Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 4th May 2022

(65 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 04-May-22 05:56:08

Good Morning Everyone,
A grey but dry start here in brackley this morning, at the moment.
Also noticed the days seem to be getting milder.
Usual routine of small shop , TV etc .
Take Care,
Mick

Georgesgran Wed 04-May-22 08:05:57

Good morning from Durham. A Dentist appointment for me today too Marydoll.
Urms we were burgled many years ago and my Mum’s engagement ring was stolen along with other things. It still upsets me, as she gave it to me several years before she died. Hope your ring turns up.
A difficult day for GM and her DH, an inspiration to everyone - may it go smoothly ?.
Best wishes to those feeling under the weather or looking after others who are. X

Gingster Wed 04-May-22 08:08:19

Good morning all and we have had rain here in Essex.
Dh was going fishing today but it looks a bit damp for that now. ?.

GM thoughts with you today. ?

GG - what an extreme reaction ! Your poor DD! I do hope the steroids sort out the problem ?.

Happy anniversary mr and Mrs Pants. ?.

Not much on today but I might walk up to the town market.

This evening I’m joining a U3A choir which I’m really looking forward to. Great to have a sing along and it lifts the spirits. ?.

Wishing you all a great day! ???

Grannmarie Wed 04-May-22 08:26:42

Good morning, Mick, good morning all, from rainy Ibiza...hopefully it will brighten up later.

Thank you Shazza, DH and I are having a leisurely breakfast, responding to birthday wishes from family and friends. We're going out for celebratory brunch, then a curry at the Marina this evening, his favourite!
We're having a family gathering on our return.

Safe travels, Grandmadinosaur and best wishes to all on their holidays.

Sending love and prayers ? ?, Grandmattie, on this special day, thinking of you and your family, as you remember Philip together.

Thinking of those with worries, illness or sorrow.

Wishing everyone the best Star Wars Day possible, May the Fourth be with you.?

Grannmarie Wed 04-May-22 08:27:53

Condolences, Hollysteers. .flowers

Grandmabatty Wed 04-May-22 08:29:39

Good morning all from Polmont where it's damp and looks like it'll be wet on and off all day. A difficult day for you Grandmattie. My thoughts are with you. Urms I hope the ring turns up.
I have included a photo of the new bed with dinosaur bedding Ashcombe ? I expect your dgs would be happy too. I have put up dinosaur decals and dgs1 could name every one. The bedroom is set up for both boys as the cot is in the corner with baby stuff. Dgs1 was delighted with it as he was round for a while yesterday. It'll evolve as they grow. My oven was fixed yesterday too and it was much cheaper than having to buy a new one!
Today I'm house bound as the oven man is coming back for his money. He doesn't do bank transfers. So I'll go out to the hole in the wall shortly. Art isn't on this week because of the local elections. The hall is used. So a quiet day for me. It's been a good start as I slept quite well too. I'm going to do a bit of life drawing in pencil from a photo. Meatballs and spaghetti for dinner. Have a good day all.

Grandmabatty Wed 04-May-22 08:31:47

I forgot to say Happy Anniversary Pantsglas. Have a lovely day.

Grandmadinosaur Wed 04-May-22 08:36:23

Wishing your husband a very happy birthday today Grannmarie and I hope the sun comes out. ????

Stilllearning Wed 04-May-22 08:37:11

Just thoughts and ? for Grandmattie and her DH and family today ???

Grandmadinosaur Wed 04-May-22 08:37:17

Sorry about the bikini emoji Grannmarie I don’t know where that came from ?

hulahoop Wed 04-May-22 08:48:41

Happy Anniversary pants have a good day.?to all with worries . Our day to pick up gc.

BlueSapphire Wed 04-May-22 09:07:26

Happy Star Wars day from another dull overcast morning in Northampton. Getting fed up with this weather, and unable to put winter clothes away, just in case.

A morning of pottering about the house, then off to the well-being cafe this afternoon, taking my knitting. Making a cardigan for one of the old ladies, and I must really get on with it. Will try and plant the new ceanothus when I get back; didn't feel up to it yesterday after a long health walk, and then I decided to walk home, which was another half hour.

Thoughts with grandMattie today; the trees will be a lasting memorial to your dear son.

Good luck at the dentist Marydoll; I had a crown replaced just before the first lockdown, had to go private for it as they wouldn't replace it on the NHS. Luckily my dentist has been doing routine appointments for a year now, and I have already had two check-ups, another one due in a couple of weeks.

Hope you find your mum's ring, Urmston. I was distraught when I lost one of the diamond studs that DH bought me. Retraced my steps and searched high and low. I eventually claimed on the insurance, who had a new one made, but it wasn't the same. Happy ending though! Youngest DGD found it when she was playing on the floor, tucked.between the carpet and the skirting board. I was so happy.

Happy anniversary, Pantglas - have a lovely day.

May the Fourth be with everyone today!

Grammaretto Wed 04-May-22 09:11:35

Good Morning all from the rather damp Scottish Borders.
I planted 2 trees yesterday so am pleased that the rain watered them.
One was an oak tree, grown from an acorn for my late DH, the other is an apple tree, grafted by me at a workshop last weekend. They are both very small.
I hope the ring turns up Urms
I hate losing things.

