Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 2nd May 2022

(90 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 02-May-22 05:52:46

Good Morning Everyone,
its dry and cloudy here in brackley at the moment .
Today , I will have a nice quiet day to myself ,as its my 74th Birthday .
I am going to relax and enjoy the day .
Take Care,
Mick

Jamie Mon 02-May-22 19:38:41

Happy Birthday to Mick,Gwen* and * Kupari.* Hope you've all had a great day.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 02-May-22 19:11:08

Welcome and Happy Birthday Kupari45 it is a good day for birthdays isn't it?

CanadianGran Mon 02-May-22 18:55:48

Good afternoon to you all, even though it is still morning here. Fine mist coming down, so it's not very nice, but we had lovely weekend weather with visits with friends and family.

My poor little dog is not well today. She was fine last night, and had her breakfast this morning, but just laying around looking sad, with her ears down. DH is at home, I am at work but will go at lunch and check on her. She is a 5 yr old aussie shepherd and always full of energy, so it's worrying to see her like this. She did get her vaccines after 2 years of not being able to get into the vet, so perhaps it is a side effect? Hoping she is better soon.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 02-May-22 18:24:24

Welcome and Happy Birthday Kupari ???

mrshat Mon 02-May-22 17:58:12

A bit late in the day but wishing a happy birthday to Mick, Gwen and Kupari, also welcome to Kupari if you have just joined us.
Keep safe everyone flowers

Megs36 Mon 02-May-22 14:00:07

Belated good morning, anyone still reading ☺️☺️?
After very happy, hectic weekend with my husband’s and granddaughters birthdays, now chilling out.?

Grandmadinosaur Mon 02-May-22 12:31:42

Happy birthday * Kupari*

brook2704 Mon 02-May-22 12:30:59

Happy Birthday Kupari! ???

Grandmadinosaur Mon 02-May-22 12:27:49

Lol Fanny I was trying to work that out too.

FannyCornforth Mon 02-May-22 11:38:07

Happy Birthday Mick, Gwen, Kupari and anyone else celebrating today.

Re May birthdays; lots of amorous August holidays maybe?

Best wishes to all x

ShazzaKanazza Mon 02-May-22 11:22:52

Happy birthday to you too Kupari45. Have a wonderful day??

EkwaNimitee Mon 02-May-22 11:14:39

Good morning Mick, the birthday boy, and everyone from a rather dull Carlisle.
And happy birthday to Kupari and Gwen plus greetings to all newbies. Keep posting, people!
DS1 has recently departed after a weekend here. We've been out and about visiting the Solway marshes and Hadrian's Wall but he's also done sterling work more or less finishing off the works in my garden. We fetched what I thought was the required numbers of bags of gravel from the garden centre but had to make trips back for more...the staff began to recognise us! As I am banned from heavy lifting now, DS1 has been invaluable as was DS2 back in January. I'm looking forward to a summer of just dead-heading and pulling up the odd weed whilst admiring my growing plants.
It's back to housework this morning and quite a bit of boring admin...there seems to be increasing amounts of the latter these days in our modern lives.

Have the best day possible all of you.

hollysteers Mon 02-May-22 11:10:15

Good morning everyone and happy birthday Mick from a dull northwest coast.
Nice meal in city last night, but asked to move tables as four chaps were making an incredible noise and with wooden floors, it was too much. City very busy and it was nice to bump into old Bookgroup friend on the train coming back.
I had two wines and a liquor and have a hangover, pathetic. Don’t drink now…
So pleased the large patio has been jet washed, front and back lawns mowed and fingers crossed, the nasturtiums I put in yesterday will live. Anyone is supposed to be able to grow them, but I’m the kiss of death to any plant.
Hope you all have a good day.

Nannagarra Mon 02-May-22 11:05:09

Good morning from the Sefton coast.
Hope your DGD has a brilliant 6th birthday LLFL.
Many happy returns Mick, Gwen and Kupari. Thank you for opening the thread each day Mick.
Enjoy your day everyone. Best wishes to those in sick bay.
???

