Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 13th May 2022

(54 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 13-May-22 05:51:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry start but cloud here in brackley this morning.
Todays plans after a small shop I will get my prescriptions from the nearby chemists .
Other plans to stay in and watch to todays stage of tour of Italy .
Looking ahead to the weekend .
Take Care,
Mick

Grandmadinosaur Fri 13-May-22 07:52:02

Good morning from breezy East Yorkshire. I would much rather be typing sunny Ibiza. I just said to DH I miss the view of the sea even from the bathroom.

Our journey home went smoothly. We had to smile at our taxi driver to the airport who said he didn’t like driving on the busy roads. DH told him it was much worse in the UK!

Today I will make a start on the mountain of washing, do a shop and best of all will be to collect GS from school. It will be a shorter visit though as he starts a cricket course for children this evening. DS will collect him as we are about 10 minutes walk from where it’s held.

Thoughts to all for whom today will be a tough one. ?

Take care everyone.

Gingster Fri 13-May-22 07:53:48

Good morning all and it’s a lovely bright start to the day here in Essex.
I’m meant to be meeting a friend for lunch but she has hurt her back, and may have to cancel. I’ll await her call. If not we’ll meet up with our usual pub gang for lunch.

DD had another call from the hospital to say they won’t be sending her tablets by courier so come to the hospital to collect them. (Left hand doesn’t know what right hand is doing). She didn’t tell me and caught the bus there and back. That girl is a trooper. I bought her a hanging basket and put it up as a surprise for when she got home. She was delighted. !

GM enjoy your time with DGS, and try to rest up while Dh is in the hospice. ?.

BlueBalou that made me laugh about dogs recall. I dog walk with a friend and her little pooch has a mind of his own. We call and call for him, my little dog goes looking for him and we retrace our steps. Suddenly we see him trotting along a path in the woods oblivious to our panic. He does make us laugh though! ?.

Sar enjoy your peace and make the most of being ‘lazy’ . It does you the world of good.

mumofmadboys so glad to hear your family are settling in nicely. I’m surprised the husband is with them, as they are keeping the men in Ukraine to fight. ?.. I’m sure they feel at home already.

Wishing you all a gentle day. ??

Chrissielou Fri 13-May-22 07:56:18

Very grey here in Oxfordshire this morning, I feel rather cheated as I was expecting sunshine. So pleased its almost weekend, feel a little tired after a worrying week. All has calmed down now with DD1, meds provided which will deal with the issues which were so concerning.
Thinking of you granMattie what a hard time you and your family are having, lovely to have your visitor tonight though, enjoy your pizza together.
Marydoll wishing you a very happy pre-birthday today!
Thank you all for your kindness, it is much appreciated and feels like a warm hug on, what are at times, dark days.
Hope you all find some joy, happiness and laughter in your day.

Urmstongran Fri 13-May-22 07:59:23

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s dry with white cloud but highs of 19°C and big fat sunshine’s from 1pm till 8pm. Lovely!

Himself has the dentist and then hygienist in a couple of hours then we will drive over to M&S food hall picking my stepfather up en route. It will be nice to see him although we do speak every day even when we’re in Malaga - I ring him one day and he rings the next.

Porridge and blueberries for breakfast. Yesterday as I was buttering my crumpets (that sounds a bit rude) I got to thinking of our crumpet queen so I rang her after my breakfast. It was really nice to chat to her and she was pleasantly surprised to hear from me! She is keeping well, all her family are fine and she asked to be remembered to you all. She told me she reads this thread most mornings and enjoys keeping up with all our doings.

I always think of gillybobs on a Friday. I used to love the Friday Girl picture. If you are reading this dear lady I hope you are well and more settled these days. I seem to recall someone on here was in touch for a while? x

Gingster Fri 13-May-22 08:02:18

Thankyou for your kind thoughts re DD and her ongoing cancer ‘journey’. And it is a journey indeed!

Chrissielou - always in my thoughts . Love to you and your DD. ❤️

Chrissielou Fri 13-May-22 08:08:52

Gingster same here, we are on a similar journey unfortunately, I always value your support so much.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 13-May-22 08:09:47

Morning Mick and all

Like gingster has posted it’s bright here and the forecast is a good one.

We have The Imp today, and pick up his 7yr old brother from school, so definitely some time in the park maybe we will visit the beach to let the little one run wild

I always think of our dear friend the crumpet Queen whenever I am buttering my crumpets xx
gillybob if you are reading we miss you xx

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Grandmadinosaur Fri 13-May-22 08:12:51

Love Matt today Urms I am sick of seeing the headlines about those two. With what is going on in the world at the moment Ukraine, food banks etc it is obscene. Thanks for sharing.

monk08 Fri 13-May-22 08:23:25

Good morning all from a dull Black country.
Thank you for DH birthday wishes yesterday, unfortunately things did not go to plan . Youngest Dgs taken to A&E had been vomiting since 1am they finally settled him and he arrived home just before midnight, I'm waiting to hear how he is today.
momb so glad the family are settling in can only imagine what horrors they have been through.
Thoughts with grandMattie and her DH?.
Enjoy your Friday everyone and may you all find some ?.

