Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 18th May 2022

(73 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 18-May-22 05:49:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear sky and the sun is up here in brackley this morning.
Plan to do a small local shop early this morning, before I start to watch the Tour of Italy cycle race on TV .
Take Care,
Mick

Beechnut Wed 18-May-22 07:32:40

Very good news Chrissielou ?

Pittcity Wed 18-May-22 07:32:51

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
We'll be outside on the cafe terrace for our Wednesday morning coffee meetup, so I must slap on some sunscreen.
Yet another decorator to quote for the hall, stairs and landing later. They all seem to disappear after quoting. We've ended up doing most of it ourselves but don't want DH balancing at height. I'm hoping to get the house finished before we've been here 2 years!!
Great news Chrissielou
Love to all ? x

Beechnut Wed 18-May-22 07:35:59

Did any of your young Oopsies come and borrow them while you were away Oops.

Grandmajean Wed 18-May-22 07:37:06

Fantastic newsChrissielou

Grandmabatty Wed 18-May-22 07:47:42

Good morning all from a bright and breezy Polmont. Chrissielou that's lovely news. Grandmattie I'm hoping your husband gets home and the sickness abates. Baubles enjoy Don Giovanni. Ashcombe enjoy your long delayed cruise.
Yesterday I was slow to get going but I managed to sweep the garden after recent high winds, then dust all the skirting boards, hoover and wash all the floors. I didn't draw so will need to make up for it today.
Today I will visit mum. I hope your visit went off without incident yesterday Susan. Then the last art class til August. I will miss it. It's such an absorbing way to spend time. Later I'll watch The Great British Sewing Bee. I love it! I have never been able to follow a pattern or use a sewing machine so I'm in awe of the ability of the sewers. Have a good day all.

Ali23 Wed 18-May-22 07:49:18

Good morning Mick and all, from Leicester. Not a great night this end, but I did manage to get back to sleep after the birds started singing.
Grandmattie, my fingers are crossed that Mr GM gets home today.
Chrissielou, that’s brilliant news!
Out to lunch with friends today, so that should be nice.

Marydoll Wed 18-May-22 07:54:37

Good morning all from a partly sunny Glasgow.

Wonderful news, Chrissielou and so lovely to see you posting again, Greyduster. You were a regular, when I started posting many years ago.
GM ?

We are off to the nursery this morning for begonias. It is a very old business and DH refuses to go anywhere else for them. It's not cheap, but the quality is exceptionally good.
To be honest, after yesterday's very busy day, I am pretty wiped out and would rather stay in.

Parking at the charity shop is very difficult, despite having disabled bays, they are usually full. I then had the bright idea of putting the eight bags in trollies and pushing them along from Asda. Not the best of ideas, I have to say, because the magnets in the trollies brought them to an abrupt halt, halfway between Asda and the charity shop.
DH hadn't twigged what was happening. I was in stitches watching him trying to get the trolley to move. Eventually, he had to make three walking trips, (while I supervised) as there were a fair number of bags to carry.

Last night I was sitting in the conservatory, having my cuppa after dinner, when I thought I heard DH talking to someone. It was DS2, who had popped in with my present, which he had mistakenly sent to himself, instead of me! It was an enormous box of Hotel Chocolat goodies. The only problem with it, is where can I hide it from DD?

About ten minutes later, the doorbell rang again, a little figure in a pink ballet outfit, came running in. It was Dollie along with DS1, who is usually too busy working to pop in in the evening.
Of course, I was so delighted to see her and did my usual exaggerated welcome. DS said that she was doing impersonations of my anticipated welcome in the car on the way down and that she had got me down to a T. She is a natural mimic and she does a very impressionable impersonation of her gran getting frustrated with papa. ?
We were treated to tales of her school day, a ballet display, arm wrestling competitions with papa and her uncle, with us attempting to look impressed when she sang a song for papa and delivered her forward plan for her sleepover in a few weeks time. However, it was difficult not to smile, for it was not a song, but a hymn and like her daddie and papa, she is tone deaf. ?

