. It is the nearest village to Althorp, Princess Diana 's home, and is very pretty. There were several gardens open, all very different , but all amazing, ranging from tiny cottage gardens to rolling acres (almost!). Afterwards we repaired to the church where refreshments were served; the home-made cakes were delicious. We had a good look around the church, viewed the Spencer family chapel, and I lit a candle for my dear late DH. Looking forward to visiting more gardens over the summer.

No plans for today, will just potter, read, knit, catch up on tv programmes. Might amble up to the garden centre if it stays dry.

Wishing all a pleasant bank holiday.

Grannmarie Mon 02-May-22 09:04:05

Many happy returns, Mick and Gwen, and all with imminent birthdays!?
We are in Ibiza, celebrating my husband's 70th on Wednesday. Best wishes to all on holiday/travelling.
Thinking of all suffering/recovering from Covid, take care. Sending love and prayers for those with illness, worries or sorrow. ??

brook2704 Mon 02-May-22 09:00:36

Happy Birthday Gwen - enjoy your party later! ????

Hoping things get a bit better for your DGD Gingster I’m sure your chat helped

Thinking of you and your DD tomorrow Chrissilou

farview Mon 02-May-22 08:49:53

Happy Birthday Mick...?

Grandmadinosaur Mon 02-May-22 08:48:01

Good morning all from grey skies in East Yorkshire.

Wishing Mick and Gwen a very happy birthday today enjoy your day ??

We had a relaxing day yesterday picking up toiletries for our hols , a coffee out and we got a Sunday lunch delivered from a local restaurant we often used in lockdown. Delicious.

No plans as yet today will go with the flow as they say.

Another slug hater here ugh horrid things. Oh Shazza your GD ? kids don’t bother do they?

Safe journey home Pittcity and anyone else travelling today.

Take care all.

Anniebach Mon 02-May-22 08:47:09

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

mamaa Mon 02-May-22 08:44:53

Happy Birthday Mick and to others too who share this special date.
Day 5 of having Covid for me- seem worse today than I did yesterday when I felt almost back to normal! Husband on day 3.
This morning I seem to be coughing, sneezing more than ever and have a headache. Not v optimistic my test will be -ve later.
Enjoy the Bank Holiday folks, if you can, and happy holidays to those on, or about to go away.

aggie Mon 02-May-22 08:44:42

Good morning everyone, it’s a bit dull but dry here in Co Armagh
Happy birthday Mick
I hope the patches give your OH a bit of peace GM
Eldest DD and SIL are due home from Co Fermanagh where they have a caravan , she has sent us some fabulous photos so I think it has gone well
The wild Cherry in the garden is at its best just now , so dainty and graceful it was in a pot for years hence the strange shape

harrigran Mon 02-May-22 08:38:10

Good morning from an overcast NE, again.
Happy Birthday Mick and Gwen, have a great day.
I am another Taurean, my birthday in ten days.
SIL came yesterday and we had a pleasant afternoon before roasting lamb and having a full works Sunday dinner.
DS and GD2 are visiting today, he sent me a message yesterday asking if I had waterproof boots confused turns out an historical site insist on footwear that can be disinfected to help eliminate avian flu. I could not spend an afternoon walking in Wellingtons.
Enjoy the bank holiday.

Marydoll Mon 02-May-22 08:35:17

Dear Mary how do you get yourself into those fixes?

Dear Kate, I really don't know!
When I was teaching, I used to be the Go to person in an emergency. The HT had a stock phrase, "Get Marydoll " she will sort it!
Nothing phased me!

Now I am a bumbling (and stumbling) , forgetful, brain fogged, old biddy. I do not like it at all!!
I need to be in control! sad

ginny Mon 02-May-22 08:34:20

Good morning all. Hoping the overcast weather will cheer up later.

Happy Birthday Mick.
Also to Gwen.

Missed yesterday as I had a bad night and a busy day .
We had a lovely afternoon in the garden for DGSs 1 st birthday on Saturday. He smiled all through and seemed to think the Happy Birthday sing was hilarious.

Of to a garden centre today to get a few replacement plants and some mini ones to create a fairy garden.

Wishing all as good a day as possible.

TillyTrotter Mon 02-May-22 08:32:06

Happy Birthday to You ?
Mick and Gwen . ?? ?

Jaxjacky Mon 02-May-22 08:29:08

Good morning from a grey S Hants. Happy Birthday Mick from another who appreciated you starting this thread every day ??.
Safe travels Pants Pitt Sar and brook lots of busy people.
We had some rain yesterday, but need more, hopefully I can finish off gardening bits today and we may go out for some lunch.
Enjoy your Happy Birthday party Gwen ?.
grandMattie in my thoughts as always, hope you get a nap.
Enjoy Monday if you can ??

BlueBalou Mon 02-May-22 08:27:03

Happy Birthday Mick and Gwenisgreat1, have a lovely day ?
Good morning from a damp Wiltshire.
I spent yesterday sowing cosmos, dwarf beans, beetroot and carrots in the greenhouse and then a lovely few hours doing some sketching. Very relaxing.
I had a very restless night, goodness knows why, I couldn’t keep my left leg still- most odd ?
I suspect I will be snoozing later ?
Have a lovely Bank Holiday everyone x

Chris3 Mon 02-May-22 08:27:03

Good morning from a warm but cloudy South Yorkshire.
Happy birthdayMick hope you have a good day.
We had a lovely day yesterday with dd1 and her partner and then tea at DS1's
Today walkies with u3a then not sure this afternoon.
Have a good day all xx

Grandmajean Mon 02-May-22 08:24:44

Happy birthday Mick and Gwen

baubles Mon 02-May-22 08:21:39

Good morning all from dull South Lanarkshire.

Happy birthday to you Mick, enjoy your day.

It was the birthday of one of my GC yesterday, her sibling’s was a few days ago and her mum is due to give birth in a week or two. It’s going to be an expensive month for them in future.

I’m tired after taking the birthday girl shopping yesterday morning where she was attracted by all things sparkly then taking her to her party. I helped with games and clearing up so you would think I would have slept well. Alas I was awake for hours and now have to go to work. Hey ho. ??

Have the best day possible everyone. ??

Susan56 Mon 02-May-22 08:21:14

Good morning from Shropshire.

Happy birthday Mick???

We have been ill with a sickness bug so am relieved to have woken up feeling better this morning.DGD stayed on Friday night,she had a long lie in and when I went to check on her she was covered in chickenpox from head to toe.DD came over to collect her and a couple of hours later we both started to feel unwell and that was that.

Enjoy the holidays and family visits and hope everyone has the best day possible??

NanKate Mon 02-May-22 08:21:06

Gwen ??