Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you iron tea towels

(288 Posts)
Mine Mon 16-May-22 11:50:51

Never.. If I could get out of not having to iron anything Id be a happy lady.

Chewbacca Mon 16-May-22 11:50:06

I moved house over 3 years ago and haven't unpacked the iron yet. As no one appears to have noticed that my clothes and bed linen are unironed, I'm rather cross with myself that I wasted all those years ironing it all.

biglouis Mon 16-May-22 11:44:26

The last time I ironed anything it was because I was doing a sewing project. I just wash it and hang it up and hope the creases drop out. Life is too short for that pallaver.

I have a rule that if something does not bring me money or pleasure then I will avoid it at all costs.

Sparklefizz Mon 16-May-22 11:42:48

I got out my ironing board this morning for the first time for 2 years, and this is only because I'm going out tomorrow and want to look half decent. I don't iron anything unless absolutely necessary. Life's too short!

Lark123 Mon 16-May-22 11:41:06

I remember my Gran used to iron most things made of cotton; tea towels included.
My Mother most certainly did not do that, she was a working mum, and didn't make time for that.
I never iron anything anymore.
I hang clothing to dry either outside or inside and things dry straight and fold up nicely too.
It is however a soothing thing to do, ironing, and if it gives you a nice feeling to do it, go for it!

tanith Mon 16-May-22 11:31:48

Hell no! I fold everything as it comes off the line, the only thing I iron nowadays is some cotton shirts and summer dresses. I spent years ironing mine and hubbies work uniforms including a dozen white shirts a week and bed linen. No more ironing unless absolutely necessary for me.

NanKate Mon 16-May-22 11:31:27

The hours I’ve saved not ironing can be counted in the thousands. ?

sweetcakes Mon 16-May-22 11:30:29

No life's to short for that!

AGAA4 Mon 16-May-22 11:29:09

I was put off ironing by my mum who would even iron socks.
No I don't iron tea towels or much else.

Grandmabatty Mon 16-May-22 11:26:01

Yes, you are mad! I grew up with a mother who ironed everything, even tights. She would iron them under a tea towel. And towels, socks, bras etc. I iron more things now I'm retired but I used to send my clothes for ironing when I was married and the children were at school. But I have never ironed tea towels! If it makes you happy though, carry on ?

Squiffy Mon 16-May-22 11:25:26

I also iron my OH pants ?? am I mad !!

Well, you are in my book! Sorry! ?

henetha Mon 16-May-22 11:23:40

No I never iron tea towels. I only iron anything when absolutely necessary. (bad back).
I like folding and patting...

Beau1958 Mon 16-May-22 11:21:48

I was doing our ironing yesterday my other half gets through far many clothes than I
Anyway I’m ironing a couple of tea towels and I thought how many people actually iron them am I a minority ? I like to see them neat in the draw in the kitchen. I also iron my OH pants ?? am I mad !!