The best bit was that my two boys, who had fallen out with each other during the pandemic, were chatting as if nothing had happened. Apart from the wedding, they haven't been together in the same room since the start of the pandemic. I could feel my eyes filling up, sentimental and emotional old fool that I am. ?
Since I have had Covid, I have been quite anxious and teary, No idea why!

Safe sailing to Ash and her DH, I hope you have a great time and the same wishes go to all those travelling or on holiday at the moment. Sar, I continue to be envious. ?
MOFMB, I hope all goes well today and you experience a successful outcome.

Wishing you a pleasant day, whatever your plans. DH is champing at the bit to get out, but I have neither the energy, nor inclination to get out of bed! ?

cornergran Wed 18-May-22 07:56:49

Morning Mick, morning All from a sunny corner of Somerset

Still snuffling, head full of cotton wool which doesn’t bode well for the fourth Apple attempt to fix my phone. Hope there’s a lot of patience from their end

Dust removal and grocery delivery today, then back to my book.

Good wishes for your cruise ash, we loved them, our last was a fantastic Northern Lights cruise to celebrate our golden wedding anniversary. Sadly insurance is prohibitive now, too many ailments between us so it’s back to the beautiful U.K. for our breaks. Enjoy every minute.

Hope today is comfortable for you both grandMattie. Excellent news about your daughter chrissie and congratulations to the young family greyduster, good to see you back. Guarantee as soon as you replace that mop and bucket the original will turn up oops, the Borrowers at work.

Take care everyone. Hope Wednesday is kind to us all.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 18-May-22 08:04:09

Morning all from a so far sunny West Oxfordshire. I am off to Oxford this morning to buy some birthday presents. Daughter is 41 on Sunday and son is 39. It would have been my grandmother’s birthday too! Then this evening it is our WI meeting. Someone will talk about relaxation. ???to Mr and Mrs GM.

Susan56 Wed 18-May-22 08:07:02

Good morning from Shropshire.A sunny day is forecast.

Wonderful days to start the day Chrissielou?

Yesterday went reasonably well.DH looked after H and DD came to mums with me.We went out to an Italian restaurant for lunch which we think she enjoyed.

Thank you for your kind thoughts about H dragonfly.Sadly he has a really bad dose of chickenpox,he is absolutely covered even on his lips and in his eyes.He just cudddled grandpa all day,DH couldn’t move,luckily SIL popped home to see how H was and made DH a sandwich.Hoping for happier news re H today??

I hope your DH gets home today grandMattie??

Safe travels all on the move today.Sar your holiday sounds idyllic.

Have the best day you can everyone??

Grandmabatty Wed 18-May-22 08:08:53

Poor wee H. It's such a horrible childhood illness. Susan

NannyJan53 Wed 18-May-22 08:10:57

Good morning from a very sunny Black Country.

Youngest DGD (I have 4) is 11 today, hard to believe. It seems like yesterday that I had a couple of days off work to look after her older sister while we waited for the news she was here.

No real plans today, we are celebrating the birthday on Saturday.

Waiting for gas engineer as the boiler isn't working.

Such a relief Chrissielou I am so happy for you

Wishing you all a lovely day

harrigran Wed 18-May-22 08:12:10

Good morning from a sunny NE again.
Ashcombe I will wave to you as you sail from the Tyne, have a wonderful cruise.
Bad day yesterday, boiler malfunctioned after having the meter changed and the gas turned off, it almost blew a gasket. SIL came to help me, he bled the radiators and released some water from the system, not an easy job as I don't have bog standard radiators.
Shopping today, DS let me know that it will be only him visiting tomorrow as both GDs are now sitting exams, helpful to know in advance so I don't overshop.
Looks as if it will be warm again today so may get in the garden.
Thoughts are with you gM and your DH.

Gingster Wed 18-May-22 08:20:23

Good morning all from a sunny Suffolk coast.