Blossoming Mon 02-May-22 10:46:38

A very Happy Birthday Mick, Kupari and Gwen, have a wonderful day flowers

Good morning Mick and everyone. It’s another dreich day in my corner of Lancashire, currently 11°C.

No plans for today other than a leisurely stroll. My gait improves daily and it’s not a race.

Hello and welcome Pollychat. I don’t think I’ve seen you before but my memory isn’t always reliable smile.

A warm welcome to any new members I have missed recently.

Fingers crossed for your DD tomorrow Chrissielou flowers

Safe journey to all our intrepid travelling grans and enjoy your hols.

Thinking of all our grans going through difficult times, virtual hugs and love to all flowers.

Wishing everyone the best day possible and a few ??? along the way.

Kupari45 Mon 02-May-22 10:28:09

Happy Birthday to Mick and Gwen. Can I share your day, I'm 77 today. Usual walk on beach with my dog this morning, then afternoon shift in RNLI shop from 1pm.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 02-May-22 10:17:30

Happy Birthday gwenisgreat ??

Oh dear Gingster I have been a chaperone at Kentwell for our primary school more times than I can remember…

Grammaretto Mon 02-May-22 10:10:37

Good morning and Happy Birthday Mick and Gwen from the Scottish Borders.
Dull and overcast today after such a beautiful May Day.

I was at the Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh to enjoy the rhododendrons, including an exhibition of illustrations and fabric. Then to DS's for tea. Now they have a dog, lovely gardens are mostly out of bounds. apart from mine grin
Quite a few beaches are dog free too.

Last night I watched West Side Story, the new Spielberg version and enjoyed it. Though I missed Natalie Wood as Maria
sad
Today I am waiting in for a smart meter to be installed. I can't remember why I agreed to this. I think it is just putting more people out of work.

Take care everyone. Thinking especially of grandMattie and Chrissielou today

LifeOfBriony Mon 02-May-22 09:56:58

Happy Birthday Gwen too.

Thank you to those who posted pictures of their lovely GCs

Greendress Mon 02-May-22 09:53:42

Happy Birthday Mick have a lovely birthday and Happy Birthday Gwen too

Stilllearning Mon 02-May-22 09:51:43

Morning from East Renfrewshire where I stayed with youngest DD and family after a lovely celebration yesterday of my friends 80th birthday. Going to Silverburn shortly for 7 year old DGS to choose clothes with the birthday money he received last week, he has very definite tastes!

Later I am taking 9 year old DGD out for lunch, just the two of us, she will love that (me too!)

Happy birthday Mick, I hope you enjoy your relaxed day, and happy birthday to Gwen too.

Thinking about your daughter Chrissielou as I always do.

Wishing everyone a good day ???

LifeOfBriony Mon 02-May-22 09:51:32

Happy birthday Mick

We were rudely awakened by a house alarm going off at 6.15. I tried to go back to sleep but without success.

The only thing I have to do today is food shopping, with DH as I am still unable to drive following an ankle injury. Another week and I will be able to try driving again.

Lots of other things I could do, but I will see how the day goes. I do like long weekends!

gillgran Mon 02-May-22 09:49:12

Good Morning to you all from a pleasant, mild day in Cambs., on this bank holiday Monday.

"Many Happy Returns", Mick, I hope you enjoy your special day. wine cupcake.

Also wishing Gwenisgreat a very happy Birthday, have a good day, wine cupcake flowers.

We, too, have lots of family & friends Birthdays in May, a popular month!

Warm wishes to all with added worries for themselves & their loved ones.

NanKate Mon 02-May-22 09:48:45

So sorry for you NannyJ covid and a cancelled trip! ?☕️

Beechnut Mon 02-May-22 09:43:21

Happy Birthday Gwen have a lovely day ??