BlueSapphire Fri 13-May-22 08:25:03

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Northampton. Hoping it's set in for the weekemd.

Did my two dance classes yesterday afternoon, .then popped in a couple of charity shops while waiting for the bus home. Came out with a brand new pair of M&S shorts (label still on!) and another book.

Did not get to my evening walk and meal at the pub yesterday as my friend phoned to say she wasn't feeling well, so I hastily got a Bolognese out of the freezer and defrosted it in the microwave for my dinner.

An earlier trip to the shops today, as I have to be in this afternoon to await a phone call from the travel holiday company about my proposed holiday next spring. Hoping it's good news.

Hope that your DH has a restful stay at the hospice, grandMattie and that you also rest up a bit. Enjoy your pizza tonight!

And hoping we all find a.but of rest today!

Grandmabatty Fri 13-May-22 08:36:56

Good morning all from showery Polmont where it's currently 10°. It's still quite windy. Enjoy your pre birthday lunch Marydoll. Fingers crossed that your husband is made more comfortable Grandmattie and you can rest.
Yesterday I ended up with dgs1 as he demanded to go to grandma's house. It's lovely having him. He was very appreciative of my sandcastle building efforts. He watered my carrots carefully too.
Today I was going to the local garden centre with dd and the baby but she's cancelled as dgs2 was up four times in the night so she needs a nap. I don't mind as I would have been tempted to buy things I don't need to. So today will be quiet. I intend to do some pastel drawing. Have a good day all

Georgesgran Fri 13-May-22 08:45:45

Good morning from a bright, windy Durham. I kept DD2’s older dog here and took the youngster home yesterday - he will have a short walk later.
Coffee with friend this morning then I must crack on in the garden - I’m not keen, so any distraction is welcomed.
I can only echo what other GN’s have said gM and Chrissie - look after yourselves too.
Birthday greetings to those a year older today/at the weekend.
Have a good day.

Anniebach Fri 13-May-22 08:49:47

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

dustyangel Fri 13-May-22 08:56:15

Good morning everyone from a sunny Algarve.
We’ve got 3 members of the family arriving this morning and I can’t wait to see them.
They should be on the plane now so I’d best get a move on and hope to catch up with you all later.

luluaugust Fri 13-May-22 08:56:48

Good morning from a cloudy W Kent. Meeting DD2 for a cuppa before tackling the supermarket. Will be taking it slowly as still feeling tired from day in London during the week.
Very best wishes to all tackling life's problems.

Nannytopsy Fri 13-May-22 09:00:47

Good morning Mick and all his followers. I haven’t dropped in for ages but it’s good to see all the familiar names. Happy Birthday for tomorrow Marydoll. ?
Trying to raise the profile of our village church and the village hall, I volunteered to organise a quiz night. It’s tonight and I am just slightly nervous. I worry that we have too many teams for the size of the hall.
Oh well, I am sure we will manage.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Taichinan Fri 13-May-22 09:08:34

Good morning all from a sunny Angus coast. This is being a very cool grey May, but at least at this time of year there is still hope!
Busy day today - packing for the weekend, which for me involves cramming everything but the kitchen sink into the car 'just in case' - then off for a hair appointment and a lunch and catch-up with my niece who is not long back from visiting her DD and family in LA. After that it's into the car again to go to DD's in time to driveDGD3 to Crieff for her after school job at the Hydro. I will collect her again at 10pm, so a full-on day indeed! I'm so glad that I'm still able to do this. Being needed when we're older is so important isn't it.
Gmattie thoughts are with you and your DH as ever - I hope his pain management is effective, and that you can take the opportunity to rest a bit and give your ankle a chance to mend. Enjoy that pizza and the company this evening.
Marydoll enjoy your pre-birthday and market rummage today. How lovely to take a wee peek at your first house. Ours was in Singapore, but we did manage a sneaky we peek when we went back for our silver wedding - it hadn't changed much at all in the years since we lived there, but another 23 years have passed since then..........
momb your little visiting family sounds lovely and for them it must seem as if they are in heaven! What a wonderful thing you are doing.
Chrissielou and Gingster, my heart goes out to you with your worries for your DD's and I wish them both strength and a speedy recovery.
Urms thank you for news of our 'crumpet lady' - good to know she and her family are still going strong. I often think of her as I'm scrolling through.
I'm sorry if I don't manage to mention more of you by name but by the time I've read all the news I have forgotten who said what! But I do read with interest, I promise.
Now off I go to start today's marathon in progress. Best wishes for happy travels, sunny gardens and joyful family times - and for peace and contentment for all x