Firstly, wonderful news Chrissielou . I feel so happy and relieved for you and your DD. ❤️. It gives us all such hope and reassurance.

We had a productive day yesterday and lots more to do today. We pace ourselves and enjoy our time here. We’ll walk little pooch in the forest this morning, where it will be cool and fragrant with all the new growth of nature.

As we sat and had our g and t’s overlooking the sea yesterday afternoon, we saw a sailing boat appearing to be in the sky. It was an optical illusion as the sea and sky were the same colour.I’ll try to send a pic. Surreal!

Hoping you all have a lovely day, whatever it involves. ???

brook2704 Wed 18-May-22 08:24:28

Great picture Gingster it really does look like that boat is in the sky! Nothing to do with the G&Ts at all ?

Marydoll Wed 18-May-22 08:27:56

Susan, poor we sould. He must be absolutely misearble.
My three caught it from each other and DS2, who suffers from anaphylaxis, was very unwell.
You feel so helpless. I hope he is on the mend quickly. It seems to be rife here. A friend's great nephew, a six month old baby, caught it right after having Covid, he is so poorly.

Susan56 Wed 18-May-22 08:40:54

Thank you GrandmaBatty and Mary.

That’s interesting about your son Mary as we wondered if his allergies could have a bearing on how ill he is.Will message DD now.H caught it off his big sis.She had recovered and been back at school a week when his spots came out.

Grammaretto Wed 18-May-22 08:41:54

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Another beautiful day here.
Hope those on holiday are catching the good weather
Such good news Chrissielou sunshine
Congratulations Baubles on the latest addition.
I am coughing less so must be getting better. I keep testing for covid but it says no

There should be some kitchen progress this morning but I will be out at my yarn group.
Have a good day everyone and I hope Mr grandMatte gets home.

luluaugust Wed 18-May-22 08:43:10

Good morning all from soon to be hot W Kent. Off to hairdressers and then pop in and see friend. Otherwise still plenty of ironing.
So pleased to hear the good news today and best wishes to all

Marydoll Wed 18-May-22 08:43:19

DS2, a rehead like me , was tearing at his skin, when he had chickenpox, it was a awful.
When he was born, he was bathed in Hibitane, which I am also allergic to. His skin was covered in weals.

Susan56 Wed 18-May-22 08:45:40

Oh Mary how awful?

H was tearing at his skin last week before the spots came?

Glad your cough is improving Grammaretto.

Anniebach Wed 18-May-22 08:46:41

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Urmstongran Wed 18-May-22 08:47:24

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where we have a glorious start to the day! I have no plans apart from a routine NHS dental appointment later this morning so will just take the day as it comes. Hope you both enjoy your cruise Ashcombe!

BlueSapphire Wed 18-May-22 08:50:30

Good morning everyone from a sunny ?Northampton.

Have just put some washing on; I swapped my summer and winter wardrobes on Monday, and some of my summer clothes need freshening up. Also planning on cutting the grass this morning before it starts to look like a hay meadow.

A visit to the well-being cafe this afternoon for knitting and a chat.

Nothing needed doing at my visit to the dentist yesterday, next appointment is November. Afterwards walked up to meet my walking group at our usual cafe and spent an hour chatting with friends.

Enjoy your cruise Ash; you will enjoy the Baltic cities; I did a similar one in 2019. Can't wait for my cruise in August.

All the best for today grandMattie. Hope.your DH gets home and feels better.

Great news ChrissieLou!

Have a lovely day everyone.

Shelflife Wed 18-May-22 09:00:31

Thankyou !
Like many people I read this thread but haven’t posted. I think I am not alone in feeling a bit down since the pandemic, feel a bit anxious especially on morning waking . I do have worries , a serious family heath issue that is not going to be cured , and has sad and serious consequences for the person it affects and the family., However , I just want to say thankyou to all you lovely GN s for posting about your everyday lives - the highs and the lows! I want you to know that there are people who read but don’t post who like me gain strength from reading.
The sun ☀️ is shining today , a walk is my next job! Good wishes to you all.