Gransnet forums

Chat

Antiperspirant or deodorant?

(55 Posts)
Shinamae Wed 11-May-22 16:49:08

I stopped using an antiperspirant many years ago as after reading certain articles I did agree that pores are there to let your skin breathe and an antiperspirant just doesn’t do that,it stops you perspiring,well at least it stops the perspiration coming out of the pores.. I have used this deodorant for years and really like it.. about £2 I only used to be able to buy in a health store but now Tesco’s do it so it must be getting popular..

Forestflame Fri 13-May-22 11:03:58

Moggycuddler, I have the same problem as you. However, I will give the aluminium free sticks mentioned upthread a try (not heard of them before.

effalump Sat 14-May-22 12:08:48

I use a crystal stick. You just wet it, rub under your pits and you never smell sweaty. H&B sell them.

Elizabeth27 Sat 14-May-22 12:31:52

Purplepoppies Mon 16-May-22 10:08:49

Since menopause (blasted thing) I tend to sweat from my scalp only..... unless I shave my head I'm not going to be able to apply any antiperspirant or deodorant ?
I know botox injections can stop sweating but I'm not a millionaire currently so I'll have to put up with curly hair when the sweats strike !!
There was a rumour Bruce Lee had his sweat glands removed from under his arms. He got fed up with stopping during filming for the sweat to be wiped from him for continuity. Thats a bit drastic though.