EkwaNimitee Fri 13-May-22 09:18:34

Good morning Mick and everyone from grey breezy Carlisle where the sun keeps trying to get out. Until it does, I'm staying in. I've realised what the date is too...Friday the 13th. I'm not superstitious but...
It's been a rather disappointing May so far, too cool and cloudy for me.
I was out in the garden yesterday planting out some lavenders, they were good plants at a decent price so I think I will get a few more. I found I had to get the hose out, the recent rains have obviously been insufficient.
As for the today, nothing much planned. I will just potter gently at this and that as I had yet another poor night's sleep, ravaged by indigestion. Why is a mystery.
Thinking of all of you faced with a possibly worrying or stressful day and hope all goes as well as it can.

aggie Fri 13-May-22 09:19:28

Good morning everyone from a blustery NI , it’s not cold , I was out checking tomato and cucumber plants in their temporary (I hope) home , salad leaves have germinated and the cosmos are ready to go out
I hope your consultation goes well GMatie ,
Marydoll happy birthday ?
Lovely to hear the poor refugees are settling in , it’s so uplifting to read of kindness these days
Thoughts are with all our poorly friends
No art class today , the hall is double booked

harrigran Fri 13-May-22 09:23:11

Good morning from a sunny but very windy NE.
Had a lovely day yesterday, friend called in with gifts and then DS arrived. We spent the afternoon at Delaval Hall and enjoyed walking in the gardens.
I was tired last night and slept soundly only to be woken by the telephone at 8am, it was Northumbria water telling me that my water would be turned on again at about 11am confused that is awkward I have a lunch out today and would have liked to be showered before that.
GD1 was at leavers service yesterday, can't believe she has reached this point in her education already. Exams start now and I will be seeing less of her for a while.
I miss gillybob too and if you are reading I am going to the Temple for lunch, will wave ? to you.
Thoughts are with you gM and your DH.

Blossoming Fri 13-May-22 09:32:50

Good morning Mick and all. It’s cloudy and damp in my corner of Lancashire, currently 11°C. Looking out of the window I can see the trees swaying so I guess it’s windy. They’re also covered in blossom so I must take a hayfever tablet. I don’t think I’ll be going for a walk today, I have a visit to the hairdresser. Usual physio exercises, slow cooker curry to make and some paperwork to sort.

Hope today goes as well as it can in the circumstances Grandmattie, your DGS is very thoughtful and it’s good you’ll have some company.

Also a difficult day for your family Maw, hope it goes smoothly.

It’s lovely to hear that your Ukrainian guests have settled in well MoMB. Cumbria is a beautiful area and people are so friendly.

I was thinking of the crumpet queen yesterday Urms, good to know she’s OK.

Thinking of Gingster* and Chrissielou and DDs and all Grans going through difficult times.

A warm welcome to any new members I have missed recently.

Wishing everyone the best day possible with a ?or two along the way.

Nannagarra Fri 13-May-22 09:37:25

Good morning from Sefton where it is now fresh, following a windy night.
General pottering, tidying up and food shopping for me today.
Delighted it is going well with the Ukrainian family momb.
Thinking of you and your DH GM.
Have the best day possible everyone.
???

Grammaretto Fri 13-May-22 09:58:32

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. Back home now but not feeling great. I did a covid test this morning in case it was that - it isn't. Just a feverish cold and cough from mixing too much with people smile
DGD, who woke up poorly, slept all morning and then announced she was feeling better and wanted lunch.

momb I admire you for what you are doing. I wish you all the best with your extra family.

Thinking of you today Maw.
and gMattie as always.

I miss our Friday girl too Urms . Gilly was such a good natured person, I felt. I hope she is still about.

Happy pre-birthday Marydoll. That's as bad as me having 2 birthdays. I recommend it BTW. grin
No-one could come for the actual day so I celebrated 2 months early to get better weather and have all the clan there.

hollysteers Fri 13-May-22 10:04:15

Good morning Mick and all from a brightening northwest coast.
Have an appointment with doc soon as coughing etc too much, might have an infection on Ye Olde Chest.
Not fond much as been occupied with coughing.
Thoughts to all GNs with troubles and have a good Friday the 13th! ☘️

gillgran Fri 13-May-22 10:19:50

Good Morning to you all from a bright & breezy Cambs.,

Thank you Urmstongran for the update from EV, I do miss her contribution to GN. Also remembering gillybob & her girl Friday.
Greetings to both, if reading.

Kindly thoughts for grandMattie & your husband.

Gingster & Chrissielou, warm wishes for you & your daughters.
& how is your daughter getting on now, kittylester?

I hope your day goes as well as is possible Maw.

Enjoy your pre-Birthday day out Marydoll.

Take Care, you friendly folk. flowers