It's DS3 birthday today -

Thoughts for grandMattie and what a champ her little Iris is!
Have a lovely Spring day everyone.

harrigran Wed 04-May-22 09:13:10

Good morning from a grey NE where it has been raining overnight.
Washing machine was playing up yesterday which extended the length of time it took me to do the laundry dry but I did get it all washed and ironed.
SIL is coming today to take me shopping, will be a small one as neither of us can lift any great weight.
Losing a ring is very sad, I do hope it turns up in a pocket maybe. My sister lost a ring and it turned up in the pocket of a linen jacket a year later because it was only worn for a special event. DH lost his wedding ring and we emptied the garden bin on the patio and it was among the prunings from the rose bushes.
Thoughts are with gM and family.
Those on holiday or celebrating, enjoy your day ?

Anniebach Wed 04-May-22 09:27:26

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

EkwaNimitee Wed 04-May-22 09:41:39

Good morning Mick and everyone from rainy Carlisle.
I had my fourth jab yesterday morning...in church! It was Moderna this time, no Pfizer but it works in the same way. I have a sore arm but that's it so far.
A bit of housework and a lot of admin today as I wrestle with the demands of the holiday insurance company.
A happy Anniversary to you Mr&MrsPantglas, best spent in the sun of Spain methinks.
You're having a worrying time GG13, I hope your DD is on the mend.
And my thoughts are with you all on this difficult day, grandMattie. You are all together to support each other, that's good.

hollysteers Wed 04-May-22 09:52:56

Good morning Mick and all from a damp northwest coast. It’s always damp when I go to the hairdresser, who managed to rearrange my appointment.
Nice afternoon singing yesterday and enjoying the homemade cakes.
DD in Barbados for friends birthday. I always have it mixed up in my mind with Bermuda so looked it up on the map. It looks so tiny plonked in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
So pleased to have my voicemail working again, the change over from Sky for broadband etc has been a bother, wish I had just stayed where I was, having to pack up the Sky stuff etc and so many things affected.
Thoughts to grandmattie chrissielou and anyone with worries.

aggie Wed 04-May-22 10:03:55

Good Morning all from Co Armagh , it’s quite bright .
I’m in a quandary , we are getting a polycarbonate greenhouse but , a month later it’s in its boxes in the garage , i optimistically sewed cucumber and tomato seeds , all growing now on my bedroom windowcil , but the cucumber is putting out tendrils looking for support! There isn’t really room now
I might pot on the cucumber and dump the wispy tomatoes …sigh
DH kept changing providers years ago and we lost so many email addresses but , with great difficulty , hung onto our landline number , it’s such a palaver , I really ought to change now as I hardly use Sky , but can’t face it !

Urmstongran Wed 04-May-22 10:04:52

Oh, grans - deep joy! I’ve found my ring! Honestly I’m beyond happy.

I took out my cross body bag. Emptied it completely. Felt carefully around all the seems and discovered a tiny tear. I shuffled the lining with my fingers and felt the tiny circle of the ring. Gentle scooting back to the hole and what slipped in reappeared!

I shan’t use that section for tiny stuff any more. The more illustrious and capable amongst you would probably put a couple of stitches in place. Hmm.
#lazybuthappygran

Grandmabatty Wed 04-May-22 10:05:43

That's good news Urms.

Urmstongran Wed 04-May-22 10:06:43

Goodness. *seams of course
And I forgot to say ‘thank you’ to all you lovely peeps who posted about my upset at losing it! Duh.

Chris3 Wed 04-May-22 10:07:28

Good morning from South Yorkshire. A quiet day today I think as I've been up half the night with my mum who is now in hospital with renal failure. There is no visiting allowed at the moment so don't really know what's going on now ☹️
We are supposed to be going to the pictures tonight to see Downton abbey... If I can stay awake!
Thinking of you today Grandmattie ??? and a massive well done to little Iris ?
Happy anniversary Mr and Mrs Pantglass hope you have a lovely day.
Oh that's very upsetting urms but you are right... Your mum would not want you to be upset by it.
Wishing all a lovely day xx

Chris3 Wed 04-May-22 10:08:56

That is good news urms ???

dustyangel Wed 04-May-22 10:13:30

Good morning from a beautiful bright Algarve. We eventually had our downpour yesterday after a day of grey clouds gathering and as we closed up the house to go out to eat it was wonderful to smell that fresh clean scent in the air.
We had to eat out because having had our two sofas/settees shampooed and waterproofed they felt absolutely soaking.
Now having left the heating on low overnight the upholstery feels slightly stiff but I expect it will soften again with time, at least it’s given it another lease of life and cheaper than a new suite.

Thinking of you today grandMattie and that the day will remind you of happy times you had together as well.

Urmstongran I lost my Mum’s wedding ring too some years ago. I’d taken it off together with my own and my engagement ring because I had an irritation on my fingers and think I had them stupidly in my bag that day. DH suspects a somewhat light fingered visitor that we had at that time but I blame myself. The thing that upsets me most now about it is that I won’t be able to pass them on to my own daughters.

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 04-May-22 10:15:50

Good Morning all from dull Harrogate
Hope that ring turns up Urms most frustrating for it to get lost!
Happy Anniversary the Pantglases wine
Hope there is an improvement with the DDs Chrissielou and Grannygravy. Condolences Hollysteers
I actually have a face to face appointment with the doc this pm and my turn for the dentist tomorrow. I should be sorted after that!
Have the best day possible folks!

dragonfly46 Wed 04-May-22 10:16:51

That is great news Urms I know exactly how you felt as I too hate losing things. Finding them though is a great relief!